CCM

Started by TR Shadow, July 11, 2004, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR Shadow

I'm not trying to start a religious debate or anything; I just want to see if anyone's heard of any of these bands.  Heheh.  *Luffs TOBYMAC*

Side note: I should be a bit more active here.  Mostly because I'm not allowed on any other sites anymore due to parental orders.

Aqualis

I'll assume that "CCM" means "Contemporary Christian Music".

Oddly enough, I like Christian Music less than Rap. Go figure.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

TR Shadow

Quote from: AqualisI'll assume that "CCM" means "Contemporary Christian Music".

Oddly enough, I like Christian Music less than Rap. Go figure.
Aww!  *Pokes Aqui*  You're missing out.  *Nod*

Nohcnonk

Switchfoot is... CC..M?  Interesting.  I voted them.  Thought they're definately not my favorite band. ^_^

Ruatine

Erm... you should've had an option for "other!" *pokes*

I -heart- Steven Curtis Chapman. He's definitely my fav CCM artist. All those bands/artists you put up there are in the rock/rap genre. What about all the others?
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

TR Shadow

I didn't think of him when putting that up...

XD

Trident

Switchfoot, because I like the "meant to live" song.  Relient K's "Sadie Hawkin's Dance" got annoying after awhile.

Angst Vulpine

Bleck. If I must pick, Swichfoot. >_<
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Almkman

Linkin Park.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Ashyra Nightwing

Newsboys. Yep.

Arguia Zsah

Neobaron

Switchfoot...

"Meant to Live" is great...

Even though i hear it 85634895639 times a day on the frikkin radio...  
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

TR Shadow

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingNewsboys. Yep.
Dude!  I didn't know you liked the Newsboys!  *Clings*

Nohcnonk

Quote from: NeobaronSwitchfoot...

"Meant to Live" is great...

Even though i hear it 85634895639 times a day on the frikkin radio...
Better than Avril. :snicker:  

calria

I dislike all CCM... it's usually got cheap theology and pretty bad musical talent (though some are decent... they're the ones that go secular after a while like POD did) that sells because it's CCM. It's like Good Charlotte, only with Jesus. It kind of goes along with the cliquish youth group phenomenon, where your WWJD bracelet and your youth camp t-shirt gives you social standing... and then you go and treat people like crud anyway.*

*- This statement is not meant to be offensive in any way, nor is it against any of you here who disagree. It is merely my opinion based around probably a cumulative total of 15 years attempting Christianity in the CCM/youth-group-happy South, where anyone who doesn't partake who is in a certain age group is automatically an outsider. Also, I have seen a lot of hypocrisy by people who are part of what I perceive to be this phenomenon. Not that my religious group is flawless... there are hundreds of thousands of 12-18 year old "fluffy" pagans running around giving witchcraft a bad name, too. I'm just stating my opinion. <3