wolf bite

How about a game where you can put anything on the market:

Land
Cities
Workers
Leaders
Loyalty

Your thoughts?
(note: Can't sell turns because timely cheaters could missuse that)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juska

That'd be real cool.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Nohcnonk

And you should cut down the time it takes goods to arrive at the market.  By half, maybe, to make camps still worthwhile.

Peace Alliance

it would be another season where martens and stoats have the huge advantage... but still, it'd be different.

wolf bite

I can see a lot of different ways to use it.

An army maser could just keep getting a lot of land and sell the land to buy armies with the cash to get more land.

A scouted could just sell land until he is ready to make his move with the cash.

A person that knows they are about to lose land can sell their workers to someone who has just gained land.

A person switching into a leader strat could buy the loyalty that he did not make when in a different strat.

A person can have fun naming cities; make the money from the sale of the city, then watch to see who gets it.

I am sure that if people think about it, they can even find a lot better ways.

Another interesting idea: Have the market run based on supply and demand. You put your product on the market, but not at any price. All the stuff on the market will be by who put it on first. We make a sub program that calculates how much of the product is on the market, and how much has been recently bought, and it makes the price! If no one is buying, the price starts to drop. If more products are put on the market, the price drops. If a lot of people are buying, the price goes up. If no one is placing more on the market, the price goes up.

So this way, you will always sell your stuff in the order you placed it. But you could get more or less depending on the demand for what you sell.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Peace Alliance

as usefull as those stratagys are, none of them involve buying. without buyers nothing gets sold, and none of those stratagys are profitable :-p

bjornredtail

The suppily/demand based priceing structure already automaticly exists in the game. Only the lowest price is listed, meaning the faster people buy up stuff, the faster it gets into the higher prices. Persons selling are likely to choose prices just below the going rate. No fancy script required. Although that might prevent market storeage of stuff.

You know, I've never been able to get camps to work. Even if I have like 500 of them (as in a city), they do not reduce the time to market. Perhaps the value of camps should be upped so they are a good investment in land and stuff...

Buy land would be very useful for anyone playing HPR, or Industrial-Support stragity.

Buy loyality would be useful for people following Indy or Industrial-Support stragities, as they do not make much loytality, but have uses for it (Raise defences)

Buy and sell leaders would be useful for leader massers. At the end of a run, a leader masser could sell excess leaders at the end of a run, allowing their recovery turns to make leaders instead of doing nothing. They could buy up leaders to improve their ratio, etc.

0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

wolf bite

Peace,

(posts before reading NEV's post)

* Rereads my post and see the word ?buy? used a lot *

People will BUY land before taking their turns to have extra to work with.

People without rounded armies to make Cities will BUY them.

People with a market strat can BUY workers to fill up their tents faster.

People will BUY Leaders to get a better ratio.

Leader fighters will BUY Loyalty to use more.

Before you tell me that people will not sell stuff:

People will SELL land instead of dropping it.

People will SELL cities for the profit.

People will SELL workers before they leave on their own.

People will SELL leaders before the leave on their own.

People will SELL loyalty for the money to buy armies.

The only real problem I see is that you should not be able to pull your leaders back from the market. Once you sell a leader, they will never be loyal to you again.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Nohcnonk

Making the automatic supply and demand thing would be cool, but people might be selling a lot of their goods with no profit.  I still think it's better to set your own price and people will simply buy the lowest.

It would be good to make it so that you can change the price of the goods you have on the market.

What about having a market upkeep?

Gen. Volkov

I rather like the idea of buying loyalty.. though it would make leader massers rather unstoppable because they wouldn't have to spend the turns required to make it. Thus even MORE money from goldmine.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death Eater

I say we get rid of this stupid thing that allows you to remove goods from the market...its completely ridiculours. If you dont want to get rid of it completely, than implement a rule saying that when you remove goods from the market, 20% of them are lost along the way. Or, you CANT remove goods and after x amount of time, the goods are automatically returned to you with a 20-30% penalty.

That could be added with the idea thtat you can put anything on the market.

Do you know why this is important to the game? Because the market is not a market...I RARELY see people selling on the maket for cheaper than the mercenary price, so I rarely buy. And in theory, the market prices should ALWAYS be cheaper than the mercenary prices.

Just another suggestion.
user posted image

Juska

Nev, for every 1k camps time to market is reduced by .5 hours, and yes it works.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Nohcnonk

There is a penalty for removing troops from the market, and I find it very handy.

cloud

the market is useful for storing troops, so death eaters idea sucks balls, hmm wonder if that'll get blocked out?
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

death, you already DO lose 20%... and you already can only have them on the market for like 76 hours or something like that.