Music

Started by Blood Wake, July 21, 2004, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nohcnonk

Quote from: Juby (Tercios)those are stereotypes, rock can get pretty vulgur too ya know :angry:
Yep.  And some rap is very inspirational and religious.  In a good way. :D

Angst Vulpine

Yes. It can. (thinking of ac/dc and an oddball Primus song.)
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: NohcnonkYep.  And some rap is very inspirational and religious.  In a good way. :D
LOL, I forgot all about gospel rap, not a big fan of that either, although great rappers like Nas and Killah Priest are often plauged by religious thought.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Blood Wake

all music can be around anything but rap is most about violince and sex but it can also be religous. Classic Rock is about Love a lot but mostly it is just random stuff. newer rock is somewhat about love but mostly just random topics. and pop is about love and thats about it, though i havent heard enough to say what it is based around
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Badrang the Tyrant

I like almost all music.  It just depends on the songs....most of the ones I like are upbeat though.

VinnieOlle

I like mostly all of the music before the 90's

TR Shadow

Quote from: Juby (Tercios)LOL, I forgot all about gospel rap, not a big fan of that either, although great rappers like Nas and Killah Priest are often plauged by religious thought.
TOBYMAC!

*Clings*

Neobaron

I listen to whatever catches my ear...

I reckon Classic Rock and Alty.

---

The White Stripes
The Darkness (whoo!)
Rooney
Jet
The Beatles
CCR  
Steppenwolf (sp.)
Strauss (19th Century Austrian guy)
Santana

Thats whats sitting on my computer table (that i can reach without moving)

---

Razorclaw did make some generalizations... but for the most part, he is right.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Guthorm Swordmaster

I like Rock that means

Nirvana
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
White Stripes
The Darkness
Micheal Jackson is ok

Angst Vulpine

Yeah Nirvana! Nirvana owns you.  :P  
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: NeobaronRazorclaw did make some generalizations... but for the most part, he is right.
no he isn't, that's just the ... they play on MTV and and stuff, the vast majority of rap music made you will never hear because on the major radio and TV stations they mostly play the stuff that is designed to sell, hardly any artistry, just a pop hook (so that the people who say they like rap songs but don't care for the rap verses  :angry: have something to enjoy) and it's got over exxagerated gangster verses because all these weird surburban kids only seem to like is everything from movies to video games to music that are violent.  The old gangster rap and the more authentic of it was just a progression of the anger from the militant revolution minded morals of the 80's rappers to the greed focused 90's and still was filled with social commentary.  Now the real fans of rap bought all sorts of rap music, from the militant gangsterism of 2pac and Notorious B.I.G., to the storytelling observational raps of Nas, to the playful raps of Souls of mischief and De La Soul and even the rootsy politcal rap of Arrested Developement and the jazz rap of The Roots and Dream Warriors. But the much much larger demographic, the suburban TV generation only cared for the pop-ish violent music, and because TV and radio really only plays the music that really sells, and only hte music that sells has alot of money invested into it, that's all you really see, and because that's all alot of new rap people see, that's all they really buy, so it's quite the cycle.  The vast majority of rap you'll only hear on college radio, or late at night on the mainstream stations or by actually going to a concert or buy word of mouth, and that's why it's called underground, cuase it's all below the media's vision.  But for every fake gangster album you see on television, theirs 10 underground albums.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Guthorm Swordmaster

Angst you've got it wrong.......I own Nirvana :D  

Neobaron

=-)

Thankee Juby.

---

Mainstream i reckon is what everybody hears though.

Im not a rap fan myself, so i only hear a few songs when im promised something good will come after the song.  
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Angst Vulpine

*pouts*

Okay, then I own Evanescense. Neh.   :P

How can you own  Nirvana, anyway? The main  guy is dead...
;)  :D  
Angst Vulpine  

Kueller

QUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!
Is this the real life,
Or is this fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.
Open you eyes,
Look up to the skies
and seeeeeeeeee.

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
(because he's easy come, easy go,
little high, little low)
Blah, blah, blah. I've already given my Bohemian Rhapsody obsession to the public, so...

Most rap I've heard is like what RazorClaw said... But I'm not a real rap fan.  
"The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -- Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to
his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money."  -- G.  Gordon Liddy

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

One of my favorite all-time Star Wars scenes (from Darksaber):
Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.