Ph33r Peace Alliance!

Started by Gen. Volkov, December 11, 2004, 06:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Peace alliance tells david to delete his account fo rth bounty to be lifted.. and he DOES! This is so going in my siggy.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

David

lol, meh i messed up anyway

Peace Alliance

I feel re-assured knowing that i'm still as feared as i have been in the past!

whats that peace alliance? your going to do slayer again? OH PLEASE DON'T! *run and hide!!!*

wolf bite

Hey, I think that is about the best David has done, was in the top 5 and staying there.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

David

Quote from: wolf biteHey, I think that is about the best David has done, was in the top 5 and staying there.

Wolf Bite
It is the best. I was in first before peace attacked me.. *Glare at peace* lol

Gen. Volkov

Well I keep saying this... you shouldn't have annoyed him. And yes.. I do belieave that is the best you have ever done.

NO! Not slayer! *Hides under desk*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

cloud

As of 11:00pm Eastern this is  Peace:

Turns (?)   140 (max 450)
Turns Stored (?)   0 (max 150)
Rank (?)   #1
Workers (?)   10,570,464
Acres (?)   3,781,152
Cash (?)   $172
Food (?)   4,828,432,243
Loyalty (?)   30,263,466
Networth (?)   $4,748,234,093

Location (?)   Southsward
Race (?)   Marten
Health (?)   100%
Tax Rate (?)   10%
Rats (?)   584,619,347
Weasels (?)   93,285,416
Stoats (?)   238,093,082
Skiffs (?)   88,430,114
Leaders (?)   237,617,433

very impressive, except for the fact that its hard to run that many troops with 0 cash...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

So he sells them before he runs turns, makes b*ttloads of cash, then buys/runs them back up to even higher levels. Its not to hard with the amount of land he has. It sickens me how large he is though. But then that's what happens when a big land source opens up for him. He takes full advantage.

cloud

yea, but what he loses in the buy/sell exchange is a lot, plus u cant ever get rid of all ur troops when running...so theres still going to be a big upkeep.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Juska

Cloud your wrong on both counts.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

*blinks*
no hes not
if you use mercs for fast cash you get roughly 1/2 of what you payed back
if you use the market you cant get much back

mercs max out, and you can only sell so much on the market...

the advantage to having an army is that you keep your land and money safe, as somone could potentially sack/poisen/steal from you..  

but what you have left over is rather draining..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

cloud

thx for the support windy  :P  
-Kilk

Nohcnonk

There would only be gain if he was not broken... troops sell for much less than half of the cost if you have no camps... Sorry Juska. XD

It doesn't work out, especially since it takes so much money to build land on.  There's no way Peace could keep inmproving very much if he bought that many troops all the time.

Peace Alliance

Unless he manages to send all his troops to a friend, puts the rest ont he market and whats left is sold off. then he takes a small amount of land (small being around 1 mil acres in this case), builds leaders on it, gold-mines and feasts, deletes as many huts as possible to put into guard towers, gets his friend to send back the troops he was holding for him, then buys out mercinaries from the money he made on the new amount of land and tops it all of by removing his troops from the market 6 hours later.

unfortunately, i took too much land, ended up running out of food while gold-mining which killed off so many leaders cloud could espionage me, didn't have the funds to build on all my land, so i didn't get my leaders nearly high enough, didn't get as many towers up as i would have liked and didn't have enough money to buy enough stuff off the market, thus i didn't get any stronger, plus having taken too much land i became a target for people like Nohc to come in and take my land.

of course, nohc had to spend quite a bit of money to get the rats to break me (which was stupid if he knew my stats he should have gone stoats) and considering he is obviously trying to save up money, he would have made more money by buying FEWER rats, attacking the other good available land sources around me and then gold-mining on that land... but that didn't dawn on him so he attacked me...

any questions class?

cloud

-Kilk