Game Balences

Started by Peace Alliance, December 03, 2004, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

I don't see the big deal with Gold Mine. I've always found simple looting gets you more bang for your buck.

Veranor

Quote from: OrcristI think pressgang has been way too crippled. I was playing as a stoat, I got up to almost 500k workers, did pressgang (Iwas 90% huts with about 145 leaders a hut) and I got "0 stoats have been added to your army"... I did a revolution and switched races because pressgang is now completely useless. I like the idea of pressgang being based on # of huts and the size bonus to keep it in check.
That's because it's buggy right now, but if it were correct the formula would still give you quite a few troops.

QuoteI don't see the big deal with Gold Mine. I've always found simple looting gets you more bang for your buck.

Are you saying simple leader-looting or the "spend your turns with 25% more money produced"?

If it is the first, well Gold-Mine is twice as powerful.
If it is the second, you obviously have never used high level gold mine... can you get billions in two turns of non-leader looting?
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Peace Alliance

heh, that was a display error orcist. you still got your stoats, but it just told you that you made 0...  :-p

retto says he fixed that.

cloud

well he didnt because I skiff pressed(fox) in normal, and it said i had 0 and I gained 0, and I'm positive because I still have 0 skiffs...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

Well you can get billions from both but leader loot takes alot more turns than goldmine, though goldmine is alot more expensive loyaltywise.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Veranor

Quote from: cloudwell he didnt because I skiff pressed(fox) in normal, and it said i had 0 and I gained 0, and I'm positive because I still have 0 skiffs...
Same here, I pressganged rats on turbo and according to his formula I should have gained some. I gained none.

And Volkov, it's not even 1.5 times as expensive.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Orcrist

Yea- I'm sure I didn't get any stoats when I did the pressgang- I checked. But whatever, I switched races so I'm fine. If it works now, congrats to whoever had enough patience to wait for it.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Juska

Agree's with Orcrist.

QuoteYee. I like Regular's balancedness the way it is now.

Rats- 3 (18.6)
Weasel - 2 (29)
Wildcat - 6 (26.8)
Fox -4 (23.75)
Ferret - 2 (40)
Stoat - 4 (20.25)
Filtcheye - 0
Lizard - 1 (45)
Wolf - 6 (23.5)
Ermine - 2 (39)
Marten - 14 (17.5)

Painted One - 1 (42)

That the current active players of each race and the average rank. Ferret, Rat, Weasel, Filtcheye, Lizard, Ermine, Painted One - 7 race with less than 3 peopel playing them, and then we have Marten with 14 players and a average rank of 17.5(the best of all races).

Yep, the game is perfectly balanced and Marten's have no edge.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

cloud

lol, well maybe if we'd get the pressgangs fixed so they actually did something...or gave wolf a decent leader special...it'd balance a little more.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Holby

I like Inspire Fear ^_^ Just hate the -15% defense.
I will not deleted this

Juska

Cloud how bout we fixed the races with less than 3 ppl and nerf the marten.
Current Empires:

Orcrist

I say we give painted ones a large training bonus, like +20%, as well as a -10% cost for mercs. This would then turn into the race that indyers use, making it much more useful. Then, make their leadership and loyalty -5% each. Also, make their huts only being able to hold 160 leaders per hut instead of 175 I know that doing this would seem unbalanced but I think it would be fair.
~Orcrist~

Menatus

The pressgang for wildcat is completely useless...on commanders, when I had nothing but huts, and 100,00 or so of them, it didn't even help to 'academy' some up.

Juska

Then the few indies would be be torn between Rat and Painted One, we need to find  a way to get more people interested in indying, but the fact is it's 1 heck of alot easier to play Mage, I'm indying and I'm in second, but look at Holbs(at least I bet it's Holbs) He's got 75mil net and the only way I could catch him is if I had 75k land or if I got one huge aid package.
Current Empires:

Orcrist

Then make the training bonus +30% for the painted one so that it would be easier to indy with them.
~Orcrist~