Underlines

Started by cloud, December 12, 2004, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

QuoteSwitch to Invision skin if it annoys you so much
thats basically like saying that if you don't like it leave! The BBU is here to ensure that we can be a part of the RWL community in an environment that supports underlines! There are many reasons why underlines are vital to this community, many of which have already been brought up and the administration seems to fail to address them.

Well i personally won't stop "complaining" about the deteriation of this great community! I'm here to Stop the sag!

Oscar The Great

I <3 underlines!!!!!!

(I don't really love them but their all stylie and pro)
I am Oscar and I am in the Mystic clan my Empire s called Bladefang and is 536 in ordinary game
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Juska

Why can't we just have them back Shael, whats the big deal?

____________________ Underlinings pwn all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Menatus

I have the same feelings towards underlines as I do moustaches. I hate them, but sometimes they're necissary, and in this case they kinda are.

Gen. Volkov

W00T! Another member joins BBU! *Gives Menatus a hat with shiny things and a bumper sticker* I will not stop addressing this problem Shael! You must listen to your constituents! It was not an administrative decision! It was made by YOU and only YOU. Give us our underlines back! We LIKE the new skin and don't WANT to switch back to Invision skin! Just because your an admin doesn't mean you get to make arbitrary decisions that most of the members of this forum don't like. You think Retto would have kept the same skin if we hadn't liked the new one. I DON"T THINK SO! We are here to demand that our beloved underlines be returned to us. Next thing you know you'll just take out the ability to link all together! Stop the madness now! *Debates whether to demand Shael be impeached*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

I will be asking the admins for a BBU forum so we can begin discussing BBU action planns. non-violent protest, petitions, etc..

The Lady Shael

Underline-less links is not unpopular in web design. You don't /need/ underlines to tell what is a link and what is not a link, I'm trusting all of you have a high enough IQ to tell the difference.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Vengerak

Quote from: Peace AllianceI will be asking the admins for a BBU forum so we can begin discussing BBU action planns. non-violent protest, petitions, etc..

Bah. Non-violence never solved anything.

Aqualis

Quote from: The Lady ShaelUnderline-less links is not unpopular in web design. You don't /need/ underlines to tell what is a link and what is not a link, I'm trusting all of you have a high enough IQ to tell the difference.
That doesn't mean that links always look better without them. In this case, I think the site looks better with them. That's purely from a design standpoint. As a member, I don't care.

[EDIT: I should be a little more specific, I like the underlines in all the navigation; but they should be removed from posts.]
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Menatus

Ah, nah, I won't be joining this one. :D

Orcrist

It would be so much simpler if some admin restored underlines in links and stopped this foolish debate.... Please- some admin be the more mature person and restore the underlines...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

the BBU doesn't support maturity orcist!  :angry:  

Aqualis

After much consideration (and eye-watering pain), I've decided that the names at the bottom of the main page need underlines. The admin names are impossible to read due to moire (the are blurry and appear to move around). The underline removes this problem.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

RazorClaw

This is still going on? I figured I'd get on today and there'd be the ULs, but NO! More immature argument!  

Gen. Volkov

Yes unfortunately Shael is being rather intractable.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES