Administrative Abuse

Started by Holby, December 14, 2004, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Quote from: Peace Alliancealright, all jokes aside, the reason BBU is a joke, is because the underlines are a detail that are so minute that they don't MATTER. Our permission isn't needed on the matter and when i made the BBU, i was intending to create a long term arguement for humerous purposes.
I know it was a joke, and yes it was funny. But before the BBU, there were people who didn't like the topics naked (lol). And when the whole campaign started, her attitude was that it had to be that way, that what we'd come around. Although that annoyed me a little, I was prepared to let it go UNTIL I read her post that I quoted in my inital one, stating that what we thought didn't matter, and it was an administrative decision.

QuoteDid shael overstep her power by taking away the underlines without permission? no
Yes, because regardless of the minute issue, it affects us all, and our input was not asked for. And as far as I know, this was not something in which Retto and Wolf were consulted, but that will have to be confirmed.

QuoteShould she have listened to us when we protested? well, some consideration could have been made, but keep in mind she knew it was all in good humer
If you read her quote, she was starting to think it wasn't, and her reply was as such

Quoteas for the reg forum, we all voted for kilk. He doesn't have ultimate control, but the Reg board is a decision he is allowed to make i guess.
I didn't vote for Kilk, lol. The board is a very big thing, and our input was not sought. His actual duties were not mentioned either, so how can he be allowed to make any?

QuoteThus, if you don't like it, then vote for someone who WILL consider your feelings before changing things. i'm not just being petty hear, this is simply how a democracy works.
Hoping to get elected next?

EDIT

Quotenev i hardly think that the issue here is the underlines
Yup, you contradicted yourself tho :)
I will not deleted this

Kilkenne

I'd simply like to make the point that I post in a forum that you all CANNOT see when I talk about changing everything. I talk to the admins about things on AIM, and I have thought things out.

Does the president need to poll his country every time that a change is made? No. Nothing would get done. It is not a big change, and if you want to fight it, talk with ME PERSONALLY. I am on AIM every time, NAME: Chris1Life0. You can contact me there if you have a problem with everything.

Yes, Shael has made one change for me. Good for her. But the other admins did not say no, and it was even supported. She is not in my pocket, nor will she be in the future.

Talk to me if you have a problem. That's all I ask.

Vengerak

Peace Alliance

oh, btw, pocket shaels are on sale for $5.99 at the RWL gift shop.

and i did not contradict myself. all i did was state something that was completely the opposite of what i was pointing out before. i didn't contradict myself!

Gen. Volkov

*Points* Flipflopper! Flipflopper! And now for something completely different, Kilk. We are not saying anything about you other than you should have consulted us, because it IS a big change when you add a new forum. Especially when techinically you don't need it. Perhaps we should be let know that all the Admins support something when a big change is made. A reg forum is a good idea, but I don't think it will be utilized like the GD forum, or the Turbo forum. Things just move too slow in reg. But anyway, the president of the UNITED STATES doesn't need to poll the country, but he does get approval ratings.  And you are the president of RWL remember that. THis is a small community and thus things can't get done. I never really like the idea of a RWL president that had actual power to influence the Admins the way you have. Its a fun idea but lets not take ourselves to seriously. You still need the opinions and permission of the rest of us. I HATE when things are just done because a few want too. As to the Admins supporting you, I don't think it should be tacit agreement, but definitive agreement.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: KilkenneI'd simply like to make the point that I post in a forum that you all CANNOT see when I talk about changing everything. I talk to the admins about things on AIM, and I have thought things out.

Does the president need to poll his country every time that a change is made? No. Nothing would get done. It is not a big change, and if you want to fight it, talk with ME PERSONALLY. I am on AIM every time, NAME: Chris1Life0. You can contact me there if you have a problem with everything.

Yes, Shael has made one change for me. Good for her. But the other admins did not say no, and it was even supported. She is not in my pocket, nor will she be in the future.

Talk to me if you have a problem. That's all I ask.
I woulda thought seeing as you supposedly represent us, that you would want to know how we felt? Not just making suggestions that you like.

The president doesn't poll his country every time a change is made, no. But this is not a country, and you are not the head of it. We are much smaller, and you were elected by us- that means you work for us. Not for your own gain.

Contacting you would do nothing, as you've obviously already decided what you want. Because an admin agrees with your idea does not give it the go ahead. Because you have Shael in your pocket, it DOES mean you bought out the gift shop. Oh well.

It doesn't matter anyway, as your role has now been defined, heheh.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

Holby. I don't think the problem is really Kilk. He hasn't really done anything wrong. I was an a s s to yell at him like I have been. He simple told the admins of an idea that was in his campaign and they agreed, so iof you wanna lay the blame on anyone for creating the forum, blame them. Don't use this to vent the personal bile that you hold for Kilk. Shael I'm still mad at, but I realize that Kilk has done nothing wrong. A suggestion is a suggestion, and you can take it or leave it. Maybe the Admins should have made a poll about it, but Kilk had it in his campaign, and we knew it was coming. If you didn't want it, then maybe you should have tried harder to have someone else elected. Wolf has posted about this already. It was a joint decision to make the forum.

As for Shael... she still irritates me, he attitude to this whole thing is pissing me off.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Orcrist

I think that the problem everyone is having is that they are simply not being consulted at all. Maybe now that we understand the power of a president, we could hold another election (where more than 20 people vote)? I think most people are just asking to be allowed to give their 2 cents on a situation before it changes and they have no input...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Kilkenne

As per presidential decisions, if anyone wants to know what is going on, I will be putting it in writing within the next two days for all to see what I've been doing.

In the meantime, if anyone has a problem with something that has been done, or may be going down currently, or has a concern for the future, JUST ASK.

Oscar The Great

WHY CAN"T WE JUST HAVE A VOTE AND PUT THEM ON OR TAKE THEM OFF
                                             and end this once and for ALL
I am Oscar and I am in the Mystic clan my Empire s called Bladefang and is 536 in ordinary game
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Gen. Volkov

Its not about the underlines anymore.

RazorClaw

I still think they should be back... And I think since it's such a simple thing, and everybody likes it, why not bring it back?  

Holby

Volkov, while I have been very impressed with your responses, this one about Kilk is the exception. Kilk made these ideas/suggestions without our input or regard as to what we have to say. And because Kilk makes these suggestions Shael will do it. He does not have the power to dictate, although he has the power of $5.99.

Shael, I would like you to read this definition from dictionary.com:

give up

To surrender: The suspects gave themselves up.
To devote (oneself) completely: gave herself up to her work.

To cease to do or perform: gave up their search.
To desist from; stop: gave up smoking.
To part with; relinquish: gave up the apartment; gave up all hope.

To lose hope for: We had given the dog up as lost.
To lose hope of seeing: We'd given you up an hour ago.
To admit defeat.
To abandon what one is doing or planning to do
: gave up on writing the novel.

Therefore, giving up means we at least get our underlines and a discussion on the Reg board. It does not mean you can completely ignore anything we say because you're an admin, that's just childish. You can not give up and do nothing, you have to admit defeat one way or another. I would also like to add it means our opinion will now be considered and valued, but maybe that's too much to ask.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

Holby everyone on the forum has the power of $5.99. we can all have our input listened to and considered. in this case, because of past administational discussions, when shael considered it, she decided to go ahead with it.

Vengerak

Ha, maybe Kilk should just declare martial law in this period of growing unrest and be done with it.