Some delete my post?

Started by Juska, November 30, 2004, 08:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

I made a put about QMT and that their sign-ups are open and I know Nohc posted in it and I'd like to know why it was delete of it I just lost it. I was called "QMT"

It said: Sign-ups are open.

If you join you cna join my clan Revolution, or I'd be cool is all the rwlers made their own clan.

Come play against Promisance's best

QM Promisance

If it was deleted I'd like to know why, people advertise sites all the time here. I remmber one about WC Promisacne and an VI one we even had part of a topic going about this eariler. If I somehow lost the topic could someone direct me too it?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

theres no advertising, if there was any before its 'cause the advertisements slipped through the cracks... or because there were fewer rule encorcers then...

they won't let beatles post about FaF, nor me posta bout my game when i make it... so its only fair not to pet there be QMT ads right?

Juska

I'll just keeping making new topic until so that one hopefully slips through the cracks, or until wolf gags me j/k. Hope to see you play Wolf.

Funny, lol we let hackers in untouched, let Josh play all the time, can't find ways to stop people using proxies to get around bans, but we can delete post about other proms.......
Current Empires:

wolf bite

I know you are watching me watching this post. It was not I that deleted the other one. Did not even see it. And maybe this one should be too. But then this may be more about why and not a repost of the same topic. Too much for me to think about right now, I will let the other Admins deal with this as they wish.

I think the ban on advertising came from other sites that wanted to take our people by stating how bad it is here and that they should leave to go to their place. It was not very nice.

Wolf Bite

Edit: Checked the logs and found that Retto only moved the topic to the spa room, did not delete.
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juska

Hmm, ok thanks Wolf Bite.
Current Empires:

Yellow Eyes

I don't see why this is a problem with advertising. I see Wolfs point, but most people that advertise sites are known around here. Redwall needs some healthy competition. Redwalls an original, and people will always come back to it. Take me for example.  :lol:  A little competition won't hurt it, it might help it, because it's almost guarenteed someone will mention this game, and those that have not known about it, and enjoy Promisance and other text based games like these, will check it out as well.

RazorClaw

windhound

I think one of the issues with advertising is that at one time it was semi allowed and people were making many topics like 'join my clan on FaF' and such..  which dont really belong on the RWL forums...
I think advertising is allowed in the help/bugs forum..  I think I saw and ad for Rag. a while back..  maybe it was in Development...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Holby

As far as I know, Retto just never liked advertising :)
I will not deleted this

Ashaman

Well, RWL was advertised in QMT forum, which brought many players here.  Some tried it out, didn't like it and left.  Some's still around.  If people here knows about other prom, maybe they can go there and be better players when they play here.  Competitions will make you improve.  Give it a try and people like PA will learn a lot that storm/poison is actually a spell that people can cast  :lol:  

Ashyra Nightwing

...The ban on advertising came from back when people were advertising a Promisance game called TSOR. I don't think TSOR is still around...

windhound

FaF =~= TSOR
I believe Beatles was one of that major coders, but separated..  TSOR is it's own community, but had a game attached to it, very similar to RWL, called Warbands... FaF is just Frost and Flame: Warbands..  

but yeah, I'm glad retto doesnt like ads..  I'd have ta have flashing banners everywhere ^_^
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

The thing is that Retto allows people to advertise his own stuff, IE. Terrouge, & GLI. Not the other way around. The advertiseing ban origianated after Karlin took Retto out of the Warbands credits, as the Warbands of the day used RWL code in it (the current one does not). Currently that version of Warbands is dead. This advertiseing ban is harming RWL, not just other poeple on the ROC. You see, only a relative few are willing to actively promote a site that will not link to them. Also, it deprives RWLers of links to other, non-compeating sites.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Juska

I think QMT should be allowed to be advertised on RWL seeing without Quietus(Q) and Morvandium(M) there really wouldn't be a code to base RWL on.
Current Empires:

RazorClaw

what about whoever T is? Is he "Mr. T"? A big black man w/ a mohawk?