Video Games

Started by Sonoras, December 27, 2004, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death Eater

Am I hearing this right?

Sure, graphics are the same as PS2...but Xbox blows GC graphics away. Thats a given,

Also, personally, there is one aspect of the controller that sorta peeves me off, and thats the A button being so large and the B button being so tiny. But, that doesnt matter, because I think that if one plays enough with ANY controller, it will eventually feel second nature to them.

Finally the games. Are you guys serious? I call GC the kiddie system...by FAR the best system for young kids, but I don't know about you, I prefer the older games. Maybe its jsut me, but the Teen and Mature games appeal to me (16 years old) more than Pokemon and Mario does. I used to like Mario games alot...but its no comparison now between Mario and Master Chief.

GC top games:

Paper Mario
Pikmin 1 & 2
Metroid Prime 1 & 2 (which in my opinion is an awfully boring game)
Mario Power Tennis
Tales of Symphonia
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

Notice how ALL of these games are cartoony?
Also, Gamecube has NO sega sports games, and no online play.

Hmmmm...better system how?
user posted image

Death Eater

Quote from: Sonoras
Quote from: Death EaterThe Xbox MACHINE blows PS2 out of the water. Built in harddrive is so friggin sweet, and the graphics and speed are waaay better.

One good game? Wow...are you kiddin me?

PS2 has only a few good games Xbox doesnt have:

MGS3
GTA:SA (but I can jsut play vice city and get the same kinda game)
Final Fantasy
Ratchet and Clank
Winning 11 7
and...uhhh
Katamari Damacy :lol:

Coming Soon on the PS2:
Grand Turismo 4 (with NO online play)
Final Fantasy 12

Anywayz, Xbox has:
Halo
Halo 2
Ninja Gaiden
KOTOR
KOTOR 2
Riddick
Rallispot Challenge 3
Fable

Coming soon for Xbox:
Doom 3
Half Life 2
Forza Motorsport
GTA: SA

Hmmm....better games where?
PS2 has all those games but Fable,Halo 1 and 2, and a couple others, but thats because Gates is so dang greedy and wont allow anyone else those games.

Besides, Sony is the real maker of GTA, GTA 1 and 2 (gah,so much worse than SA) were on PS1 first and Xbox people said "Hey! If we get that game, we'll get even more money, not that we need it!" So they bought the right to put GTA on Xbox.

And isnt Half Life 2 coming for PS2 or already out?
Didn't see this post.

PS2 does NOT have ANY of the Xbox games I listed there, nor does Xbox have ANY of the PS2 games I listed there. My source is Gamespot. The ONLY exception is coming soon for Xbox is GTA:SA. I was merely showing you that PS2's BEST game is coming out for Xbox quite soon.

Half-Life 2 is NOT coming out on PS2.

Try again.
user posted image

Death Eater

Did I mention Xbox Live blows PS2 online out of the water, and Xbox has more than double the online enabled games than PS2?
user posted image

Sonoras

Aight, stop posting so much.

I agree about GC,  the controller is the worst thing, besides all the crappy games.

Gen. Volkov

PS2 has Gran Turismo and GTA San Andreas. Those two games BY THEMSELVES blow anything Xbox has out of the water. Except for Halo...... *Drools* But Halo for computer is so much better. I've played both systems and I like PS2 WAY better than Xbox. For one thing the controllers are better. Xbox controllers are confusing, and Nintendo is annoying, especially because the controllers break to easy. I've had the same PS controller for 5 years and not had a single problem.

And BTW Fable SUCKS.

Nintendo has kiddie games I agree. Though a few are pretty sweet. (Soul Caliber) But it definitely the worst system of the three.

As to online play... if I want that I'll use a computer.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death Eater

Forza Motorsport (will be) > Grand Turismo

and if I want racing, I'll stick with Burnout 3

Next, GTA:SA

well for one, its coming out on Xbox this march (i think its march, gotta check later).
2nd, GTA:SA is not much different than Vice City IMHO. And Xbox has Vice City.

Finally, as to the controllers. Like I said, the Xbox controller is just like any other controller - play it a bit, and its second nature. Actually, I don't like where the PS2 analog stick is...very unnatural. Xboc controller is a lot like the Dreamcast one, so I liked it better.

Ninja Gaiden and Chronicles of Riddick ALONE kick the (donkey) of GT and GTA:SA. Plus Halo, and the games I listed.

And I'm sorry, go to the PC to play online was your argument? Okay, I would like to see you play Halo 2 online on the PC. Or Burnout 3. Or ESPN NFL 2K5. Or....

Plus, I don't like PC online as much because everyone has different connections, different speeds, etc., so the gameplay can get screwed up (lotsa lag, etc). Whereas everyone is required to have a broadband connection on Xbox live, and everyone uses an Xbox. Makes the games real smooth.

Heh, I never lose when I argue this. :P  
user posted image

Death Eater

Oh, and your comment that Fable sucked. That's a matter of opinion. Me and my friends loved the game, but we do agree that it didn't live up to its promises. But that didn't mean it wasn't still awesome.

And here's a counter argument.

Grand Turismo sucks!

(I really didn't see what was so great about it)
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

Forza.. if you say so.

Gran Turismo definitely did not suck. It was the first of its kind for a gaming platform. before it there was absolutely no game like it. Its not just a racing game. You can build your own car. There are so many things you can do in that game that no other game before it had. Neither game is all that different from GTA3 really. And that definitely is a PS2 game. I think the Xbox analog sticks are unnatural.. I think its just a matter of what your used to really with the controllers. Halo is the only game that one, PS2 doesn't have an analog of, and two is better than any PS2 only game. (Star Wars Battlefront stomps Halo into the ground, but its for both platforms) I can't play those games online yet because they haven't been released for computer, but when they are, I will. But really the only reason to go online to play a game for me would be Halo, and I can do that already.

Plus, I don't like PC online as much because everyone has different connections, different speeds, etc., so the gameplay can get screwed up (lotsa lag, etc). Whereas everyone is required to have a broadband connection on Xbox live, and everyone uses an Xbox. Makes the games real smooth.

What if you don't have broadband or an Xbox? It may be smooth but it limits the games and the number of players. Online PC Halo is way better. There are just so many more people and types of games and whatnot. As to lag.... deal with it.

Heh, I never lose when I argue this.

Well neither do I :P

As to Chronicles of Riddick and Ninja Gaiden, PS2 has the equivelent in any number of games.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sonoras

Gah, if you need a racing game, go get Need for Speed Underground 2!
Xbox controllers have like 50 buttons and I never know which one to push.
I mean Black and White button? That's so dumb.

Gen. Volkov

Bah. NFS Underground2 is just a ripoff of Fast and the Furious combined with Gran Turismo. If you want racing get Gran Turismo 1, 2 or 3. I agree about the controllers.

Shogun

I like my comp more, but since there is no comp choice, xbox > ps2
My siggy died :(

Nohcnonk

Gamecube is built the best.  Very sturdy. *nods*

Gen. Volkov

Heh. Built like a brick it is, for all those kids messing with it. Has about the graphics power of a brick too. :P
The compy is a great gaming platform. I prefer keyboard and mouse for just about any game.

Sonoras

I shouldv'e found out there was an Xbox 2 coming out soon, or I woyldn't have bought an Xbox last Friday.

:ph34r:  

Nohcnonk

They said it might not have backwards compatibility, but I doubt it.