Which political poll should I post?

Started by bjornredtail, August 13, 2004, 08:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjornredtail

0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Juby (Tercios)

Go Gore, the winner of the 2000 presidential campaign, but loser of a supreme court decision *still bitter*
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

RazorClaw

Unfortunately, that's not how the U.S. system works, Juby...

Kilkenne

Yeah...Juby...The Supreme Court has NO way to elect or "Un-elect" a president, or change the votes, or anything. The Liberal system of the Electoral College defeated Gore, so there's no sense being bitter at what you can't change.

EDIT: Yes, I know they can make rulings pertaining to this, but not directly unto it.

wolf bite

Quote from: KilkenneYeah...Juby...The Supreme Court has NO way to elect or "Un-elect" a president, or change the votes, or anything. The Liberal system of the Electoral College defeated Gore, so there's no sense being bitter at what you can't change.

EDIT: Yes, I know they can make rulings pertaining to this, but not directly unto it.
Right! The Democratic propaganda about the Supreme Court decision has twisted the facts to try to down grade the effectiveness of President Bush. Bush won fairly.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Myrhakel

The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Angst Vulpine

*snorts insanely*

And most people voted for the tic-tac...*gasp for breath*

And...That second one is just wrrroong. XD
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Juby (Tercios)

ummmm...Gore got more votes, bush got more seats, the supreme court was asked to make the decision, what am I missing, ohh yeah, how 10's of thousands of african americans were told they were ineligable to vote (when they were eligible) in florida, which is quite curious since traditionally, african americans vote heavily for the democrats.  <_<  
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Myrhakel

African-Americans were 5 TIMES as likely to be turned away from voting as Whites in some states like Florida which is quite something since they're a minority to begin with.

Yet the election was fair.  :rolleyes:  
The man
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Juska

If the election was based on pure amount of votes all the canidates would only try to please the large population states and forget the smaller states.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

RazorClaw

Of course, the African-Americans were denied voting. Mind telling us WHY? No, you'll just go about Bush-bashing without any facts. Myrh, Bush may not be great, and as a conservative Republican I'll admit that, but he's a heck of a lot better than Nader or Kerry.

wolf bite

Juby,

Our states vote in the same way they have for over 200 years. The SC saying that they will not go against the Constitution and change things that they have sworn to protect from changing is not the SC deciding the election. In the Electoral College, each state votes all the same based on it population.  I know this may sound strange, but there are important reasons that are deeply complicated as to why it works this way. Basically, each state is its own nation. Each nation, based on its population, votes how the commutative taxes of its people will be spent by the League of Nations called the Federal Government.

There are no facts behind your statements besides opinions of people that are ill informed as to the workings of the government.

Like it or not, President Bush is the properly elected President of the United States. When and if you become a citizen of this the USA, then voice an opinion. Make a Constitutional Amendment. Get a majority of states, by a 2/3 per state majority, to vote in favor of your proposed change. Then the SC will have to follow your way of thinking.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Veranor

Quote from: RazorClawOf course, the African-Americans were denied voting. Mind telling us WHY? No, you'll just go about Bush-bashing without any facts. Myrh, Bush may not be great, and as a conservative Republican I'll admit that, but he's a heck of a lot better than Nader or Kerry.
TEH HYPOCRISY!!111oneoneone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1112505.stm

http://www.commondreams.org/views/120600-103.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpol...count/front.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/storie...5/black.voters/
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Myrhakel

Quote from: RazorClawOf course, the African-Americans were denied voting. Mind telling us WHY? No, you'll just go about Bush-bashing without any facts. Myrh, Bush may not be great, and as a conservative Republican I'll admit that, but he's a heck of a lot better than Nader or Kerry.
African-Americans tend to vote Democratic.

The commission determined that in 2000 approximately 11 percent of Florida voters were African-American, but that African-Americans cast about 54 percent of the 180,000 spoiled ballots there.

There were thousands of legal registered voters in Florida who were banned from voting because they had a name similar to a convicted felon that was legally barred from voting.

Interestingly enough though the highest rate of ballot spoilage for blacks was among black Republicans.

If it was a choice between the three I'd support Nader but I don't exactly like the man and many of his ideas seen hair-brained.  
The man
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

RazorClaw

Nm. Myrh cam though while I was posting. So why would the Republican black votes be blocked? 54 percent of the people being black isn't that large, if this is supposed to be some great racial violation. And what's the point in being bitter? While you are wasting your time talking about how Bush shouldn't have been president. Kerry won't be if you don't help his campaign, rather than being bitter?  And Myrh, so who are you supporting? you're about to post, as I edit this!