Suggestion...

Started by Orcrist, September 01, 2004, 07:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I just have a suggestion for whenever the game starts- it would be nicer if there were more land in the game. Maybe while you're in protection, you could get double land while scouting or something like that. It would make the game more interesting...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

i thienk protection is sposed to be a time to get everything ready, so that when you leave you can get right into fighting. if land was doubled, then everyone would just scout for the 200 turns, and nobody would be ready to fight.

although it would be nicer to ahve more land... there'd be other ways to do that though. like finding out why there is so little land in a regular server thats this old... hmmm

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Peace Alliancei thienk protection is sposed to be a time to get everything ready, so that when you leave you can get right into fighting. if land was doubled, then everyone would just scout for the 200 turns, and nobody would be ready to fight.

although it would be nicer to ahve more land... there'd be other ways to do that though. like finding out why there is so little land in a regular server thats this old... hmmm
Hmm, there isn't really a good point to argue.. I like the idea, and support it.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ashyra Nightwing

There's so many leader massers in the game that they're sucking all the land up.  <_<  

Morzan

One reason why there is so little land is because there are less players. More land with more players. I think another idea could be like having the admins make an account with like 100,000,000 or some riduculus number of land and having it very easy to break, and it is up for 3 days. Then it gets deleted, and people have land if they decided to attack the account.  
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~

windhound

actually, leader massing takes comparitivly less land..  If I can take roughly 20k acers, and I lose all but say 12, that means I kept enough land to keep my leaders and wont /need/ to attack, I could just reasource mass with leader loot/feast/goldmine or use my leader for other spells..  
unlike a full strat where you depend on markets and foragers for your resources, there you need vast amounts of land to support your horde, and if you get attacked too much recovery is harder because you cant instantly replace your resources..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Myrhakel

There's always land. Find someone and take it from them.  :D  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

RazorClaw

Yeah, but now 40,000 land is exorbitant, whereas in previous rounds if one had 20,000 it would be considered pretty low... 40,000 was average, and 60,000 was exorbitant... But there were around 200 ACTIVE players then, around 400 that played once a week.

Kilkenne

First and second round were good for lots of land because of less power in the hands of leaders, and the fact that we had a lot of people playing, but the leaders were the bigger factor. I don't want to bash all the bells and  whistles this game has, but I would just as soon get the original, or BAX at least, and have a server with that, running reg time, would be on that script, making there more land in the game, more players, and less leader-power...

Let's be honest with ourselves, the new updates definetely drove off a lot more people than they kept in...Because everyone started to leave when the latest version appeared.

windhound

there was talk of opening a server like the original and making it for newer members..  
did that idea die out?

I think it would be a great stepping stone into current reg/turbo..  they get the basics down, then move on..  as is with the troop % and different attack types and species..  all very nice for us older folkes, but very confuzing for the newer people..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

SAd, this place has died dramatically even since I joined... I have been here a little over a year, and things were fine then.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Holby

Quote from: KilkenneFirst and second round were good for lots of land because of less power in the hands of leaders, and the fact that we had a lot of people playing, but the leaders were the bigger factor. I don't want to bash all the bells and  whistles this game has, but I would just as soon get the original, or BAX at least, and have a server with that, running reg time, would be on that script, making there more land in the game, more players, and less leader-power...

Let's be honest with ourselves, the new updates definetely drove off a lot more people than they kept in...Because everyone started to leave when the latest version appeared.
That was not due to the game enhancements. Leaders were not made more powerful, apart from each race's special spell, it was people found out how to use them. Leaders were not used properly until wellllll into Era 2. The game improvements brought a lot of people back or new ones in, they have done nothing but improve the game. In fact, leaders were made less powerful with BAXX. I put it mostly down to the game's age.
I will not deleted this

RazorClaw

Sadly, I don't think we can regain the numbers that we once had here. Also, there was more land when not many people used leaders. Now almost everyone does...  

Ashaman

Land is not a problem.  Over at QMT, people enjoy playing there even though 20k land grab is considered a good land grab already and this is toward the end of the set too.  You have to make the game balance for people to enjoy.  Nowaday, everyone is mages storing grains.  What's fun is it in that?  Where are those indies?  Where are the cashers?

RazorClaw

Hey, I don't play massing stuff, ask windy...  :lol: