Let's go over this again, shall we?

Started by Stormclaw, February 10, 2003, 06:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormclaw

Right. It says on the signup page that multiple accounts are not permitted.
Thus, if someone has multiple accounts, they presumably know they're cheating.

Let's go over a few of the things that the administrators are not stupid enough to fall for and/or things that point out that this is obviously a cheater:

- Reversing the first and last names- I.E. "John Jake" and "Jake John".
- Signing up for another free e-mail on Yahoo or Hotmail or any one of a dozen hosts to make it look like you're a different person.
- Naming all your accounts according to a theme- for example, the player with three accounts who named their accounts after different beer brand names.
- Creating a clan which you populate with your own multiple accounts.
- Putting the fact that you own multiple accounts in your forums signature.
- Any of the 'of Delor' derivatives. Aside from the fact that this upsets me personally, there is absolutely no one out there who would be anything 'of Delor' as their only account. Except Shael. But she has my permission for that.
- Signing up for nine accounts and claiming that 'you and your buddies like to play at your house after school'- when there are only four e-mail addresses used, all of them 'theme-named'.

Honestly, people- if you're caught, certainly all but one and more than likely all your accounts will be deleted.

...Sorry. Just finished deactivating around twenty accounts, and needed to rant some.
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

the_brat

I had only one account of Delor and you banned me for having multiple accounts.  How do I offer proof that I don't have two accounts?  I don't even know what my second account that I presumebly have is.  I just know that I'm Pet Pinguines of Delor.  I've only been on a little since the reset.

Ereptor

Before i read this i was going to post a new topic on why there are so many accounts being disabled.  It is not fun to play a game with all of these yellow accounts all over the place.  I suggest two things.  One, stop trying to cheat.  And two we get rid of the accounts after so many days.  I hate seeing there cheating @$%es on the board.

The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Mitya

I guess you don't get that Delor is Stormclaw's personal character/horde name, and that ripping it off from him just ain't funny.
--Mitya Shostak

My signature was going to be original. Yes.

Warlord, Slava #14
Former Warlord, Mtsenskovite Army #227
RFFer and proud of it!

Dies Personae: http://diespersonae.no-ip.com

Ereptor

Or you know what ??  Better yet, distribute their economy to us.  Take their armies, money and food and give them to the people who don't cheat.  Punish and reward.  Although not cheating is our own reward.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Aqualis

I agree with Ereptor. All the disabled acounts should be deleted so that they do not show up on the score list.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Menatus

Yeah, maybe we should have a cheating graveyard because of the multitudes of yellow?

Shytalon

Bah. If I cheated, I'd have a wee bit more inventiveness than that...

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Yes, and try not to be proud of cheating like Stormclaw said. *Wow, I am soo god on number 10, but number 21 is better, and I like 52 the best* This could all be avoided with common sense.

Tsarmina

Most people who cheat don't have common sense, however. -.-
~Tsarmina
#103 - Blades of Judecca
Primary Diplomat of RFF

calria

if they had sense enough to play the game decently and honestly, they wouldn't have to cheat. yee gods, though, it is amusing to see the darn kids try. sort of cute in their futility, aint they?

Deathclaw

Calria, you say others scare you? Personally, that last statement was very... disturbing, shall I say? I think cheaters should have there accounts deleted and there should be a site for the dead hordes (EX: rwlgraveyard@iboze.com)
Glory, Glory, Man United!

calria

what I mean is that they amuse me, sort of like a three year old with a cookie behind their back lying to their mother and saying they don't have it. posh lol I'm sleep deprived... I don't even totally make sense to msyelf...

Deathclaw

I find that easy to believe. Very easy to believe, yes it is...
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Trident

Maybe one acocunt a family should be taken into consideration...just a thought, because this really sucks being disabled  :(