Ridiculous

Started by Veranor, October 02, 2004, 11:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashyra Nightwing

Meh, I wish Thorn hadn't smushled me. I might have been able to do something..

Checkerpaw

Hey, I've got an idea!  Loren and Sworn team up to take down Ablaze together, and then they go back to fighting their own war!

It's so brilliant and yet so simple.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Veranor

Quote from: CheckerpawHey, I've got an idea!  Loren and Sworn team up to take down Ablaze together, and then they go back to fighting their own war!

It's so brilliant and yet so simple.
See my plan.

Attempted, but neither side found the other's conditions acceptable.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Juska

Lol, How's everyone's miserable lives going?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

wolf bite

But you see, it is all not that easy as someone not willing to agree, it is terms so unreasonable that no one would ever agree.

Sworn picked a fight with the people they picked for the fun of having a fight. Sworn started to lose the war, so they resorted to trying to kill off the members of Loran. Loran is not able to play how they want to when there is a whole clan saving turns to try to kill them. Loran has asked them to simply stop, thus ending the war, seems reasonable, but they will not agree. So Loran is forced to kill the members of Sworn so they cannot all save up their turns. What a pain. Sworn has made it clear that any end of the war will include Loran?s unconditional surrender, shipments of aid, and Loran to become the servants of Sworn to use our turns as they want. Needless to say, none of that is going to happen. So everyone wastes turns and time in an incredibly boring situation.

You are right, unreasonable conditions are not acceptable, especially when they are the aggressors. What can be done when a few people would rather make other people not have fun for their own sick enjoyment?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juska

Allies not servants, allies with the same cause working together. Aid isn't really needed, but you don't feel like trying to hammer out a bargain. Unconditional Surrender, well Yes, I'd say so.

War is fun Wolf Bite.
We killed because "conventional war" was not any fun and Loren killed, actually killed, an empire first, two empires matter of fact. You never wanted to stop the killing so I don't give a care what's coming out of your mouth because it's all twisted.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

wolf bite

Not so, servants.

Per your terms, the members of Loran would have to be part of your kill team against Ablaze.  Myself and windy are against killing, except those trying to kill us, so that would never work. Many members may not want to attack Ablaze at all.  Thus, since you could dictate who we are to attack, how much, and when, servants.

Further, your ?offer? of our surrender was under threat of killing more people. Not really a way to come to the table.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

windhound

^_^  actually, now that I've been taught how to properly kill, killing isnt so bad

see?!  sworn has corrupted a peaceful, no-kill horde!!
I has 3 kills to my name *sobs*
*shrugs*
*prepares rats for next assult*
Get Out Of Protection Juska!!  we wants to end this!  
*grinneth*  XD

I say if Juska doesnt come out of protection within 2 days his clan forfits the war and Loren is declared the winner, so all previous sworn must bow down to us  :D
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Kilkenne

Everyone smash Kilk! He is landfat and doesn't care!

Woot!

Holby

You insult our intelligence, Vera. We're not stupid, we have discussed this in length. But, the thing is, we can not fight a war on two fronts, we have our hands full with Sworn.
Sworn and Loren coming together to defeat Ablaze was something we all toyed with, and would have liked to implement.
But Juska showed us the same regard as you, Veranor.
This was their "proposal".

From Juskabally II (#269) (?)
To Wolf Bite, the main benefactor of Athel Loren and her allies.....

From your posts upon in the forums you obviously do not wish to see Ablaze walk away with the Title of Best clan unchallenged, nor do I. We have been warring for the last what month? Both sides have taken heavy blows and we divided are not a match for the powers of Ablaze(PA's head only can't be taken down by 10 men :) So I now wish to work out the terms of Loren's surrender to the Forsworn.

The terms: Loren shall declare Forsworn the victor in the war.
Loren and the Forsworn shall limit attack upon each other''''s empires no one empire shall be taken below 10k land except for very speical circumstances, no leader mission(exculding espy and land grab) and no sacks, captures, or standard attacks. Loren shall also war Ablaze along with the Forsworn sharing rescources when necessary along with participating in kill runs and all other acts of war.An existing forum must be surrendered for the combined use of both Sworn and Loren or a new forum must be created leaving each clan with it''''s own personal forum and 1 combined forum.

Should you so wish to refuse our offer of peace we will continue the killing of your clanned empires and the other acts of war we currently employ, no quarter shall be given.

Those are the terms of surrender do you accept?

Signed,

~Juska II, Lord of the Juskbally, Leader of the Forsworn, Bringer of Death
~Coramoor, Leader of the Asha''''man, Advisor to the Lord Juska II.

Who in their right mind would agree to that? We just have to keep on going.
My silly pride? Maybe, but I won't give up on this, even if I'm the only one remaining.
I will not deleted this

wolf bite

I might as well post my responce:

Juska and Ashaman,

Gentlemen, I started reading your letter and at first I was delighted that you caught my hint that our war will only weaken both clans as the natural clan takes over the game. I have been fighting them for the last week, not Sworn, to try to keep the game under control. I foresaw the movement up the ranks of Peaces army as I watched both our clans fall. I have been the only one keeping them back as your clan has been going for kills and mine for land. It seems there are 6 to 1 against me. So I thought that you would see this dilemma, which you have, but I would have not seen a request for Loran?s surrender to you, that is simply not going to happen. I had thought that a truce or a cease-fire for a specified period of time to deal with peace would have been expectable. But that was not your offer. In answer to my own question in the Ablaze post, I think that the recent kills made by Sworn has forced me to give up the fight on the top to assist my clan against your aggression.

I see myself as an adviser to Loran, not its leader. I do as they say, not they as I say. Holby and Neo are still making the decisions. I may speak highly in favor of some things and I do carry a bit of weight, but I do not overstep the limited power that I have given myself. Thus I will not post your letter requesting a surrender.

Wolf Bite

Then we killed both of them. hehe

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Veranor

Last time I ever suggest something like this, I tell you.

Holby, obviously both sides have not thought it through to the finish and reached the logical, peaceful solution that would make both clans at least passingly happy. I knew you guys were both aware of this but seriously when you make little progress in this, what are the independents supposed to do? Just watch you to gouge each other or ask if you could please kindly get to the heart of the matter and cut the big fish. I didn't point a finger at either side if you'll notice, nor did I say either was being unreasonable. It was an objective comment that perhaps this is all a little silly and we could stop and look back and laugh and sit in some oddly shaped lawn chairs and read the newspaper over some tea or something.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Holby

Quote from: VeranorHolby, obviously both sides have not thought it through to the finish and reached the logical, peaceful solution that would make both clans at least passingly happy.

QuoteI knew you guys were both aware of this
I don't know whether you meant to contradict like that, but eh. I know both Wolf and I have thought it through, and everyone has consulted me about the current position. But in any and all negotiations with Sworn we have not been able to reach any agreement or a fair understanding.
We have come to the conclusion that the only thing to do is fight as they are, but harder and better. Words won't do, so the action must. We will keep on going until they slowly fade away or give in.

Quotebut seriously when you make little progress in this, what are the independents supposed to do? Just watch you to gouge each other or ask if you could please kindly get to the heart of the matter and cut the big fish.
What do the independents have to do with it? Not that there are many. They gain on this as there is no concentration on them. *Points at Ablaze*

QuoteI didn't point a finger at either side if you'll notice, nor did I say either was being unreasonable. It was an objective comment that perhaps this is all a little silly and we could stop and look back and laugh and sit in some oddly shaped lawn chairs and read the newspaper over some tea or something.
That as a whole it was getting very stupid, we didn't realise what was happening in the rest of the game, and that if we worked together, everything would be full of joy and walnuts. That to me is insulting.
The idea is nice, but you don't have the same perspective if you're an outsider, the same understanding of what's going on and the people involved.
I will not deleted this

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: wolf biteBut you see, it is all not that easy as someone not willing to agree, it is terms so unreasonable that no one would ever agree.

Sworn picked a fight with the people they picked for the fun of having a fight. Sworn started to lose the war, so they resorted to trying to kill off the members of Loran. Loran is not able to play how they want to when there is a whole clan saving turns to try to kill them. Loran has asked them to simply stop, thus ending the war, seems reasonable, but they will not agree. So Loran is forced to kill the members of Sworn so they cannot all save up their turns. What a pain. Sworn has made it clear that any end of the war will include Loran?s unconditional surrender, shipments of aid, and Loran to become the servants of Sworn to use our turns as they want. Needless to say, none of that is going to happen. So everyone wastes turns and time in an incredibly boring situation.

You are right, unreasonable conditions are not acceptable, especially when they are the aggressors. What can be done when a few people would rather make other people not have fun for their own sick enjoyment?

Wolf Bite
This is a work of fiction, must I begin posting the link where that was established again?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Checkerpaw

Aw, c'mon.  Why don't you just put aside this petty bickering for once??  While you two lightweights are dinking around with each other, Ablaze has taken control of the top ten and the game.  If you want to continue to poke fingers at each other, do it AFTER you join together to take down Ablaze

"Unacceptable" conditions has nothing to with this.  All you have to do is agree to a cease fire and a truce.  It's as simple as that.  
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)