Official Opposition

Started by Peace Alliance, December 11, 2004, 06:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

As the Official political opposition, i'd just like to start off by asking... where's kilk? i've seen like 2 posts from him since the election, and meanwhile i've made several topics about game balencing, and those topics have actually gained recognition by retto thanks to me.

also, i'd like to potition against the political GD forum. Since its way down there at the bottom, it literally gets almost as little attention as the RWLcon forum.

Also, how long before re-election? does it only last a month? because i think a term should be longer then that... i wouldn't want to have to run for re-election every single month!

I have some new game ideas... but i feel like holding them off untill the next election... however they're really good ideas, if i raise them now, do you people think i will get credit for them come the next election? i hope so.

- Peace Alliance, OSOBO

bjornredtail

Kilk mentioned the fact that apperently his swim season has started... In perticular 3 meets in one week. 3 meets + school + the two weeks or so before break= ouch real quickly.

I have to agree with you on the amount of attention the political GD gets. Perhaps it could be placed above the clan forums? Forum placement isn't the only problem, as many people have just lost intrest, espically concidering the voter turnout.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

wolf bite

Since the parties was only used to pick candidates, and the election has been held, I understand why it gets little attention now in those forums.

When the next election will be held, we will have a different way of creating the new parties so that the number per part may be more fair and different people will be now in the same party.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

I was under the impression elections would be every year....but I guess that's too long. It certainly won't be a month, much too short.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

I heard a month somewhere. I would 2-3 months would be an adequate term of office here.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Originally we were thinking of a once a year election and then give the representatives 4 to 5 weeks to make a difference. I still think the time limit of about 5 weeks is right. But I am open to doing this either every 3, 4 or 6 months. The final decision will be made in the Admin Board Room.  Your ideas and thoughts are welcome.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

The Board Room, is that like The Apprentice? So one day you might say, Kilk. Your fired. *Snickers* That was horrible I probably deserve a beating for it, but right now I don't really care. *Does the HAHA you can't touch me cause I live in another state dance* Actually though. I think 4 months might be a little too long. The thing might just peter out in four months time, and then we'd never have another election.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

4 months sounds good.

and yes, kilk is swimming... but either i have no life, or RWL is higher on my priority list because even when i had musicalal rehersals, senior band rehersals, jazz band rehersals, job searching, violin lessons and daily practicing and we can't forgot school, i managed to make it on RWL more often then he is now :-p

Wolf, by "a different way of creating the new parties" are you saying that i will have to re-form OSOBO? or will OSOBO still be considered a party?

also, you do reaolise when people have free reign to start parties... everyones going to want one because everyones going want to be president... there should be some sort of... system designed to make it so that candidates are actually serious about winning. its like at our school, you have to have good marks to run.

Nohcnonk

I like three months... and you can't be elected twice in a row.

bjornredtail

I like 4-6 months, seeing how long it takes to get organized.

Even if freedom to make your own parties is granted, there will be only one boom of parties before people realise that the lesser parties have no chance of winning, thereby compermiseing to join larger parties.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Peace Alliance

yes, nevadacow, but people are stubborn.

plus, the elections were mostly based on the candidates, not their parties. there are PLENTY of really great candidates... that could result in plenty of equally powerfull parties... which isn't a problem, untill you consider organisation... and the fact that 50% of the candidates will have the same opinions on issues discussed. :P

The Lady Shael

No, people will /not/ be allowed to start their own parties. This time around, it was decided on if your member number was odd or even. The problem was that, by a really weird coincidence, more people had even numbers. We're not doing even and odd again, but our next method will probably involve the member numbers again.

I'd like to have an independant party in there next time, though....we'll be thinking on what to do with that. Maybe once we get used to having elections, we can have permenant parties.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Peace Alliance

people shouldn't be forced into parties thought  ;)  

The Lady Shael

True, tis why I hope eventually we'll have permenant parties, based on issues. People can register to be a part of whatever party they agree with.  

Peace Alliance

setting up a system like that might not be too difficult, with the support of an active president...