Started by Trogdor 22, June 21, 2004, 02:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor 22

Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Sonoras

Wildwood

i liked both the movie and the books.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Ruatine

IMHO, the books are much better.

1. There are a lot of things that Jackson changed in the movies.
2. Jackson didn't include everything from the books in the movies (that's impossible, of course)
3. There's a richness of description in the books that just can't be translated through a movie.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Neobaron

I agree completely with Tuefel...

But the battle scenes in the movie were certainly bad-arse.

---

I voted books.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Wolf Snare

books. movies were interesting to see..
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juby (Tercios)

The Super Nintendo Game!  So Other...
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Nohcnonk

Movies.  I've only read half the series, though.  I was too slow and boring for me when I read the.  I guess it's not my style.  Or maybe I was just too young.

I must agree with Neobaron in his last statement, though. ^_^

Ashyra Nightwing

I like both the books and the movie..

calria

The books, because they rock and because, for the following reasons, the movies need to be shot:
1) While satisfying, given the general hotness of Viggo, the Arwen/Aragorn thing was just a little TOO Hollywood-ized in the movies.
2) Loads of little freaks now can say they're LOTR fans, when they probably would have to *think* about it before knowning who JRR Tolkein is. It cheapens the fandom of those of us who were running around in the early 90's asking our 3rd grade teachers to add The Hobbit and The Silmarillion to the Accelerated Reader list.
3) TOM BOMBADILL!!!!!!!!!

~>John<~

Quote from: TeufelIMHO, the books are much better.

1. There are a lot of things that Jackson changed in the movies.
2. Jackson didn't include everything from the books in the movies (that's impossible, of course)
3. There's a richness of description in the books that just can't be translated through a movie.
Exactly, also, there were things that didn;t need to be changed like Merry not riding into battle and yet they took him along anyways  What was with the Grey Host Being Green?  And they just has The 3 of the fellowship jjump out of the corsair ships, no sons of Elrond or anything, along with many other things.

So Books 70% Movies 30% just for the battles.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Badrang the Tyrant

I really like both, but the books beat the movie (as always).  I think Jackson did a good job on the movies, but could have done better, given he had a better budget..

Ruatine

I wish Jackson would have done the scouring of the Shire. From what I've read, though, he doesn't like that part of the books. Personally, I think the scouring was quite important in showing that the war was globalized, not just in the south. All in all, the movies are a pretty good representation of the books, but the books still win out.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Ashyra Nightwing

They missed out Tom Bombadil in the movies.

*sniffle*

Sonoras

The books are too boring...boring...echo!....echo! Is there an echo? I serve bear! I serve bear!