aim

Started by Blood Wake, August 02, 2004, 04:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

Because of our overloading of our servers, we are being forced to extract our non-active AIM users. Because this is a free service, AOL has exceeded the budget for the AIM service. We are asking that you send this exact message to 20 other AIM users to ensure us that you're an active AIM user. Our system tracking devise will pick up this message to keep you on our active list. You have 72 hours to complete this task or your service will be cancelled immediately. Starting August 10, 2004 we will be charging a small fee for registering of a screen name for AIM. Thank you for your time and for using AOL or AIM.

Sincerely,
Mark Jenkins
AOL Time Warner

aol is proud to be the number 1 chatty thingy, if they were to charge for aim then evey aim user would go to msn messenger and msn would dominate over aol. MSN has become very popular in little time and will probably pass aol soon anyway if they havent already. but if aol charges for aim then the internet will belong to msn.

post what you think. retto had some interesting coments and i hope he will post them here.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Myrhakel

I get those in e-mails...   :rolleyes:  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Amoraq

Yeah, aol will go down in usage if they start charging. I will probly switch if they start charging.  
~~Windclaw the Mighty~~

-Windpaw's Pack-

~Vuur Draak af~

Highist rank 1st

~~~Guroum~~~
Apollo 13, leader of the 13 round of turbo
user posted image

David

Meh,idk if its true.

Wildwood

???  I haven't got that message and I use aim.  If its true tough then I will most likely not use aim anymore.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Nohcnonk

Really, AIM has at least one of all of it's user's e-mails, do they not?

Blood Wake

i dont know, i think when i made this SN i went by a different e-mail
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Veranor

Wouldn't that like... be on their website?  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Myrhakel

The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Blood Wake

heh, at the bottom it has that some aim message but for april 9th '03. thanks for the link!

h

Juska

I'm not paying for aim service.  
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Trident

I heard it was a scam, and it's happened before.  

I got that email, um, 5 years ago and nothing has happened.  

Almkman

It's been done  before.I haven't gotten it either.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Ashyra Nightwing

It's a scam. I get those on my Hotmail account all the time, and nothing's ever happened... But I would stop using AIM if they started charging.

Aqualis

I got that a while ago. I just laughed at it and closed the window.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis