Dual Screens!!

Started by windhound, December 16, 2004, 05:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nohcnonk

Diamond and Pearl are coming out on the DS

RazorClaw

(wash my mouth out with soap). My mom says there's no way on the DS for Xmas. Poor me.  

Aqualis

Quote from: NohcnonkPSP: Too costly, lower battery life, and no one wants to watch movies on that small of a screen, let alone waste money on them.  And the graphics are better?  Lots of other and smaller things that play music.  Not even a game system, more of an accessory.

DS: Actually in store at a reasonable price.  Super cool games such as Metriod, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy, and Madden.  Two screens (both larger than GBA, LCD), voice recognition, touch screen (is actually cool and handy, and you don't have to use it if you don't want to), wireless connectivity, PictoChat.

Edit: DS commercials are SWEET.
PSP
Too Costly :: Sony annouced the price, $200.

no one wants to watch movies on that small of a screen :: why not? it's portable, has head phone jack, and a 640x480 screen resolution

battery life :: don't know about this one

wates money on movies :: people are buying those video now things

Graphics are better :: they are slightly better than PS1

Lot of other smaller things that play music :: yes, but they don't play games or music, and few worthwhile ones come for less than $200, at least what I've seen

Not even a game system, more of an accesory :: EA just anounced it will be throwing a ton of support behind the PSP, several other major companies have too

DS
Price :: $150, for games, with worse graphics (I've seen the commercials, then looked at the pictures of PSP playing a version of Gran Turismo, the PSP wins by a long shot), no music playing, no video watching

Super cool games :: I did mention Gran Turismo and EA for PSP

Two screens :: big whoop

voice recognition :: hmm....

touch screen :: meh

wireless connectivity :: PSP has it too

PictoChat :: ok

As you can see, PSP is better than DS. One thing that the DS has over the PSP is decades worth of rabid fans who will scorn anything non-Nintendo.

PSP has better graphics, does more things, and has a huge developer following; all for only $50 more than the DS.

The DS plays games, has two screens, one of which you touch, and PictoChat; all for $50 less than its more capable nemesis.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Nohcnonk

PSP should have about the same graphics as the DS, and both are better than the PS1.

Madden isn't the most pretty game on the DS, but Metroid Prime has great graphics.  There'd be something wrong if Gran Turismo didn't have top notch graphics. ;)  

RazorClaw

$150 for games, better graphics, and overall less money spent/  

Sonoras

DS has the worst controls, I couldn't find out how to change them, if you could, PSP are so much better! Sony rules, Nintendo sucks. (In some ways)

Aqualis

Quote from: RazorClaw$150 for games, better graphics, and overall less money spent/
Well, if you're going to look at it that way:

$150 for games, better graphics
$50 for movies, music, file sharing (yes, I forgot to mentin that earlier)

And, in my opinion, the PSP is better looking than the DS.

~the mighta awualis

Oscar The Great

Ha Ha HA fools X-box and PC kick Sony and Nitendo's a s s . Any way Nitendoes so old it woulden't be hard at all GO PC

COOL PC GAMES:

Diablo 2
Arcanum(GO ARCANUM)
Age of Empires 2
Warcraft
Battlefeild

And about A million others
I am Oscar and I am in the Mystic clan my Empire s called Bladefang and is 536 in ordinary game
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Aqualis

Quote from: Oscar The GreatHa Ha HA fools X-box and PC kick Sony and Nitendo's a s s . Any way Nitendoes so old it woulden't be hard at all GO PC

COOL PC GAMES:

Diablo 2
Arcanum(GO ARCANUM)
Age of Empires 2
Warcraft
Battlefeild

You seem to have missed the point.

~the mighta awualis

Oscar The Great

Quote from: Aqualis
Quote from: Oscar The GreatHa Ha HA fools X-box and PC kick Sony and Nitendo's a s s . Any way Nitendoes so old it woulden't be hard at all GO PC

COOL PC GAMES:

Diablo 2
Arcanum(GO ARCANUM)
Age of Empires 2
Warcraft
Battlefeild

You seem to have missed the point.
So this topic is officaly about cheering on your fav gaming console\equipment

And currently all the DS games suck.Ecept for the Urbz AND THAT MARIO ONE(I have been reADING REVIEWS)
I am Oscar and I am in the Mystic clan my Empire s called Bladefang and is 536 in ordinary game
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

RazorClaw

If you haven't been playing them, but going by reviews, I suggest you go bye-bye. And PSP has $150 bucks for games (inferior) good graphics (still inferior) and another $500 or so to play videos and music and to buy videos and music. Plus, who wants to watch videos on something that tiny? I'll buy myself a TV and a DS and save $200, thanks.

Oscar The Great

A DVD player is 70$ and has wayyyyyyyy beter graphics

And a X-Box\Computer is way better in every aspect except size and price
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Sonoras

Hey Oscar you got d2?

Oscar The Great

Quote from: SonorasHey Oscar you got d2?
By D2 I intened you mean Diablo 2 OH yeah all the way go the Necromancer I got a level 24 one I'm stuck on fighting the summoner In the Arcane Sanctuary.

OH YEAH GO DIABLO 2 AND DA NECROMANCERS
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Aqualis

Quote from: RazorClawIf you haven't been playing them, but going by reviews, I suggest you go bye-bye. And PSP has $150 bucks for games (inferior) good graphics (still inferior) and another $500 or so to play videos and music and to buy videos and music. Plus, who wants to watch videos on something that tiny? I'll buy myself a TV and a DS and save $200, thanks.
You're calling Metal Gear and Gran Turismo inferior?

Have you seen the screenshots of the PSP's graphics?

Have you seen how many portable TVs there are with 2 - 3 inch screens? Portable DVD players with 5 inch screens? The PSP has a 4.6 inch screen.

Where do you get $500 bucks to play music and videos on PSP? You can download them off your computer using flash memory.

~the mighta awualis