I GOT IT

Started by Juby (Tercios), July 25, 2004, 11:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juby (Tercios)

I HAVE AN IDEAR EH  :lol:

let's face it, theirs not enough people around (only like 30 or 40 people in reg), so we need to get some back.

We have a 3 ish month bonus round called Redwall Classic.  It turn times like reg (So it's not too high maintenence) and we time it so that reg also end and reset when classic ends.
Now the concept behind is that we(we being the whole Redwall community, maybe make the top 10 page the top 100 so everyone could watch it even if they didn't make the cut) invite to what are deemed the 100 best players (not just skill but diplomacy could also factor, and of course excluding a certain bannee) and we lure them here by talking of the greatest best of round to see who truely is the greatest for one last round.  Each one uses their most well known name.  When you die in this round you would be automatically restarted as say Wolf Bite II(If you were Wolf Bite), and if someone were to kill you agian Wolf Bite III and so on.
We have a chance to see the best in actions and the best partnerships and teams as well and all that jazz.
The trick here is to have such a competitive game all the oldbies will sign up for the next reg.

You like or meh?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Holby

I think that's an awesome idea. But you would be stretching it for 100 people, we couldn't get 100 to sign up in the first place.
What's more, I don't have a common name  :o
Neither does Heat.
I will not deleted this

Juby (Tercios)

Holby would be as good as any name (and unblock me already *shakes fist towards austrailia*) I'd think, and how many players do you think we could get?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Guthorm Swordmaster

I think we could get fifty players at the max.Plus this is a realy good idea Juby.

Wildwood

Meh.  I don't think it will work completely as planned, 100 is a lot of people, but good idea anyway though.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

IFman

Great idea, but will there be enough planners for that
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

RazorClaw

Quote from: HolbyI think that's an awesome idea. But you would be stretching it for 100 people, we couldn't get 100 to sign up in the first place.
What's more, I don't have a common name  :o
Neither does Heat.
You could be one of the titles in your sig... I think it's an awesome idea, sounds like fun.

Nohcnonk

I agree with everyone else. XD Hey, at least we agree.

Juby (Tercios)

*Dances The Agreement Dance*

General Austin

I agree. Maybe we should start putting up banner ads on all our personal sites, and advertise on forums we know of that have a large-ish amount of people on them.

Oh, and I personally think that the numbers will boost once the school year starts up again, people have too much fun being outside or on vacation trips to play RWL.. :P  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Juska

Good Idea. If you want a decent amount of players it should be called "The greatest prom players something and we can invite players from the various prom games around, turns should be 2 per 10 min because 1 and 450 turns is just stupid and no one will play(I can't stand it right now) the game guide better be fixed and working right aswell and all bugs should be gone. Hopefully some players will stay.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Checkerpaw

Hey everyone, just popping back in.

I agree with General Austin, and I myself am an example of what he's talking about.  I've quit playing RWL for the summer, but I plan to be back by the time the school year starts.  Although if something like this were to start now, you can bet yer britches I'd sign up immediately.

Juby, I think it's a great idea, and unlike all the other pessimists here (joking!) I think that with heavy advertising, you could easily reach over 100 people.  During the school year, RWL already averages that many, so with something like this being heavily pushed, I think you could get upwards of 150.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Blood Wake

summer is why people arent here, before i ever played RWL, before i ever even read a redwall book i went to this final fantasy RP site, and there were at least 30 members, when summer came there was only me, the owner and 1 other person there for about a week, the person who owned it gave me the site cause noone came anymore. i tried getting people to join back up again but only a couple people came and thats not enough. when the school year starts then there will be people comeing in

http://www.geocities.com/final_fantasy_rpgca i think
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Juby (Tercios)

I think Juska has a great idea there with 2 turns per ten minutes, cause we don't want it to be turbo cause that's too high maintence and we don't want it to be boringly slow either.
Still who do you think the 50 - 100 people should be, I'm not so sure we'd need to advertise, most could be told that their invited by MSN I'd think.

Nohcnonk

Advertising is always a plus; we can't have too many people.