Game Platforms

Started by Death to DemonSlaver, August 21, 2004, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nohcnonk

PlayStation is coming out with a handheld system, called the PSP (PlayStation Portable).  The PSP is going to be relatively small, though way more expensive (some estimates are up to $500), the battery life may be a problem, and so is breakability.  But it's supposed to be completely amazing and has been hailed as the "next walkman." The DS should be much less expensive (I'm thinking $200 max), and it has two screens, with very small cartridges, and it folds up so that both screens are protected.  Actually, the DS is going to be no bigger than two GBA's: one for each screen, and I think that's it's smaller actually...

I think it's called the PSX... Anyway, Nintendo is coming out with a new system as well as Microsoft.  I've heard several people call "The next Gamecube" NE5, though I have no idea what it stands for.  I haven't heard any official word about it's set title, but they are working on it.  And then Microsoft is planning an X-Box 2 for release in 2005.

RazorClaw

What a creative and ingenuitive name... X-Box 2! At least PS2 was original... And I don't think Sony's handheld will compete w/ the DS, as it can't be that much better for that much more cash... The Nintendo system won't be released for a couple years, though supposedly it's going to be the best... But all new consoles are, "the most advanced and best" anyway, because they're new. Everyone called the PS2 "the best" before the X-Box and Gamecube were released... Wish my dad still did patents for Sony, then I'd have more info... We found out about the PSX a few years ago...

Scarwake

Blah blah blah....I said PC, because I'm on it more, because PC games usually have better add-ons or you don't have to go and buy another game or some other component to get special features, you just dl them.

That and you can make kewl friends playing online pc games, whereas its harder than big fish to relocate people on an Xbox live game or what not...as I think you can only play with certain people on those...not sure...

Gamecube does have online gameplay, they just haven't really made many games for it.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Holby

You can buy a GameCube here for under $100 US. PS2 is a bit more, and X-Box a bit more again.
*Still plays his SNES and PS1*
I will not deleted this

Aqualis

NE5 I assume was chosen because it's the fifth iteration of the Nintendo.

As far as I know the PSP is supposed to be able to play video's, view pictures, play music, and play video games with graphics just slightly better than the original Playstation.

PS3 is supposed to use the new cell technology that Intel is developing and I think that Sony us going to unveil it at the next major gaming show, but I could be wrong about that.

PSX is NOT the next Playstation it is something totally different. I think is was Sony's attempt at a complete home-theater computer thing. It did play PS2 games though. It sold for $1000 and didn't do very well in Japan so I don't think is coming over here, but I haven't heard anything in a while.

Gamecube doesn't have all the best franchises, it's got some but not all. It doesn't have Gran Tourismo, Metal Gear Solid, or Rachet & Clank.

The PS2 controller, in my opinion, is also the most comfortable.

Intel recently came out with a new socket tech that's allowed a 3.6GHz processor and faster graphics cards.

I know nothing about the DS outside of name.

My vote is split between PS2 and comp.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

RazorClaw

Metal Gear Solid is not owned by Nintendo but Nintendo does have their games... I don't even know what Rachet & Clank is, can you clarify? And I meant PS3, just got mixed up, sorry, Aqualis. I play my PS1 too, Holbs! Unfortunately, whenever I play it I can't help thinking, "You know, the gameplay on these outdated consoles is pretty darn good, but their graphics stink!"  

DemonSlavers

Quote from: RazorClawSuper Mario Sunshine, Spider Man (if only for the fun of jumping off buildings then webbing at the last minute  :D ), Rogue Squadrons II&III, all three Bonds, Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash Bros Melee, Luigi's Mansion, F-Zero, Wallace & Gromit, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid (The Twin Snakes), Zelda (Windwaker and Four Swords), NHL Hitz 2002, 2003, 2004. That's 20 and I've got lots more, Germania. The PC games aren't geared towards as good of graphics or as smooth of gameplay as a gaming console. The XBox is the closest thing to a PC's power, but also all of its exclusive games stink except for Halo. Ga,ecube is portable, has the best franchises and games, most comfy controllers, pretty good graphics, really smooth gameplay. PS2 is an inbetween thingy. Gamecube doesn't have a DVD player, but have you ever had to sit through someone watching Dances With Wolves on your PS2 while your rental game is sitting gathering dust? Ick! But, a PC only outclasses any console because of internet, word proccesor, etc.
Man i just cant pick i think Xbox and PS2 are even in my opinion! and second super mario sunshine i heard SUCKS!!!
And i just laugh at the people on animal crossing my friend has it and there are funny! i just like to fish hehe!
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

RazorClaw

What an informative and useful post. You heard Mario sucks? I could say I heard Wolf Bite sucks at RWL, too. Super Mario Sunshine's a great game.  

DemonSlavers

allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

TR Shadow

Quote from: RazorClawWhat an informative and useful post. You heard Mario sucks? I could say I heard Wolf Bite sucks at RWL, too. Super Mario Sunshine's a great game.
Amen to that, brother.

I play Harvest Moon: AWL, SSBM, Soul Caliber II, Kirby Air Ride, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine (which is a good game), FFCC, and Skies of Arcadia.

For PS2, I mostly play DDR, FFX, and FFX-2.

*Is good at DDR*

Anyway, DemonSlayers, you can't judge a game on what you've heard.  I, personally, liked Mario Sunshine and Animal Crossing.

Oh, and one more thing.  Learn how to spell 'sure'.

RazorClaw

No, you see, he's relating to the seashore, of how my "waves" of argument come and crash down upon him.

Nohcnonk

Quote from: TR ShadowAmen to that, brother.

I play Harvest Moon: AWL, SSBM, Soul Caliber II, Kirby Air Ride, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine (which is a good game), FFCC, and Skies of Arcadia.

For PS2, I mostly play DDR, FFX, and FFX-2.

*Is good at DDR*

Anyway, DemonSlayers, you can't judge a game on what you've heard.  I, personally, liked Mario Sunshine and Animal Crossing.

Oh, and one more thing.  Learn how to spell 'sure'.
You should get Tales of Symphonia. *nods*

And Gamecube had Twin Snakes. ^_^ I dunno if Snake Eater is going to be on Gamecube, though I hope it does...

RazorClaw

Ooh, forgot to mention FFCC! And Tales of Symphonia is one of the greatest games ever, 'tis awesometh!

Nohcnonk

Quote from: RazorClawOoh, forgot to mention FFCC! And Tales of Symphonia is one of the greatest games ever, 'tis awesometh!
*high fives* Too true!

RazorClaw

*attempts to recieve high five and gets hit in the face* Owww...