A Touch of Nostalgia

Started by Holby, July 22, 2004, 08:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morzan

A good point. Like in the book Eragon, the King watched his Forsworn fight amongst themselves, but they remained loyal to him.  
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~

Ereptor

Of course, if you are a rational thinker, you can realize there is always two sides to a story...naturally. Though i am tempted to defend myself, i shall allow my name to be labeled as a quote unquote dictator of ROME. But before you all chime in with the popular ring, as it be, remember even when the pot calls the kettle black, it could just be the coffee....
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Morzan

Oh, I do not see you as a complete must be destroyed evil. I still very much respect you as player and person. But my opion of it all has been changed a little, and maybe some time you can tell me why you did not put this to vote when afterall it was declared that Rome was a democracy.
For every end, there is a new beginning.  This one shall have no endings, and no new beginnings shall come forth.

~Magnus Proditor~

wolf bite

Since I was a protectorate, I only could scout for land.  Ereptor had Black Eyes attack me for several days. I wrote both telling them that I had a bug on my game and could not control that sometimes I would jump into the top 10 for half an hour when I was not even on line. Ereptor never responded, Black Eyes role played that I was an enemy of Rome and must be destroyed.

QuoteA 5 billion cash reward will be payed to the person who kills right arm #17.

This contract if you chose to accept it will pay all expenses that you may lose in taking him and a final sum of 5 billion dollars. Our business is our own. You agree to our terms with no questions asked and it shall be yours. So if you have turns and a couple rats have fun.

Royal Messenger of Rome

QuoteThe reason he keeps bouncing around is due to some sort of NW bug we've been finding recently with some warlords.

Retto

I was massively attacked by everyone in the game for the next day and a half until Ereptor took the bounty off. Holby had lost 3 ranks due to loss of armies defending me as his protectorate.

QuoteDue to news from the administration. Our bounty has been taken down. We do not intend to kill players that have no control over their networth. We saw this person as a threat and we intended to deal with it. This should be a warning to those that wish to fight ROME. We will deal swiftly with those who oppose us. Rome appologizes for the bounty that has been taken down. So the first 2 people to reply to this message that they attacked him more than five times will get a reward. Also right arm if you wish we intend to give something back to you if you have been hurt by this bounty.

Sincerely,
Messenger of Rome

I was down to under 1000 land (don?t really remember how low they got me).  I was still being attacked by many people.  I dropped the protectorate to save Holby's armies.  I wrote Black Eyes who said that once a target always a target.   I could not attack anyone to get my land back because the only people with land was Rome, who I was a silent partner with. I could not scout because my food gave me too high of a net and would get little land. Holby was too high to send it up to him. Plus there is no way I could get my ratio back to protect my goods.

I wrote Ereptor several letters telling him telling him that I accept his offer. What I wanted was a Rome target that I could take 15,000 land from, then be lower back down to 10,000, that way I would be where I was before.  Then to have at least a week of protection from the Rome clan where no one would attack me. Ereptor never responded to my letters although I saw him on line.

With a wrongful bounty, people still attacking me, little land, and the offer to make it right unfulfilled, I took down Rome.  Holby and Smelly came on line as I was attacking. We got into a 3-way convocation. They agreed that I was doing the right thing. We attacked all of Rome; besides Windy whom we felt would also see that Rome was wrong had he been on line.

The members took out their aggression on Holby saying his was a trader, killed him and branded him.  

Those are the facts, is there another side?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juby (Tercios)

who's smelly?
edit: Is smelly Julian?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Badrang the Tyrant

Bah, Deadeye was invited and not me.. :(   Oh well.  I probably wouldn't have made it in Rome anyway...

Morzan

Dead Eye was invited because Ereptor trusted him, Dead Eye had tratiored and spyed on Kilk and the Forces against Ereptor during the dark ages, and had sworn his loyalty to Ereptor. Ereptor needed  people he could trust. Obviously that didn't go so hot.

Wolf Bite, just so you know, I believe that a few, if not most of the Roman Emperors knew nothing of this. That is why they labled Holby as a tratior, and tried destroying him. They knew nothing of the protectorate deal, nor of the offer. I am sure a few of them besides Windy would have seen and realized something was wrong.

~Magnus Proditor~

Badrang the Tyrant

I see.  Guess Ereptor doesn't even know who I am.. :P  

Guthorm Swordmaster

Juby (Tercios)

Nick was Odoyle that round, really, only him and amoraq successfully "punk'd" Rome regularly, everyone else was either scared, trying to hold their own (blades) or just chillin (wolf Bite).
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Holby

I will not deleted this

Juby (Tercios)

He was Earth Demons that round.

Neobaron

*sigh*

To bad i didnt come a year or so earlier.. all of this is very interesting.

Would have been a heck uvan experience =-)

---

Nice that a game has a history though...  
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Holby

This is just one aspect ;)
DI days, anybody?
I will not deleted this

windhound

Quote from: wolf bite...
We attacked all of Rome; besides Windy whom we felt would also see that Rome was wrong had he been on line.
*hums*
actually, I had agreed to help Holby, although rather grudingly (as I rather liked rome) but I mistook the day and never signed on..  Although, I dont think Holby ever told me the whole story..  ah well..
*pats Nero*
extremely spiffy account..  I believe he gained Emp..  hee..

Ah yiss..  and Amoraq was playing indeed..  I should know..  he played (and still plays) quite well..  copys some of my strats, though he is, much more violent, and thus more successful at my own strats ^_^  meeh..

*prods Wolf and Morzan*
take just a couple of seconds ta read my sig, no capitalize me name :P

*cheers for the days of DI*

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't