Big sibling program.

Started by wolf bite, October 22, 2004, 10:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Big sibling program.

I am happy to say that our community is growing. Seems we have a lot of new people popping in. This is great! But since the game is harder to play then at the time that most of us started, many will fizzle out from frustration and leave. So I propose a big brother / sister program.

Some of the players here might like to help out a new person to get the hang of how things work here in redwall. You can sign up and new people will either be assigned to you or they can contact you from the advertisement post you may make below.

I have seen older members abuse their students in the past by telling them to suicide people and the such, this should really not be done!

A big sibling should:
Only have one, maybe two, students so the student gets full attention.
First teach the basics of an army/market/forage type strategy so the student is rounded.
Respond to all the students mail.
Never go on students account.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

*waves hand high*  Meeeeee!  Whoo.  Liddle kiddies. *realizes that they could be older than him*

And I promise I won't tell them to go "All leaders" right away. *mutters*

cloud

lol, going all leaders has actually seemed to be very good to me in turbo, cuz then i can just buy massive troops with the money i make.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Nohcnonk

Exactly...

...But it's hard to understand for some people, and knowing the basic play and fundementals can not only get you used to the games rules, but it could save you in a fix.

Peace Alliance

oh, how many of the evil have i trained? *counts*

umm....

One!

:unsure:  

Holby

More than happy to help out ^_^ If you can somehow wrangle a non-American for me that would be great. The timezones are very difficult to work with. Or, alternatively, a nocturnal human.
I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

Don't worry, little newbies! I shall not eat you!

And methinks I will have the same problem as Holby with the time zones, only not so severe...

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingDon't worry, little newbies! I shall not eat you!

And methinks I will have the same problem as Holby with the time zones, only not so severe...
*agrees*
*doesn't bother volunteering*  I would, but I probably won't have enough time... (only just manages to find time to play turbo)

sounds like a good idea though!! :D

(Ashy helped me when I joined up first, after all we live close together...)

Guthorm Swordmaster

I like dont think im good enpugh to help though.

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: Guthorm SwordmasterI like dont think im good enpugh to help though.
I agree with that too. I'm not good enough.

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't understand leader strats... *mutters*

Ehe. I could teach them my hyperactive skiff-massing-sacking strat. Mwee.

Juska

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

*nods*  tis indeed a good idea..  and I 'spose I could help another...

I should have figgured that leader massing wasnt the best to start with..  but she asked me what was the most efficient and which I used, so..  yeah..  
I think the main problem with leaders is that you have to be comfortable with attacking atlot and getting retaled..  you need lotsa land to gain loyalty, but only about, give or take, 1/2 of your land to support your leaders, which work better on lower land..  
...but she didnt want to attack, so meh and lol...  the nice thing about leaders is that you take away all their huts and they go 'poof' and you can start anew..  which I belive she's done..  so mostly fixxed..  turbo is more testing ground anyhow..  if you screw up it's no big deal...  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

A Darkness Conquered

You people would sooner frighten the potential players away, than serve them purpose as a playing aid.
Grow up.

wolf bite

This is a game of balances. Everything you do effects something else. Those people that started out with more advanced strategies don?t fully understand how things interact, which is important  in the use of the more advanced strategies and knowing their enemies. They have a hard time recovering from attacks and sometimes a good player will fall back into a market / forage strategy. (*was in one during the Sworn war*) Also it is fun to change strategies because just gaining rank can get monotonous.

Now that I have the power to observe people play from their eyes, I see so many fundamental misunderstandings (such as building configurations that are almost useless). I also get mail asking me things like ?what does health do?? and stuff like that. Sadly many of these people don?t have a forum account and allow their pride not to let me pass them on to a teacher. Since I see myself as a referee, I will only tell them what things do, not really how to play, because that could effect the game.

I learned the game by experimenting with each aspect and seeing what it did. Gave me a rather deep understanding, but some instruction would have saved a lot of time.

For those of you that don?t feel you know enough to teach, a ?little sibling? does not have to be a out right new player. We have people that play advanced strategies willing to teach. You can connect with them. They can first help you fix the strategy you play now to be more effective, then move you on to other ways the game works.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles