What will SW Ep III be rated?

Started by IB-frank, September 27, 2004, 03:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IB-frank

I don't really know what the next Star Wars is gonna be rated, buy it's probably going to be rated PG-13 or even R for the content.  Anakin kills the Jedi, kills his wife (she doesn't show up in the fourth one) kills all the children and Jedi in training, he gets fried up, disembowled and the like, and the movie in general is just dark.
Then again, all the previous movies have been rated PG, and George Lucas might edit the movie so as not to offend anyone.

I don't know, just wondering what everyone else thought.

EDIT:
OoOh! Just found this qoute from George Lucas himself!

"All the good guys die," he said, laughing. "And you know, it's pretty dark. It's pretty intense. I'm not sure this one is going to end up a PG like the others were."
DO NOT RUN, TASTY CHILDREN! I WILL NOT HURT YOU! I AM YOUR FRIEND!

RazorClaw

Yes, that's much worse than stortroopers, Ewoks, Rebel soldiers, and the like getting shot and screaming as they do all kinds of flips in the air nd hit the wall with a sickening crunch. I think it's PG or POSSIBLY PG-13. No way will it be R.  

IB-frank

Hey, killing children and pregnant mothers, even if it is implied, is gonna get a movie a PG 13 rating, or at the very least a risky PG.

Besides, in the first three movies the special effects were alot worse. Now the deaths will be even more real.
DO NOT RUN, TASTY CHILDREN! I WILL NOT HURT YOU! I AM YOUR FRIEND!

The Lady Shael

Solid PG-13. Doubt it'll be PG, and they'd NEVER make it R.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

Star Wars?  R?  naaah..  it was designed, I belive, to be more of a family movie anyhow..  'course, I've seen some R movies that weren't really all that bad..  *shrugs*

PG-13 probably..  yeah..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Nohcnonk

It'll have to be put in the PG-13 catagory.

Wildwood

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Kilkenne

*Votes for NC-17*

Hardcore nudity!  B)  

Nohcnonk

Heh.  Three people voted NC-17.

Aqualis

It will be PG-13. The TV said so. Actually, this says so too.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Wolf Snare

haha, this new one sounds funny. Nothing would have led me to believe it would be restricted. I voted the nudity one... :huh:  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

RazorClaw

Yes, as a last resort, all the Jedi strip to stun Darth Vader, earning the movie an NC-17 rating...

Ashyra Nightwing

PG-13, I reckon. It wouldn't be R..

Guthorm Swordmaster

I've never seen a star wrs film so I voted I dont know.

Blood Wake

I say PG-13 but of couse the first 3 were rated PG so don't think it won't be PG

Wait! Guthorm you have never seen a star wars movie? are you on drugs?
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h