I can't figure this out!

Started by Ashaman, August 31, 2004, 04:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashaman

Ok, here's the dilema:

Calvinators (#220)
Acres 26,565
Rats 35,750

So, I see he got only 35k rats.  Obviously, he don't got many GTs cuz I heard GTs need 150 rats each to be effective.  So I have 700k rats myself trying to attack his 35k rats and failed.  I specifically indicated Guerella hit with all my rats and I failed.  Can someone explain this?  I don't think he got clan share on either cuz I didn't get the "rushing to defend" message at all.

Thanks.

windhound

...you didnt /used/ to have to have troops for gaurd towers to be effective..  Peace demonstrated that many times..  I'd esp. him and he'd have nothin..  no other troops but rats, and I'd try to hit him with my skiffs and bounce off 'cause of the darn gaurds..  now I heard that the tower effectiveness was changed, but I never saw anything about it..  and Retto never got around to finnishing the help file..  

but yeah..  he's got quite a bit of land..  it could be gaurds..  

also, tis not nice ta post others stats on the general discussion :P
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashaman

Oopsie with the stats.  All edited out except relevant informations :)

So could an admin please tell us if GTs need to be manned to be effective please?

General Austin

They don't. I've attacked a person who had a TON of guards and literally 0 troops of the kind I was attacking him with, and I massed that troop type. Of course, this was before the tower modification, but still, if Retto would have changed ti that radically, he would have said so..
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Nohcnonk

You only need 2800 guards to keep out 700k rats.  It's 250 rats per guard, by the way.  Just do the math.

Edit: Dunno why I'm helping you after you sacked me like 21 times...

Edit again: Oh, towers don't need anything to be effective.   It's a straight up 500 D Points.

Ashaman

Thanks for the reply.  Now I know GT is a viable strategy to play with.  May have to use that a bit more on my empire :)
You have to admit, sacking is really fun especially on people with load of grains :)

windhound

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

Humm, I am not sure either, But I think you need some rats for the towers to work.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

RazorClaw

If you have /0/ then you will be broken no matter what, at least I think that's what Retto said when he updated it... And  :P , Ashaman.  :D And w/ 2M leaders, why on earth are you attacking with 700K rats?

Ashyra Nightwing

Guard towers are foul little creatures.

End of story.

Ashaman

Quote from: RazorClawIf you have /0/ then you will be broken no matter what, at least I think that's what Retto said when he updated it... And  :P , Ashaman.  :D And w/ 2M leaders, why on earth are you attacking with 700K rats?
Well, because someone told me GTs need 150 rats manning to be effective, and with 35k rats that he has, obviously it's cheaper to hit him with Rats to take land than to use magic attacks which cost a load of mana :)

Orcrist

In the equation (at least in the old code that I know), the number of troops (in this case rats) are multiplied by the number of towers and multiplied then by the number of defensive points per tower. So, if you had 0 rats, the equation would be = 0. However, with enough guards, 35k rats could hold off way more than 700k...

((P.S. Guards are not foul little creatures- they are marvelous creations :) ))
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

RazorClaw

I quite agree, Orcrist. Only to skiff massers are they not spiffy... And even to them they are spiffy when possesed by them. Me has lotsas dem... And Ashaman, I'm saying that after you tried with rats, why not cream me with leaders?

windhound

^_^   only my Nero account thought gaurds were spiffy..  all my other accounts have been pretty much skiff massers, so I fit right in with Razor's logic  :lol:  

RazorClaw

Hehe, only problem is the conversion back to markets when you make your run, as it generally costs around 500,000,000 to demolish the markets and build the towers...