aim

Started by Blood Wake, August 02, 2004, 04:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I seriously can't believe people still fall for this chain letter junk. Obviously if AIM was seriously going to do that, they would put something on their site, or on the program itself, to reach AIM users. And, even if they did decide to e-mail all the users, they could send e-mails all at one time to all the users, and they wouldn't have to ask the recipients to forward it on to 20 more people or whatever.

Someone out there decided they could easily amuse themselves by creating a chain letter and seeing how long it would take for it to take the world in confusion and watch AIM users disappear.

One of my best friends in kindergarten moved to Miami before 1st grade, and when she eventually got a computer, and an e-mail address, all she did was send me chain e-mails. (send this to 50 ppl, nad ur wish will come true!!!11 if u dont send it, u will have bad luck for 10 yrs in ur luv life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111  <3 )

I deleted all of them, and I haven't had real communication with her for several years. I only participated in some chain letters when I first had an e-mail account, when I was like 9 years old. I haven't fallen for a chain letter since, and I never will. I despise those kinds of e-mails. They bring a bad name to the PURPOSE of e-mails. They're such a waste of time, and they don't accomplish anything. It's like an emotional virus.

Even those stories that are supposed to inspire you into sending it to everyone on your address book, sometimes I read them, but they've never really worked on me. I'm not the kind of person who is easily inspired by reading something.

I'm not going to send an worthless e-mail to 30 of my friends to see Britney slap Christina. Not even if my deepest desire came true. Or that I would marry my biggest crush. Because it won't happen. There's no way it could logically happen, and it never HAS happened, even though some people are convinced by the stories of people at the beginning. "If I didn't read this e-mail, I would've been crushed by a meteorite hurtling towards my office building entrance minutes later! It saved my life! And, my sexy co-worker that i had a crush on came in two seconds later and asked me out!"

Puh-lease. The people who start these things seriously have no lives. The people who fall for these or go along with these things have no lives. I'm not going to say I have a life, because I'm a RWLer, but RWL isn't worthless.

o.0 Wow. I haven't ranted this long or seriously since....a long time.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

I will not deleted this

Italian Mafia

What are we supposed to do to keep active?

Badrang the Tyrant

Just sign onto your AIM account. ^_^  That's it.

Myrhakel

Quote from: Italian MafiaWhat are we supposed to do to keep active?
*sighs*

It's a hoax.  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

The Lady Shael

You don't have to do a single thing to keep active, because this is a hoax. Someone was just trying to create a believable chain letter. The people who run AIM know people wouldn't bother using their service if they started charging. Come on, people, think about it and use your brains.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Veranor

Quote from: The Lady ShaelYou don't have to do a single thing to keep active, because this is a hoax. Someone was just trying to create a believable chain letter. The people who run AIM know people wouldn't bother using their service if they started charging. Come on, people, think about it and use your brains.
Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. Deep breathing, does wonders for calming.  :P  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

The Lady Shael

*breathes in and out somewhat rapidly*

You and Holby seem to be amused at me right now...

But chain letters is just one of the things that always annoyed me...ugh, just don't get me started on it again.  

Veranor

Quote from: The Lady Shael*breathes in and out somewhat rapidly*

You and Holby seem to be amused at me right now...

But chain letters is just one of the things that always annoyed me...ugh, just don't get me started on it again.
Oh I agree, annoying, very annoying. The rant was just amusing.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Boze (Admin)

OMG MY AIM WAS JUST DELETED SEND THOSE LETTERS OUT NOW OR YOU ARE NEXT I JUST PAID $20 TO MAKE A NEW SCREEN NAME AND IT WAS DELETED TOO SO NOW I USE MSN YAHOO SPECIAL EDITION WITH INTEL NETBURST SPEEDSTEP OPEN SOURCE LINUX DRIVERS 4 FREE WITH 61-BIT UBER H4X TECHNOLOGY AND THEN THEY STOLE MY IDENTITY AND CHARGED ME $40$$ SO KEEP SENDING THOSE CHAIN MAILS OR MICROSOFT WOL||ILL SEND THE POLICE 2 U FOR DOWNLOADING MUSIC FROM KAzZA AOL EDITION FROM

WHAT?
That's me!

calria

*smack*

Yep, I think that pretty much sums me up.

DemonSlavers

No if AIM charges for servise it will drop rapidley. And no it wont cost Money because when you sign up for your screen name, it says a free and enjoyable servise. If it does charge theres going to be alot of complants. Ill tell you that much. If they were going to do that they should have put a servise fee at the sign up of your s/n! And I have a qustion for anybody that knows are they going to charge for each screen name. Or just one family.?

" if they are charging:"
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Boze (Admin)

Someone didn't read the thread.
That's me!

Juska

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Mark

I'm gonna keep using AIM regardless of these rumours :P.  You windows users can go ahead and get charged :D.  I'm happy with my iChat, it's AIM for mac.  I can see AOL peeps tryin' charge mac users.
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?