QMT

Started by Juska, November 30, 2004, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

QMT sign-ups are open, turns start flowing in 3 hours, Nov. 30th 7:00pm est.

If any of you want to join my clan it will be called Revolution. Or it'd be cool is all you rwlers made your own clan.

Come test your skills against Promisance's best!!

QM Promisance
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Nohcnonk

I guess I'll play. ^_^

wolf bite

Urg!

So I signed up for the QMT game to test it to see what all the talk is about. I don?t really mean to talk against it, because I know a lot of people really like it, but I will tell what 4 days of experience has been like. This is the first time I have been on a different server for about a year.

I sign up, see that there is some strange ?ranking? thing going on were people are not listed by net worth. I check all the help files and don?t see anything about it. So when still in protection I write the Admins and ask. They do not respond.

So I come out of protection not knowing what is really going on and not having the math the game works on. I start taking land and someone pops on and attacks me on line. I send him a nice letter saying that I am new and he may have the land if he will just tell me what the ?ranking? is and how the math works. No written response but about 20 attacks later that night. I write him the next day asking if he would please tell me why he did not respond. He writes back that the attacks on me were his response.

I start sending mail off to people asking them how the ?ranking? works. One responds nicely. Seems you win by having the most ranking points not net worth. The way to get ranking points is to attack people with 2 times your net and you get a few points, but the best way to get 100 points is to kill. So, it would seem that if you had a bunch of friends that dropped their land to 1 acre, then you took the kill, then they started new accounts only to let you kill them again, you would win the game no matter how badly you play. I just don?t see the fair challenge.

I was debating on just leaving the game, but I decide to try it again. So I waited for full turns, then checked to see that no one is on line. I started taking turns. POP! 3 people jump on and start immediately attacking me on line. I write them all and ask about honor and tell them I am new to the server. One was nice, one told me I was lucky he had not attacked more, the last got around the word filters in his response.

*Poisons the guy that was the rudest, deletes account*

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

sh0e

meh.. i rather like the sound of that
i want ppl to trash talk me and talk dirty :\

anyhow id say its to be expected..
in a game revolved around killing and attacking harshly
trash talk comes with the territory
i mean how much fun is it really to stomp ppl in the ground if you cant piss them off and laugh?

btw im curious to hear how classic is going

Nohcnonk

Classic is much better...

Veranor

Quote from: wolf biteUrg!

So I signed up for the QMT game to test it to see what all the talk is about. I don?t really mean to talk against it, because I know a lot of people really like it, but I will tell what 4 days of experience has been like. This is the first time I have been on a different server for about a year.

I sign up, see that there is some strange ?ranking? thing going on were people are not listed by net worth. I check all the help files and don?t see anything about it. So when still in protection I write the Admins and ask. They do not respond.

So I come out of protection not knowing what is really going on and not having the math the game works on. I start taking land and someone pops on and attacks me on line. I send him a nice letter saying that I am new and he may have the land if he will just tell me what the ?ranking? is and how the math works. No written response but about 20 attacks later that night. I write him the next day asking if he would please tell me why he did not respond. He writes back that the attacks on me were his response.

I start sending mail off to people asking them how the ?ranking? works. One responds nicely. Seems you win by having the most ranking points not net worth. The way to get ranking points is to attack people with 2 times your net and you get a few points, but the best way to get 100 points is to kill. So, it would seem that if you had a bunch of friends that dropped their land to 1 acre, then you took the kill, then they started new accounts only to let you kill them again, you would win the game no matter how badly you play. I just don?t see the fair challenge.

I was debating on just leaving the game, but I decide to try it again. So I waited for full turns, then checked to see that no one is on line. I started taking turns. POP! 3 people jump on and start immediately attacking me on line. I write them all and ask about honor and tell them I am new to the server. One was nice, one told me I was lucky he had not attacked more, the last got around the word filters in his response.

*Poisons the guy that was the rudest, deletes account*

Wolf Bite
You played turbo didn't you?

They're not the same.

Also you know, the admins might say.. disable people who did your "method"... so it's not that simple.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

windhound

but how can you disable thoes who use a legit strat?
there's nothin wrong, as long as you're not killing your own accounts...

I wont play QMT till they allow people to have firewalls.  it's stupid, somthin in the site formatting.  RWL, Rag, FaF, all violate the firewall's rules, but I'm able to make it so the firewall recgnizes them as harmless.  not QMT
Apparently QMT is deadly, so I'm not allowed
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Classic is alot different Wolf. There basically no online attacks and people are quite reasonable.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

sh0e

no online attacks? are you joking?
maybe im just unlucky.. right in the middle of a big land grab some random guy decides to
randomly mass murder me (with almost everything hes got seemingly) and then attack me
this guy also being not on the score board.. and being a solo player.. bah
it also seemed very much as if the guy had been waiting for me to get online..

disable? i dont even think they need to do that
you cant drop it all.. and if you try to drop down low
someone else will quickly snatch it up
*them bizachnez are fast sobs

Gen. Volkov

Hrm. You sure you were playing classic QMT?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

sh0e

ya
not fair man :\ i get the murders and the attacks without the trash/dirty talk :\ :\ :\

Juska

What's your classic empire? People don't generally online hit in classic....... Turbo is a different story....
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

sh0e

maybe my secksiness is making me a walking target
but it seems ppl have a liking for attacking me in the middle of land grabs
and before i get a chance to actually make use of it

Gen. Volkov

Well that suxor.