L.L. Scouting (#12)

Started by wolf bite, December 05, 2004, 12:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

As most of you know, L.L. Scouting (#12) is the catch all for land that is dropped. He builds no defenses, builds no armies, no towers, and has few leaders. He is the easiest target in the game, thus almost always maxed out. But non-the-less, a good place to take a shot at as you start taking turns. I would like to address a few things about ?him.?

His notice says:

QuoteI am not a real player. I run automatically. I scout all my turns.

If you drop land, it will all go to me. If you send me aid, I will sell it all. You may attack me for my land or funds as much as you want. I will never attack anyone. Enjoy!

~ Admins ~

Some people send him aid. I know this is strange, but they do so to either raise his net so they can attack him, or to dump their unwanted armies. We will sell those armies whenever we see them because we want to make him an easy target. It takes a while to get all those armies sold, but we will keep dropping them as the code allows.

Because this round of turbo has a lot of land, his scouting his turns does not make him much of a target. So I will take some of his profit and ?buy land? so that he is more of a factor. However, I will make sure that he still has enough money left over so that it is profitable to steal from him. I will only use his turns in such a way when I have not checked who is on line because I don?t want to make the decision as to make him more profitable based on who is on line.

So if you are a low ranked warlord, it may be worth the penalty to aim at such a large target for the benefit you will receive.

L.L. Scouting (#12)
Acres  246,655
Cash  $7,082,181,790
Food  128,838,378
Networth  $140,061,754
Rats  354,353
Weasels  99,325
Stoats  189,477
Skiffs  108,857
Leaders  43,304
Towers 0

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

Aw, I wanted to have a round in which I sent enough aid to the land farm for it to win. XD

Riverpaw

I lost 2k land to the land farm.

:rolleyes:  
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Gen. Volkov

LOL. How do you LOSE to a land farm Riverpaw???
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Guthorm Swordmaster

i'm way to low to hit him though.

cloud

lmao, funniest thing ive heard all day.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

bjornredtail

Those too low to hit the land farm, worry not. For the Yazoo Land Company is here. We offer cheap, no, free, land to all those who wish to attack. Yazoo Land Co: Where bribeing the Georga Legistature is just the begnning!

Only problem is it is still in protection... But you all can wait a day for free, defenceless lands.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

RazorClaw

Needs a max attacks of 50. Then he'd be better.  

Peace Alliance

in a normal game, without the land buying option. the land farm has a perfect max attacks because you'll notice he often gets down to 1K which is very low, that means that the land must be going somewhere, so regardless of if you yourself were the one to get the land, people ARE getting it. the land farm can't be instant land... that would be giving random unfair advantages to random peole who are lucky enough to be online when he gets dumped on.

the farm is merely a device to keep the land in the game. so that we don't have problems with people dumping all their land and starving the game.  

Wolf Snare

Yes, we've had that problem before..

Also, adding onto PA's point..

The land farm never has all 21 attacks available.. adding more to the limit would only give one person the edge to attacking him, until he would be maxed at 50. From there he would be in the same situation as now; he would be constantly maxed, and the enlarged attack max will hardly matter.

So the question is: what do we do about this? I honestly think it isn't very important. I started playing two days ago and I was never dependant upon it. I believe we should leave it as it is, basically because the lower ranked people don't need it any easier for them. Half the game has no defences anyways.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

How about making it so that everyone can attack him 2 times in 24 hours?

Wolf Bite

PS. With people dropping big land, and him getting it, he is no longer buying land, now set to loot turns.
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Riverpaw

Quote from: nevadacowThose too low to hit the land farm, worry not. For the Yazoo Land Company is here. We offer cheap, no, free, land to all those who wish to attack. Yazoo Land Co: Where bribeing the Georga Legistature is just the begnning!

Only problem is it is still in protection... But you all can wait a day for free, defenceless lands.
Automated Property Distribution System

... and those millions of rats.

Fun days.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Wolf Snare

Quote from: wolf biteHow about making it so that everyone can attack him 2 times in 24 hours?

Wolf Bite

PS. With people dropping big land, and him getting it, he is no longer buying land, now set to loot turns.
That could work.. Though you could just make it so that he can be hit twice an hour instead of the current one. Either works really, and it doesn't affect most playing..

QuoteQUOTE (nevadacow @ Dec 6 2004, 11:38 PM)
Those too low to hit the land farm, worry not. For the Yazoo Land Company is here. We offer cheap, no, free, land to all those who wish to attack. Yazoo Land Co: Where bribeing the Georga Legistature is just the begnning!

Automated Property Distribution System

... and those millions of rats.

haha yes, millions upon millions.

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Nohcnonk

I say it's best to do nothing or make it unmax quicker...

windhound

...rofl...
the landfarm was 2nd this morning.  2nd.  
till I took a few k acers..  ~500k..  fweee...  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't