Least Favorite Beatle

Started by Angst Vulpine, September 06, 2004, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angst Vulpine

*grin* Ringo. For one thing, he wasn't that great of a drummer, although he did get better, and for another thing, he didn't have that much of a personality. Heh. And man, his nose is just  too big. XD

My favorite of The Beatles, on the other hand, Is John Lennon. Because he was A) most talented, and B) smartest and most interesting. 'Eck, I would've thrown jelly beans at him...Maybe not cake, though... (I was listening to a two hour thingie on The Beatles this morning on NPR Chicago Public Radio... And there was a bit about things that got thrown up on stage. Later, my dad was teasing me about not having John Lennon to throw jelly beans at. Ever had those fifty cents for a pound jelly beans? I'd have thrown them at Ringo. *.*

Weeelll.. Vote, eh?
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

RazorClaw

Ringo. He wasn't really creative in hardly any of the songs. He was really good at keeping the beat, but for fills and stuff he was just plain BORING. I don't really have a favorite of the other three... Probably would if I was a girl.  :P  

Veranor

Ringo.  I don't have a favorite of the other three either, mostly because they were all crucial to the blanace the band had. You know what I mean if you listen to their solo careers. Though all of them had the potential for a range of music, they did skitter toward their extremes after they broke up. When they were together it was balanced pop/spirtuality/political stuffs. Ringo well, he was cool but if I had to pick a least favorite... him.

Oh yeah and I got a Wish You Were Here shirt  ::agrees::  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

wolf bite

Ringo, Richard starsky, was added in when the Beatles were found because the producer did not like the drummer they had. He was not the smartest of people, but he did have a lot of personality. Besides, in an interview when his mansion was burning in the background, they asked him what he is going to do now. Ringo said, ?Buy me another house.?

John and Paul did most of the writing and were up in front with most of the singing. They were both great.

But then there was George who did what? Votes for George.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Holby

Evil topic. I don't have a least favourite one, they each have their traits that make them awesome. Like trying to pick a single song.
John was awesome, great voice, wonderful music, some interesting beliefs. But he did say some weird things or simply stuff I don't agree with.
Paul was a big driving force behind the band in later stages, wrote a lot of songs, and was always coming up with something new. But he became a little "bossy" near the end when no-one was really motivated, supposedly.
George seems the quiet one, not much of a voice, not a huge personality. But he had the best hair, and he brought about the Indian influences. He also wrote some marvellous stuff, like Something. He didn't start writing properly until the band was well formed, whereas John and Paul had done it since school days.
Ringo was a great drummer ^_^ . He had a great personality, but what makes him so cool was his belief in the band. He was willing to do anything to keep the band together, and brokenhearted ( :D )when it split up. The others were ready to part ways, but he claimed he would have stayed on longer.

They each were an unreplaceable part of the band, and although Ringo may not appear to be, The Beatles claimed they felt whole with Ringo playing with them.

Impossible question to answer.
I will not deleted this

Veranor

While I agree that they were all phenomenal and crucial to the who group I just prefer George/John/Paul over Ringo. I like their voices more (which isn't to say his is bad), I like their guitar work more than his drumming (which isn't to say it's bad) etc., but I would still prefer to listen to Ringo than many other musicians.

And Wolf: George wrote many songs.

EDIT:

And yeah Ringo definately gets points for "Help" and trying to keep them together. He also walked out on the recording session for "How Do You Sleep" because it was getting too abusive of Paul.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Morzan

Hehe I saw this topic and thought it had to do with The Beatles and all of his account or something. Completely flew over my head about the band for the moment. I nulled, agreeing with Holby that they were all crucial.  
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~

wolf bite

Yes I know George did a lot. But having been alive when they were actually a band, the way I remember it was that George did not get as much press as the rest. Thus I personally never took much of a liking to him at the time. I hardly am putting him down. It took the four of them to be what they became. When you ask someone the names of the Beatles, they usually pop out the first 3, then say ?? and ah ? George.?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

RazorClaw

Veranor

Quote from: wolf biteYes I know George did a lot. But having been alive when they were actually a band, the way I remember it was that George did not get as much press as the rest. Thus I personally never took much of a liking to him at the time. I hardly am putting him down. It took the four of them to be what they became. When you ask someone the names of the Beatles, they usually pop out the first 3, then say ?? and ah ? George.?

Wolf Bite
True.  It's only you said "and then there was George who did what?" so I was just responding. I guess you meant "you never really think of what he did" and I guess for most people that's true.  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Scarwake

I voted George because i know nothing about him
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Angst Vulpine

Quote from: Veranor
If you're talking about Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here... Gah! I be jealous, arrr.

Did he really say that, Wolfy? Hehe...

Hey, what's the URL to the offical Beatles fansite, anyway?

Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Veranor

Quote from: Angst Vulpine
Quote from: Veranor
If you're talking about Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here... Gah! I be jealous, arrr.
Indeed :)
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

DemonSlavers

ummm there kinda ::disagrees::  
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Morzan

No the Beatles were great, and thats coming from some one who enjoys punk rock and people with sort of whinning voices. Personally, I wish I had lived in the time period my parents lived in for music. Think of all the bands that I was too young to actually be part of it all and just listen to them now. The Beatles, The Who, The Ramones, and so many others. I wish I could have been a part of it all. I envy you Wolf.
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~