Contacts, glasses?

Started by The Lady Shael, December 05, 2004, 01:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Yep. Pick one.

I've got contacts. My sight's not that bad, but I couldn't read without them.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Nohcnonk

I wear contacts to school and when playing sports but I wear glasses for short trips to places and at home.

Aqualis

Glasses now, contacts soon.

I wear them all the time but don't really need them. They inhibit my focus at long distances. I can't read with out, but it's just easier with them.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

windhound

glasses.
contacts are inconvienient.  I need somthin that I can throw on as I rush out..  contacts require mainience and screwing around with solutions..  plus you poke them onto your eye..  gross..   :lol:  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Juska

Glasses.

I just got em a couple months ago, I can live without em, but they make life and school alot easier. I agree with Windy, contacts are too much work.

I'm Near sighted.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Lady Shael

Not after a while. I've wanted contacts ever since 6th grade, (when I got my glasses) but my mom never let me get them till 9th because she thought I was too irresponsible. When I first tried on my contacts, it took me an hour to get the right one in, and I didn't even put it in, the clerk lady did because I was taking so long, and it was a similar situation for the left eye. Then it would take me about 30 minutes to take them out again.

Now, it takes me under a minute to walk in the bathroom, put on my contacts and dump the solution and stuff, and walk out again. And even less to take them out. Hardly any work at all, and I'm such a lazy person. I hated glasses because they gave me headaches, and you can't wear them while it's raining, and they get dirty so easily. My sister has glasses, and sometimes I wonder why she wears them because they're so dirty she'll see better without them.

Solutions, I hardly use any extra solutions, besides the one to keep the contacts in. The gross-ness sounds like your only problem...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

TR Shadow

I've had glasses since the first grade, but when I went into sixth grade, I got contacts.  And, like Shael, I only wear contacts now.

Yay.

windhound

I like being out the door within 5 min if I have to be, glasses are 1 sec to find (occasionally up to a min), contacts 1-2 min, too long you see ;)  
plus, I just like my glasses..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Yellow Eyes

Glasses for me too. I'm thinking about contacts, but some of my friends have em and all of a sudden they'll start messing around with their eyes, say "I lost my contact" or "It went up into my eye" and stuff like that, so it's kept me away.

DemonSlavers

neither one i have 20-15 vision
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Gen. Volkov

Grrr. I hate you demonslavers. You and your perfect vision. LOL. I have glasses. Had contacts, pain in the rear, switched back to glasses.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

Contacts. *repeatedly pokes self in the eye* See?

Arguia Zsah

Glasses... but contacts soon, if my parents let me!

I couldn't survive without my glasses, short-sighted *nodnod*

Sonoras

Near-Sighted, can't see far away things, helps in school alot, espeacially in P.E., I can now see the volleyball before it hits me. Unfortunatly, my glasses snapped in half a week ago so I had to go a week without 'em for a week, because my old ones were having surgery at Chuk E' Cheeses
(I don't know why I said that, but I'm just bored, in fact, I hate Chuk E' Cheese, It's scary.)

wolf bite

I had never thought I needed glasses, then one day I put my brothers on to see how blind he was. I was amazed that I could see the leafs on the trees on the next hill over. So I went out and got my own. I still only wear them when I am driving because things don?t get blurry unless they are over 40 feet away. But for the last year it seems each month I have been holding books further away to read.  My arms simply are not long enough now. *Wears reading glasses.*

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles