Battle for Europe

Started by Yellow Eyes, December 27, 2004, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow Eyes

I'm assuming this can be considered a different game, and I'm looking for feedback on the ideas that will be put into play. The following is what I've written down for ideas.

A player controls a "squad"
A squad can be of a certain race German/American/British etc. conferring certain bonuses/troop names
A squad can fight for a side Allies/Axis/Neutral Join according to country chosen
Infantry Snipers Artillery Special Forces Spies
they fight for the nation they're from
Neutral has no clan, cannot join a clan
Some way for teams to switch sides?
disable polymorph
they can't make their own clans, and assume someone stronger than them is leading them
have everyone on Allied clan have Axis to War, same w/ axis

Neutral:
Portugal  
Spain  
Sweden
Switzerland

Allied:
France
Poland
Soviet Union
United Kingdom
United States

Axis:
Germany
Italy
Finland
Hungary

-When moving countries, you move slowly through each country on the way to you're country of choice.
you don't just wait the whole time and then BAM you're in germany
-If move through country w/ many enemies, they can hit you b/c their in their country
-remove prepare raiders so people HAVE to be in the same location to attack each other
-for each location count how many of each clan are in there and see which has more and declare that location as controlled by XX
-special properties for each location ex: if player is in russia and is not russian suffer attrition (through increased costs or higher mortality, more abandonment)

I would also like to thank Veranor, though I believe he is no longer here, for helping me come up with some(most) of these ideas.  And, as I stated before, any thoughts/comments on these?

Wolf Snare

hmm... No comments on developement really.. I think it'd be a nice switchup from the current blood bath free-for-all that currently is Rerisen. Good luck with it, and if it gets completed, I'd play for sure.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Yellow Eyes

Yellow Eyes

I'm still working on this. Slowly, but surely. Running into quite a few problems lately.

Oscar P

Hey why don't you add Japan mabey Kamikazi ability and Generate loyalty really fast(They belived that their Empeoror was the equvilant of god and would gladly die for him)
HaHa In New Zealand were like 12 hours ahead of you and always will be
Hey im the old Blademaster and I suppose that I better fill my signature so here is

Kick butt Quotes:

Nobody listens to Techno-Eminem

A he he who, shamona-Micheal Jackson

Oh man? im so high I don't even know whats going on-Towlie of South Park

More to Come!!!!!!!!

Yellow Eyes

I didn't add japan because its Europe. Last I checked, Japan was a Eastern country.

Yellow Eyes

ok, I got the game up and running on an EXTREME BETA! It is hardly complete, but i'm opening it up to people who want to do a what im calling a run and code type game, where you play it, report errors, and i'll fix and update the game as its going. its at http://corruptedilluzions.com/bfe

White Fang

Umm...no matter what combination of government/economy I try, it keeps saying "Sorry, but that government system didn't have that economy at the beginning of the war. You may change it ingame if you choose."

Also, it should be noted that Communism is a type of government, not an economic system.

artu

how old is this topic :-P???

White Fang

Erm...whoops. I guess I'm not used to message boards with posts that old so high up on the first page.

Wolf Snare

The developement forum doesnt get alot of topics.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Yeah. Oh and Communism is a type of government and an economic system. In fact, it's government based on the economic system.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Yellow Eyes

So I leave on tour in a couple days, so I will have a lot of free time, I may possibly be bringing this back, and truley working on it this time...haha. So I'll deff be in search of anyone that wants to help, minus beta testers. Don't need them yet. I mean either developers or researchers. Please feel free to contact me @ yelloweyes@gmail.com

Sorry if this is no longer an acceptable post, I will delete it if the admins feel it necessary.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Yellow Eyes

Haha wow, yea. I didn't even realize that. I just got so caught up in school and in my career that I just completely lost the will to do this. But now that I'm going to have the time to do this (instead of reading lol) I may just actually follow through.