Big sibling program.

Started by wolf bite, October 22, 2004, 10:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashaman

I agree with Wolf.  Ppl need to learn the basic before they go to more advance strategy.  Knowing the in and out of the game will give you plenty of option in how to deal with an enemy.  And when the code changes, you can figure out how to use the code change to your advantage and select which strategy to use.
However, I think what should be done first is to write a better game guide.  It is not very helpful to new players when I asked about specific feature of the game and the old players here flatly refused to tell me how that feature work.  Granted, I'm not newbie, but I'm new to the game.

RazorClaw

New people need to basically try to keep under -$1M, mass one troop typre and get the hang of things... I've got a friend who wants to play, I can tutor him...  

cloud

I wouldnt mind some help in the basics...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Juska

*scans reg. top 10* Well, I guess Razorclaw's taught you all he knows......
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Menatus

I miss the days of strategy. I mean, I sure don't have one anymore. Now it's just attack the most landfat people you see, build what you can with what little money and turns you have, and get on next time to see you have no land and troops and repeat.

Back when I first joined, I mean, none of us were really that great, I don't know, it was just a lot more fun for me. I would actually send messages and recieve, have a story and all, and there would be fairness within the rivalries. Now I don't know who anyone is, and I haven't recieved one message, though all I've done if farm/get farmed. In the beginning, if I got attacked as many times as I do now, I'd complain all over the place. XD I guess that's better now. I don't even know what I'm talking about now. XD So I'll just stop.

RazorClaw

Quote from: Juska*scans reg. top 10* Well, I guess Razorclaw's taught you all he knows......
What??? I haven't really taught cloud anything...  

cloud

lol, I think there was some sarcasm there
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Kilkenne

Menatus: You know MY name!

Also, you say that we lose stuff every time like it happens to everyone...I'm happy where I am.

Badrang the Tyrant

I'd help someone, but I don't have the time.  We just started soccer practice after school almost every day, so I barely have time to get online anymore.  Besides, all I do is have a good mixture of troops and leaders.  Not all out on anything...Good idea though, wolf.

Juska

Guess you didn't get it RC.

I was referring to the fact that cloud got his net through aid, just like you did off windy all during the Sworn war :) So you taught him how to effectively beg.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Nohcnonk

So, since we've already found people that want help and people that will help, we set up another topic in the Help section.  It would show everyone that is teaching, and who they are teaching.  Someone like Wolf can make the post and edit it when new people are assigned to a tutor.  That way it's easy to see who is free to help someone, etc.

Or we could just make a new forum in which there would be a pinned topic like the one above, and each tutor would have his or her own topic to talk with their student(s), keep stats to watch for improvement, etc.

Of course, since this is forum based, we still need something to get more newbies into the forum...

cloud

lol juska, I'm sure whether or not to take that as an insult, but apparently by some glitch in the the forums i made your list  ;) lol. Anyways I didn't beg... it just kinda appeared, lol.
-Kilk

wolf bite

Quote from: NohcnonkSo, since we've already found people that want help and people that will help, we set up another topic in the Help section.  It would show everyone that is teaching, and who they are teaching.  Someone like Wolf can make the post and edit it when new people are assigned to a tutor.  That way it's easy to see who is free to help someone, etc.
Great idea

At the time I posted this topic, I had 3 new people looking for help, had assigned one, had a teacher in mind for one, and the last has now refused help. But for all the ones I know of, I am sure there are many others.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Guthorm Swordmaster

Could I have someone teach me actual strategies?Just brushing up.Some one who only needs to be on a few times a week to teach me.

wolf bite

Also a good idea.

I just added a "Help Wanted" to the help forum next to the "new to the game" that I added yesterday.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles