Video Games

Started by Sonoras, December 27, 2004, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorClaw

*snort* For people that like to play mindless blood and guts shooters, with a controller that has way too many buttons and is big, and is even harder to control w/ small ones, and that has no Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, ToS, Baten Kaitos, Fire Emblem, or Zelda, certainly, the Xbox is better. How many decent RPGs, RTS', and In-Depth adventure games do you see on the Xbox or PS2? Graphics on GCN are inferior to Xbox's (no built-in hard-drive ::cries:: ), and its online gameplay is limited. So, I'd say PS2 is the worst of the three, Xbox is best for racers, shooters, online, and graphics, and GCN is best for controller, RPG, RTS, Adventure, and portability. However, at this point, judging these systems is rather dumb, as in 2007 the new Nintendo is coming out, and the PS3 and X-Box 2 are coming out soon as well. But for now, owning an X-Box + GCN or one of them (depending on preference in games) is better. Counter THAT, PS2 fanboys.  :P  

Rough Raiders

Quote from: RazorClawHow many decent RPGs, RTS', and In-Depth adventure games do you see on the Xbox or PS2? So, I'd say PS2 is the worst of the three, Xbox is best for racers, shooters, online, and graphics, and GCN is best for controller, RPG, RTS, Adventure, and portability. Counter THAT, PS2 fanboys. ?:P
that right there in bold hit the jackpot...

time for me to start on this topic,

being an owner of xbox AND PS2, ps2 pwns xbox.

and i would have to say, xbox is best for portability b/c of hte carrying case you can buy for it, you cant buy that for GC or PS2

dont EVEN get me started on RPG's cause i could say just a few games that will destroy GC.

Ratchet and Clank
Jak or Jak and Daxter (whichever you call it)

plus, PS2 has better racing games than xbox such as GT which is probably the best racing game i have ever played besides Test Drive: Eve of Destruction which is for XBox and PS2

as for Shooters, XBox has Halo and halo 2 but what other good shooters does it really have?
PS2 has SOCOM and SOCOM 2 which are just about equal to the halos plus it was the original maker of hte GTA games and Killzone is friggen great.  the medal of honor series is also for PS2 which is one of the best series' around

GC just blows the big one. sure it has mario which is awesome and one of the oldest games around, but a plumber running around in a red suit does get old.

Xbox live is better than PS2 online

in my opinion, PS2 is better than Xbox but in reality, you cant compare them because Xbox came out AFTER PS2 so therefore it should have better graphix systems and the Hard drive on Xbox was something PS2 didnt have.

As for slimline, its not only a thinner PS2 but it has an internet port so you dont have to buy an adapter for your PS2.

GameCube controlers suck, as do their RPG's. they have too many old games that they think are still good.

one word sums this up Razorclaw

OWNED

go back to your lack of online capabilities and kiddie games, your arguement doesnt even fit the topic either  :snicker:
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Sonoras

Ehm.....Ehm......Xbox is made by Microsoft.....that's just wrong...THEY MAKE COMPUTERS!!! NOT VIDEO GAMES!!!

(Mutters something about how greedy Microsoft is)

Rough Raiders

o yea

Xbox=PS2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GameCube

Sonoras

I just made a really long post about how much PS2 pwns Xbox,then this crappy library computer didn't let me submit, so I'll just summarize it.

Xbox sucks. PS2 rules.

You have to buy the Xbox DVD thing for an extra 30 bucks, unlike PS2.

Rough Raiders

Quote from: SonorasYou have to buy the Xbox DVD thing for an extra 30 bucks, unlike PS2.
huh?

you have to pay for the DVD controller on PS2 also...

Sonoras

Wait, I heard the DVD only works on Xbox if you have the little hook in thing.That's what my friend told me.

Rough Raiders

dvd's work but you need a remote and other thingy for the remote to work :D  

Sonoras

Ohhh.....well, I haven't even had my Xbox for a week yet, so I haven't tried some things.  :lol:  

Gen. Volkov

PS2 doesn't need squat to play DVD's you just need the controller. The remote is just convenient. As to RPG's, don't make me laugh. PS has the best RPG of all time. Final Fantasy! And Kingdom Hearts! So don't tell me GCN has better RPG's then PS2. Of the three, GCN is probably the worst. Wierd old N64 style controllers, bad graphics, and horrible games for the most part. PS2 definitely owns them all. Xbox may have slightly better sound, but the graphics quality is dead even. As to games. Xbox has a few that are good, but PS2 has games to match them, plus hundreds more additional. While many games are for both, PS2 runs most of them better than Xbox because they were originally designed for Sony and the PS2. As to RTS, well most consoles suck for that anyway, but PS2 does have it. But really the best platform for RTS is compy. Basicly Halo is the only thing Xbox has that PS2 can't match. But the Medal of Honor series blows almost all other first person shooters away.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rough Raiders

Quote from: Gen. VolkovPS2 doesn't need squat to play DVD's you just need the controller. The remote is just convenient. As to RPG's, don't make me laugh. PS has the best RPG of all time. Final Fantasy! And Kingdom Hearts! So don't tell me GCN has better RPG's then PS2. Of the three, GCN is probably the worst. Wierd old N64 style controllers, bad graphics, and horrible games for the most part. PS2 definitely owns them all. Xbox may have slightly better sound, but the graphics quality is dead even. As to games. Xbox has a few that are good, but PS2 has games to match them, plus hundreds more additional. While many games are for both, PS2 runs most of them better than Xbox because they were originally designed for Sony and the PS2. As to RTS, well most consoles suck for that anyway, but PS2 does have it. But really the best platform for RTS is compy. Basicly Halo is the only thing Xbox has that PS2 can't match. But the Medal of Honor series blows almost all other first person shooters away.
~word

except for the moh series comment, imma big moh fan :)

Counter us GC fanboys!

RazorClaw

Quote from: Gen. VolkovPS2 doesn't need squat to play DVD's you just need the controller. The remote is just convenient. As to RPG's, don't make me laugh. PS has the best RPG of all time. Final Fantasy! And Kingdom Hearts! So don't tell me GCN has better RPG's then PS2. Of the three, GCN is probably the worst. Wierd old N64 style controllers, bad graphics, and horrible games for the most part. PS2 definitely owns them all. Xbox may have slightly better sound, but the graphics quality is dead even. As to games. Xbox has a few that are good, but PS2 has games to match them, plus hundreds more additional. While many games are for both, PS2 runs most of them better than Xbox because they were originally designed for Sony and the PS2. As to RTS, well most consoles suck for that anyway, but PS2 does have it. But really the best platform for RTS is compy. Basicly Halo is the only thing Xbox has that PS2 can't match. But the Medal of Honor series blows almost all other first person shooters away.
GCN has Final Fantasy, ToS, Pokemon, etc. So, the same or better quality of RPGs, and more of them. PS2 better than XBox? I'm going to wait and grin as DE tears you up on that. The Controllers conform to the line of your hand, are NOTHING like N64 controllers. It has better graphics than the PS2. PS2, even graphics w/ XBox? What are you on? Can you sell me some? AWUF is coming out for GC, as far as RTS, and Goblin Commander's a load of fun. Halo's the best shooter, followed by James Bond. James Bond (other than EoN) pwns just because the multiplayer is SO fun, plus it has cars. Also, doesn't GCN have Kingdom Hearts? I know it'll have Kingdom Hearts II... And GCN has great heaping tons of games.  

Rough Raiders

Quote from: RazorClawGCN has Final Fantasy, ToS, Pokemon, etc. So, the same or better quality of RPGs, and more of them. PS2 better than XBox? I'm going to wait and grin as DE tears you up on that. The Controllers conform to the line of your hand, are NOTHING like N64 controllers. It has better graphics than the PS2. PS2, even graphics w/ XBox? What are you on? Can you sell me some? AWUF is coming out for GC, as far as RTS, and Goblin Commander's a load of fun. Halo's the best shooter, followed by James Bond. James Bond (other than EoN) pwns just because the multiplayer is SO fun, plus it has cars. Also, doesn't GCN have Kingdom Hearts? I know it'll have Kingdom Hearts II... And GCN has great heaping tons of games.
AHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GC HAS POKEMON OMFG NO WAY. Pokemon has to be the g*yest thing ever created. never was a fan never will be. it needs to give up and die. plus, PS2 has the best controlers out there, they fit in your hand and the two joysticks arent oddly placed like they are on GC and Xbox.  Plus, being an owner of PS2 and Xbox i can say that i like ps2 much better besides the fact that Xbox has Halo 2 and Live. PS2 does have better graphix then GC and does have equal graphix to xbox if not only a little inferior.  PS2 has so many more games than GC and alot more good games. and who actually plays RTS on a console? you play RTS on a computer.

as for the FF, how many does GC have? like 1? PS2 and PS combined have all of them so dont even start on that. and james bond is for ps2 so dont even mention that either.
Here is alist of the games from the video game awards, how many are from GC and GC only.

Best Action Game: Grand Theft Auto 3: San Andreas (origin ps2)
Best Driving Game: Burnout 3 (xbox)
Best Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat: Deception (ps2 and gc not sure bout xbox)
Best First Person Action: Halo 2 (Xbox)
Best Game Based on a Movie: Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (only ps2 but not sure)
Best Gaming Publication: Game Informer
Best Gaming Website: Gamespot
Best Graphics: Half-Life 2 (COMP!!!)
Best Handheld Game: Metroid: Zero Mission
Best Massive Multiplayer Online Game: City of Heroes (COMP!)
Best Military Game: CoD: Finest Hour (sucks, get CoD for computer)
Best New Technology: Nintendo DS
Best PC Game: Half-Life 2
Best Performance by a Human Female: Brooke Burke in Need For Speed Underground 2
Best Performance by a Human Male: Samuel L. Jackson in Grand Theft Auto 3: San Andreas
Best Role-Playing Game: Fable (Xbox)
Best Song in a Game: American Idiot - Green Day, in Madden 2005
Best Soundtrack: Grand Theft Auto 3: San Andreas (PS2 again)
Best Sports Game: Madden 2005 (PS2 Xbox?)
Best Wireless Game: Might and Magic
Cyber Vixen of the Year: BloodRayne
Designer of the Year: Jason Jones of Bungie Studios (xbox)
Most Addictive Game: Burnout 3 (xbox)

that just about settles it, go home. :ph34r:  

Gen. Volkov

Goblin Commanders is for PS2 also. SO every game you mentioned is either originally PS2, or is for allt eh consoles. As to the graphics... same to you. PS2 graphics just pwn GCN graphics. I have played both consoles, and there simply is no comparison. GCN doesn't have MOH, or several other games which are simply the best in their class. I'm sorry, but GCN just can't compete with Xbox and PS2. It is worse in everyway. And the controller set up is just HORRIBLE. It has a one analog stick, one trigger and the big A, little b, and the rest arrangement just sucks. It is very similar to N64, and as to conforming to your hand, they all do, but PS2's analog sticks are the best positioned and easiest to use. Also, Nintendo has still not gotten rid of the controller connection problems that have plagued that system since the very first 8 bit Nintendo. GCN is definitely the worst, with PS2 and Xbox jockeying for best. But PS2 wins for sheer number of good games, plus contoller arrangement.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sonoras

Yeah, what they said.

And Xbox came after PS2, so when PS3 comes out, that will pwn Xbox, but then Xbox 2,not that they needed toeven think about making that, will pwn PS2.....

Why can't all companies come together that has console that plays any game?