Moving on

Started by wolf bite, November 01, 2004, 07:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Moving on

Now that all the names have been called, we have still the most important job to do. It is called get on with life.  We need to decide what is going to happen.

The way I see it is all the recourses that have been handed out, if they are from cheating the game maybe destroyed. How do you feel?

I have offered Josh that if he tells me his magic strategy, I will never use it or tell anyone what it is. If it is at all possible to do, I will ask retto to turn on a commando?s game that just I will play using the magic strat. If I can even make ? of what josh did in the same number of turns with the same aid, then all the supplies sent out are legitimate and the game should continue.

But as I foresee, Josh can not supply this information. So now what? Are we so messed up that a reset may be the only way to fix the problem? Do we remove all the aid sent down from Josh and those that got add form josh?

Do you have a better idea?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

Eh... I say we just reset Reg...

Cleans everything up nice and easy...

People seem to support the idea as well.

Kilkenne

How about Retto doesn't go off and do stupid stuff like ban everyone BUT Ereptor, who was working with Josh just as closely as I was, which isn't close at all, by the way...

I'm just offended that he didn't say anything first, and does not want to talk to me, who seems to be AFRAID of me, and singled me out, because he doesn't like me. It's like he was just waiting for a reason. Cloud had the same deal, but he hasn't been around as long. I've never gotten along just great with Retto, but I haven't tried to pis s him off, either.

But the point is, I'm offended at Retto's lack of an ability to talk to me first, try to figure out what is going on before jumping to the conclusion that:

"KILK IS CHEATING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TELL ME THAT JOSH WAS PLAYING!!!"

THe same can be said for many others, but nothing happened to them...Why? Because he hates Josh, and he doesn't seem to like me all too much either.

When brought up that he called me out for cheating, I got a smiley face from him, if you saw from the other topic. B.S. answer.

Veranor

1) Undisable all involved with Josh.

Why? Everyone makes mistakes. These are generally respectable people and I think we should forgive them

2) Try to verify this "magic strat" if you can prove it was done without exploit or whatever then the game needs to be reworked

3) Reset.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

wolf bite

Seems people are not getting the idea. the topic is called Moving ON. lets do it.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Kilkenne

I will not move on until Retto apologizes, it is ridiculous that he can't be the bigger man, because there is no chance for me to. I'm screwed for cheating. No moving on for me, no me being the bigger man here. No me leaving, because there is justice undone.

I didn't miss the point. I chose to ignore it.

Neobaron

The purpose of history is to learn from mistakes made in the past...

I have nothing more to say in that regard.

---

Since i have arrived, i have noticed various groups who control most of the game/community, and usually scorn and pick on those not in their group.

Not my problem. I come from a community where (smelly stuff)s given when its due and nothing more.... its up to you people to get over your grudges and complexes.  

---

Let Kilk and the others go, and suspend all this BS until someone can /actually verify/ wrongdoing.  
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Nohcnonk

A reset's pretty much forgiving people and letting them start over even with everyone else, and also allows everyone in the game to start over unaffected by the extreme amounts of things in the game.

Retto

Shael and I talked, and we'll have a reset of Regular in three days, on the 4th.

We're going to take the intervening time to do some more advertisement around - so maybe we'll get a few more players starting out.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

DemonSlavers

there all problems solved, glad to get that over with.
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Kilkenne

Finally...

My pride issue put to rest, I've been undisabled by Retto.

May this never happen again. Sorry for all the trouble I caused tonight...

I can now move on.

Peace Alliance

oh come on, this is rediculas. some of use have been storing up for weeks, and we're going to lose it because of josh?

well, at least we'll all be starting on even ground.

retto, will there be any balencing changes when you make the reset? some simple number adjustments could make a world of a difference, and i think it'd be a really nice way to make people feel better about restarting. no big coding, just some number changes.

Retto

Definately, I'll put in a few hours of coding for RWL in the next few days, to put in some security things as well as adjustments - make posts about it in the development forum.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

DemonSlavers

allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

cloud

well since it doesnt matter since the reset is in 3 days, can i have my accnt back so i can atleast check my "new mail"...no point in doing anything drastic with 3 days...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...