Firefox Extentions...

Started by windhound, November 21, 2004, 12:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

I know quite a few people here use firefox, and if you are still using IE go to www.mozilla.org and download it ^_^  tis free and >> Internet Explorer

anyways, I was wondering if anyone has found any useful extensions fer it

One I found useful was FoxyTunes

It allows you to control various music players from your brower window..  pretty neat...  you'll still need your player open ofcourse, it's like a remote..

but that's the only real useful one I've found...  *shrugs*

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

I find the User Agent switcher and the Weather one to be quite useful.

I also have a few search plugins, sun as one for the wikipedia.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Veranor

I use the refspoof one and I'm thinking of putting on the weather one. Foxy Tunes looks neat I guess.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

windhound

I use the Weather Bug for my weather stuff..  it sits down in that row of icons next to your clock..  infact, I think it's in that piccy above..  works well methinks..  very ad-ridden, but if you download it when you download AIM you can avoid the ads...  
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Scarwake

Umm.....*pokes Windy*

I DOWNLOADED FIREFOX TODAY!!!! WOOTNESS!!!

I must agreee it is a lot better than IE....
It actually blocks pop-ups like its supposed to unlike IE.....

*huggles Firefox*  Umm...the only extension I got was the FoxyTunes one...soo....no
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Shogun

Wait, Windy, you are using Weather Bug? If you are, and it's the same one that I had, it's most likely ridden with spyware. I would take if off if I were you. And as for extensions, I've been using FF for a few months now, and the only one that I use is the Gmail Notifier. I had some others, but they haven't been updated to 1.0 yet, so I can't use them.
My siggy died :(

cloud

Yea, windy got me to start using it a couple days ago too, lol.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

windhound

I trust Spybot and Adaware to catch whatever infultrates my computer, and whatever Weatherbug brought with it is gone now if there was anything..  
everything has spyware..  even microsoft uses it..  Spybot has caught a couple programs from microsoft lurking on my computer...

*pets firefox*
*cheers*

Gen. Volkov

Heh. My compy is quite well protected. Much spy and adware gets thrown out regularly by Mcafee and AdAware. As to FF, I use the browser that came with the internet service we use, not sure what it runs off of, but it blocks stuff really well. I never use IE.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

I can't download or install ANYTHING. Not even Firefox. :(

Gen. Volkov

Aww. Poor Ashy. I feel your pain. My dad's comp is just like that. Not much mem left so no more downloads on it. Can't get new one though, he has all his work files on it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

windhound

...so?
Norton's Ghost does an awesome job of backing up files
plop the cdrom in the drive before startup and it creates it's own little enviorment for you to work from, no OS needed..  so you backup your old drive, then plop in the new one, or get a new computer, start it up with CD in and in a few hours everything looks like it once did ^_^
or get an external HDD drive..  I love my Iomega 80gig..  

*hums*

Gen. Volkov

Um yeah... did I mention that this was my DAD's compy? I do believe I said that. So whjile those are wonderful suggestions, its his choice. Plus, for all the money he makes, he's real conservative with his money if you know what I mean.

windhound

yipyip
but, you said
"Can't get new one though, he has all his work files on it."
which implies that one of the main reasons to not upgrade would be because of data loss
*shrugs*

I'm generally conservative too..  I have to be or I'll end up over my head with credit card debt..  *shudders*  

Juska

Just got FF aswell, alot better than IE, seems like pages laod faster like there supposed to, maybe I'm just hoping they do :) The only prob is the fon't size and stuff, I'll have to find a good one.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19