School

Started by RazorClaw, August 23, 2004, 02:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Germania

Self-Employed.

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: GermaniaSelf-Employed.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, none of you know how funny that actually is.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Holby

I will not deleted this

windhound

Quote from: Juby (Tercios)*shudders...college, is terrible at doing schoolings not purely reliant on the brain*
here theirs a huge difference between College and University, College is more hands on and obvious degree to employment path, University is the theory, sciences, essay highest marks type thing so for people like me who take only University level high school courses, college is used as a dirty word so in theory, when windy says he goes to college I know he means higher learning but I still pitchure him in autoshop  <_< .
I always went to public school and have a disdain for private school and is quite curious as to why someone would want to get home schooled but meh.
I start University in 1 week :D
we use college and university more or less interchanably...  well, actually the NC State University is divided up into difference colleges..  college of vetmed, college of engineering, college of ag, college of textiles...  a few others too..  
and what's wrong with an autoshop?  thoes people actually can make quite a bit..  and someone has to beable to fix my car..  hee
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

General Austin

Homeschooled and loving it. 14 and in 10th grade, which is something I never could have done without skipping grades in regular school, which would have left big gaps in my learning. *is a total homeschool fanatic-ish type person*

Err- Self-Employed? Meaning, you have a job and you learn on the side, or you don't go to school at all when you should be but you're taking other classes at the college or something to make up for it...?

*confused*

:blink:  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Arguia Zsah

*confused too*

OY! I'm british and i go to secondary school! is that kinda equal to high school or wot?

does anyone feel kind enough to translate home-schooled for me? :huh:  

Aqualis

Homeschooled means that you take school at home. All your tests and everything.

JUBY: I homeschooled because the work was more difficult than at private school or public school.

And what's wrong with autoshop?
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Juby (Tercios)

Nothings wrong with autoshop, it's just funny, we all know windy is doing some sort of academic course and then just plop him into autoshop, also I am terrible at it so it makes me shudder at my ineptitude(is that a word?) and as for private school, public and home school, here in Ontario everything is standerized so no matter where you go in the province, you will be covering the same things, private schools just have extra resources(cause rich families think they deserve better  :angry: ) and home schooling is at home, they just all follow the same curriculum.
Arguia Zsah:  we call it secondary school too, high school and secondary are interchangable.
As for homeschooling, I could have been skipped ahead in grade 3(grades 4 - 7 they put me in split classes and just had me do older grade work and put me with my friends at the same time (cause I did all the grade 8 work in grade 7, grade 8 was a picnic, (we don't have middle schools were I live, public school from jk-8and then highschool and then post-secondary))) but didn't want to, just doesn't seem to be worth it to finish school a few years early but miss out on the fun of chillin with your peers, I mean whats the hurry, school can be fun, I mean gym class at homeschool probably really really blows  :lol: . ahh well.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

The Lady Shael

See, that's what's neat about homeschooling. I skipped 2nd grade because I was homeschooled. I have friends in two grade levels: my grade level and my age group. ^_^ But that only works if you're public schooled, because you don't meet as many people when you're homeschooled. In my case, when I homeschooled for 7th and 8th, I pretty much taught myself the stuff, since my dad was at work, my sister was at school, and my mom was working at the high school so she could get me in. It was extremely boring. (It was then, when I discovered the ROC)

Homeschooling is fun, but only to a point. I think I like public school better, because you have more teachers, you have guidance counselors, you get to actually walk around to classes and stuff, you have all these people to talk to, you get to do projects, etc.

And yeah, homeschooling is just basically going to school at home. Your parents teach you the stuff, so if your parents can't teach too good, or you don't like your parents, it's not reeeeally a good a idea. Your parents don't have to be insanely smart or anything, but at least be able to tell you what work needs to be done.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

RazorClaw

I do online college classes from Stanford as well as 8th grade science and social studies from a school in Canada (for hockey insurance purposes). I also do Latin from an online Catholic prep school.

Aqualis

Quote from: The Lady ShaelI have friends in two grade levels: my grade level and my age group. ^_^ But that only works if you're public schooled, because you don't meet as many people when you're homeschooled.
That's an opinion.

I have friends from age 4 to 54, so ha.  :D  Most of them are within 5 years or so.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Morzan

Meh. I am 15 going into 10th grade at high school. Taking 2 AP classes this year, plus adavance math(not considered AP though, just 11th grade math in 10th grade) I personally love high school. It is easier then middle school because it is easier to cheat, my school offers tons of writing and journalism courses also. I have tons of friends and I am a very social person(reminded of how he has been out ever night this week till 1 in the morning with friends, then cross country practice at 9 in morning) and I don't think I would have as many friends at a home school. And then you count the girls in high school, I have 2,000 kids in my school, in home school you only have like 1 and thats you! And I met my 17 year girl friend in high school. Meh, high school is the way to go.  
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~

Nohcnonk

Homeschooling is better if you're smart.  Period.

The Lady Shael

Most parents homeschool their children for three reasons:
1) Their kid is insanely smart
2) Their kid is...well...not so smart....
3) They are a religious family

No offense to anyone. Those are just the most common reasons.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Nohcnonk

Oh.  So you're basically saying that I'm not SPEACIAL because I go to a public school.  I DON'T LIKE YOU NO MORE. XDDDDD

Er hem.  That is pretty true though.  Er, the reasons.  Not me not being special.  I think.

I wanna be homeschooled... but it's just not as much fun.  No sports, no friends, and lotsa work.  But it can be good for your education. ^_^