Game Platforms

Started by Death to DemonSlaver, August 21, 2004, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I dunno about FFCC- I rented it and beat the entire game in 11 hours w/out outside help. The game was REALLY easy, but I guess interesting. I put down xbox because of KOTOR. I do love PS2 though. I'm sure I would love PC more except for the fact that my comp can't handle Rise of Nations much less Unreal tourney or anything else like that.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Nohcnonk

Quote from: OrcristI dunno about FFCC- I rented it and beat the entire game in 11 hours w/out outside help.
Yeah, you just heal a lot.  Ehehehehehe...

RazorClaw

Orcrist, did you get every item? Eh? If not, go back and beat the game getting every item, ohoho!  :D  I'm kidding, obviously.

Germania

Playing 4 player on a TV split screen is a joke, but on the bright side the X-Box also has the advantage of customizability with the use of modchips and updated UI. After you mod an X-box you can do things like use emulators and use the X-Box to play every NES/SNES/SEGA and arcade game in existance.

RazorClaw

Isn't that illegal, to be able to play Nintendo's games on X-Box, without Nintendo's permission? Sounds cool, though. On Gamecubes you can use an LAN and play on four TVs, rather than four split-screen windows on one TV. Or you can use it to have sixteen people playing, four on each TV.

windhound

meh..  you can play any game ever made for any system on your computer if you download the enumulator..  
quite illegal..  but cheaper as long as you dont get caught...  

*shugs*
I used to do that for Gameboy, but I'd rather not risk it on a college network..  twould stink to get thrown out over Pokemon Silver...  heh heh..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

RazorClaw

Why not just buy a used gameboy off ebay for ten bucks? Then you won't get kicked out and ye can still play. You could get a gameboy that's the same color as the desk or station or whatever that you do your work on, so your professors won't know you're actually playing during their lectures on the meaning of life!

windhound

=P
I would, but then there's the fact that Pokemon Green Leaf wouldnt help me much on the exams
Eventually I may get one, but I'd prefer to get a new one..  you never know what people do to thoes things..  and from Ebay there's always shipping and people always overchange amazingly..  I'd stopped shopping on Ebay..  it has gotten so pricey for most things it's just not worth it..  www.buy.com is awesome 'cause it's taxfree for me and free shipping..   and /usually/ they are very reliable..  somtimes it takes them a little while for them to ship your stuff..

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

RazorClaw

Probably black marketeers... *looks shiftily around*

Nohcnonk

Quote from: GermaniaPlaying 4 player on a TV split screen is a joke, but on the bright side the X-Box also has the advantage of customizability with the use of modchips and updated UI. After you mod an X-box you can do things like use emulators and use the X-Box to play every NES/SNES/SEGA and arcade game in existance.
You could do LAN parties. ^_^

Germania

Quote from: RazorClawIsn't that illegal, to be able to play Nintendo's games on X-Box, without Nintendo's permission? Sounds cool, though. On Gamecubes you can use an LAN and play on four TVs, rather than four split-screen windows on one TV. Or you can use it to have sixteen people playing, four on each TV.
As long as you own the original nintendo game. Then again I don't really know anymore, go read the DMCA and interpert it for yourself, just remember it applies only in the U.S.

Nohcnonk

Yeah, that sounds right.  Like ROMS. *goes off to play Chrono Trigger*

Guthorm Swordmaster

Ps2 i had to raise the money to buy it myself though took around a year.

DemonSlavers

Quote from: Guthorm SwordmasterPs2 i had to raise the money to buy it myself though took around a year.
jeez
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Wolf Snare

I've never even played GameCube, but if it's almost as good or better than X-Box, why is it so much cheaper?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)