Game Balences

Started by Peace Alliance, December 03, 2004, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

Quote from: fingoI don't see why it was changed so much. Couldn't the Marten just get less money from gold mine and the same idea with other things that people didn't think were fair?
Because we don't want to weaken the races to the point where they're the same thing with little minor differences that don't matter. I think we should make them with big differences, but so that they balance each other.

It's like paper, rock, scissors.
Rock smashes scissors.
Scissors cut paper.
Paper covers rock.

They're very different but they balance out. The same thing needs to be done with RWL.

What we're doing now is making everything a rock and whoever gets out fastest wins. That makes for a very boring game.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Peace Alliance

yes, see we don't want to weaken gold-mine, because that wouldn't be much fun.. people LIKE to have very powerfull specials.

that being said, juska, wildcats pressgang is fine the way retto has it now, i think its balenced quite well.

why would wolf need acadamy? just to make it even BETTER at massing food? i don't think wolf needs acadamy...

sh0e

Quote from: Peace Allianceyes, see we don't want to weaken gold-mine, because that wouldn't be much fun.. people LIKE to have very powerfull specials.

that being said, juska, wildcats pressgang is fine the way retto has it now, i think its balenced quite well.

why would wolf need acadamy? just to make it even BETTER at massing food? i don't think wolf needs acadamy...
because thats what wolfs are good at.. so you amplify it with a spell special

balanced my arse. you are telling me that wildcat pressgang is anywhere near comparison with goldmine? or even just not using the spell at all?

Peace Alliance

yes, it is close to gold-mine. very much so.

and i don't think wolf needs to be amplified :-p

sh0e

Quote from: Peace Allianceyes, it is close to gold-mine. very much so.

and i don't think wolf needs to be amplified :-p
*nvm i forgot to account for something

Juska

Why give it academy? Look at Wolf, it has bonuses already to loyalty and leadership, it is the leader race! So you give the leader race the leader spell, you don't go giving the leader race some (junk) thing which it doesn't need like Inspire fear, they shouldn't have to worry about defences because no one should be able to do leader spells against them. Put a large upkeep on food like QMT has boom no food storing problems.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

sh0e

Quote from: JuskaWhy give it academy? Look at Wolf, it has bonuses already to loyalty and leadership, it is the leader race! So you give the leader race the leader spell, you don't go giving the leader race some (junk) thing which it doesn't need like Inspire fear, they shouldn't have to worry about defences because no one should be able to do leader spells against them. Put a large upkeep on food like QMT has boom no food storing problems.
well.. given the current attitudes
it seems ppl like food hoarding for nw.. much the way they like goldmine

anyhow im just going to second juskas notion
and the idea of "true" race specialization

RazorClaw

Goldmine is now pwning pretty much like pressgang was, except not quite so dominant...  

fingo

QuoteBecause we don't want to weaken the races to the point where they're the same thing with little minor differences that don't matter. I think we should make them with big differences, but so that they balance each other.

Good point and idea
I've been away for a bit but I remember some races were better then others like Marten so a lot of people were them. I didn't think it was unfair because people had the choice of being a race with good spell or one with a not so good spell.

P.S. Is there a place in the game guide that shows each races spell special? It use to be on the race info page but it's not any more.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Juska

I know the old speical spells, but I don't know what the new ones are after the pressgang change.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

fingo

Yeah I know most of the old ones but I don't know hardly any of the new one.
How many leaders are there per hut now?
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

cloud

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Riverpaw

I just want to use weasel for corsair again.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Ashyra Nightwing

Yee. I like Regular's balancedness the way it is now.

Orcrist

I think pressgang has been way too crippled. I was playing as a stoat, I got up to almost 500k workers, did pressgang (Iwas 90% huts with about 145 leaders a hut) and I got "0 stoats have been added to your army"... I did a revolution and switched races because pressgang is now completely useless. I like the idea of pressgang being based on # of huts and the size bonus to keep it in check.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant