PC Gaming

Started by windhound, August 19, 2004, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

hrm..  as it's not exactly advertising online gaming I think this is alright in GD..  if not, Admins feel free to move it...

I was wondering what kind of PC Games yall like to play, if any..  
my brother kept almost all the original game disks at home, so all I've got here in college is Halo, Hydro Thunder, and Zoo Tycoon..  

Halo lags a bit where there are many many moving things on the screen, but most of the time my comp. handles it fairly well..  which is good, 'cause it's brand new..  lol..

Hydro Thunder yall might better know as an arcade game..  I have only rarely seen it out for PC, I found my copy on Ebay, some person in Great Britian was selling it..  I think it's also for Playstation?  ah well..  it's a boat racing game with decent graphics for it's time (a few years old)..  the best I've seen as far as boat sims..  

and, well, Zoo Tycoon is rather self explanitory..  manage a zoo..  my brother likes going in and setting the tigers and dinosaurs loose on the geusts...  meh

I like most of the Need for Speed sierries too..  but I dont have any with me...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Juby (Tercios)

hmmm, I like any FIFA game and some strategy games like Shogun, Legion, AOE.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Juska

AoM- Age of Mythology, Titans X-pack. Haven't played in a while though, I like any race rated like 1671.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Scarwake

I like to play

JK3(Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy)- Star Wars game, kinda 1st person when you're merced, fun fun...

The sims(not played forever)

AOE- also not played forever, and umm...I think I beat that game in single player...

Warcraft 3- oooh, i liked that game, too bad it was too short...even with the expansion for it..I beat it all within a few days.  I don't understand the online thingy tho, its quite confusing and weird.

Diablo- Played it for like a week, then I got sick of the horrible graphics, and I'm just not playing it until i get Diablo 2

Command & Conquer: Renegade- Awesome 1st person shooter & vehicle game.  Run enemies over!!!

Command & Conquer: Generals- Was doing awesomely insane when I 1st got it...Then I go to this part where I died....I stopped playing....picked it back up a month or so later....beat that part, then I ended up getting stuck at another area where I keep dying...Stupid thing...

I'm sure I have others, but they're obviously not worth mentioning if I don't even know what they are....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Kilkenne

AOE2 owns you...Best strategy game of all time, hands down.

I also play a lot of FPSs...Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Call of Duty, waitin on Half Life 2...Oh man...Half Life 2 *drool*

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: KilkenneAOE2 owns you...
agreed, haven't played in a while but good times were had when me and my buddy would build 200 troop armies (NO PERSIANS) and delete all our other stuff and see who was the better tactician (couldn't use their server thing cause my version was from off Kazaa  :lol: )
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Kilkenne

I was always an economic machine when playing with friends...We'd hook our comps up and have 4 people vs 4 comps on hardest. It was awesome, I was doling out money and such while making mighty armies of Knights mixed with archers and such. With the pop limit on 200, I would have 75 - 100 villagers all going at once. We usually played Black Forest, and "Imperial Lumber" as I like to call it just LEVELLED the majority of the trees.

Something we liked to do on BF was to use Siege Onagers to blast through trees and just appear in the enemy base from behind, it was always hilarious...

Juby (Tercios)

We couldn't keep playing that cause we'd go through streaks of on person being on top of the economy and dominating and then the other would say, economy doesn't say squat about military, and so we developed the 200 game to squash that (UNDEFEATED EH!)

RazorClaw

Well, I play: Midtown Madness, Risk II, EVERY star wars game ever made, NFS series, Actually, all Lucasarts games, sonic games, command & conquer, including generals plus the red alert stuff, delta force, bond series, and every other game that is circular and works with a Windows XP desktop. Meh.

bjornredtail

Commercial Games:
Stronghold and Crusader- Fun games, to spite relatively poor intaface design.
Microsoft Combat Flight Simulater 1-  Just short of a gig of add ins sitting around my hard drive. Great fun engageing a Me 109 with a helochopter...
Railroad Tycoon II- Great single player capign. Too bad not many people play mutli-player...
Motorcross Madness 2- Just exploreing the pre-built stunt tracks is quite entertaining...
Midtown Madness 2- When it's working, a good game. The thing is that it doesn't really work well with XP at all.
Homeworld- Ok, I haven't played for a while, still a very good game, and a well designed campign.
Age of Empires I- Haven't played it much, partially beacuse I miss the features in Age of Empres 2, which I used to play the demo for.

OSS/Free games:
BZflag ( http://www.bzflag.org )- Multiplayer Arcade tank shooter. Great game, assumeing you don't have a relatively laggy net' connection, :( , and even then it's pretty good.
Cube ( http://cube.sf.net )- Open source FPS game....
Freeciv ( http://www.freeciv.org )- Turn baced civilization game.
Vegastrike ( http://vegastrike.sf.net )- Space shooter/trade game in 3d.
Scorched 3D ( http://scorched3d.sourceforge.net/ )- Fun little artilliery sim.
RWL:BAXX (Not that you need to know the address... http://www.redwallwarlords.com/)- Online turn based stragity game.
Warbands Delevopment head (http://localhost/)- It is comeing.... Eventually. Expect something good in about 6 months.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Germania

Strategy
Panzer General
Bomb aka Tank Wars
Scorched Earth
Master of Orion Series
Stars!
Imperium Galactica
Civilization Series
Alpha Centauri
Colonization
Lords of the Realm Series
X-Com Series (UFO: Unkown and Terror from the Deep in praticular)

Real-Time Strategy
Command & Conquer Series
Warcraft Series
Total Annihilation
Age of Empires Series
Age of Mythology
Homeworld Series
Pirates!

First Person Shooter
Doom Series
Quake Series
Unreal Tournament Series
Duke Nukem 3D
Blood
Rise of the Triad
Half Life Series
Deus Ex Series
Rune

Flight Sims
Aces over the Pacific
Aces over Europe

Role-Playing
Final Fantasy Series
Chrono Trigger Series
Ultima Series
Arcanum
Dungeon Siege
Morrrowind
Neverwinter Nights
Baulder's Gate Series

Action
Grand Theft Auto Series
Getaway Series

Adventure
Kings Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, Quest For Glory, and some other Sierra adventure games (Robin Hood etc etc)

MMPORG
Ultima Online
Utopia
Redwall: Warlords

Out of all the games the game I play most is, Tactical Ops: Assualt on Terror, a mod for Unreal Tournament.
The second most game I play is Redwall.
My favourite picks are the Ultima Series including UO, Unreal Tournament, and Redwall.

Usually I find that multiplayer games are a lot more fun then single player, but, a good story is something to look for in SP.

Holby

I can't handle more than one game at once. I took up RWL again and I deserted Red Baron. Flew tonight, got outturned by an n28 in a Camel, then stalled every turn. Played Fly now for half an hour, not one header or flamer. It's all Neo's fault.
I will not deleted this

Aqualis

AOE2 was my favorite RTS, but since mine was a copy it refuses to run on any OS more advanced than Windows 98. I replaced it with C&C: Generals-Zero Hour. Not quite as good, but fun none the less.

Quake 3 I played for quite a bit before I got UT2004. I've got Quake 2 and the original UT around here somewhere.

Diablo 2 is good. I'd probly play it more but I rebuilt my comp and deleted my game file. Then my comp quit working so I installed it on my dad's comp. It randomly deleted my game file. I started over again but got bored doing the same dang level again for the fourth time. I'll probly play that now that I've thought about it so much.

Total Anihillation I used to play alot too. I don't know where it is right now. That'd be a good one to play again.

Crusader: No Remorse. One of my favorite games of all time. To bad this comp doesn't have DOS. Does anybody know if there is a way to run this in Linux?

And, of course, there is this. To which most of my gaming time is devoted.

All the rest of the games I play are on PS2.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Almkman

I only have Halo.Best game ever.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Nohcnonk

AOE2 is great.  Age of Mythology is awesome too, but I've not had as much time to play it as I have the other, and I've always liked AOE2 more.  The only downside is that it's a bit difficult to play online... Command and Conquer is also awesome.  My PC won't run Generals, but RA2 is plenty good.

As far as shooters, I really really really wanna play Call of Duty and Farcry, and I'd like Doom 3 as well, but my PC would die.  Well, that'd make us have to get a new one... *plots*

RPG's are my favorite type of game.  I really wanna try out Fable, but I have no XBox... I'll play pretty much any good RPG.  Like Diablo.  I play Diablo 2 a few times every week.  I have a char of every class except Paladin (because I use them too much); including a level 70 Assassin and level 50 Sorceress.  Online that is.  So if anyone ever wants to play, just message me.