Attacking system: BAXX vs. DEX

Started by bjornredtail, June 19, 2004, 03:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjornredtail

Ok, which attacking system is better in terms of ease of use and gameplay.

The system in the origional RWL, and in DEX is common to all Promisance games. You select the attack type (eg. Frontal Assult, Standard attack, etc.), set up the number of troops you want to send, select a target, and click attack. No further things can be altered.

BAXX brought in a new attacking system. You select a target, select an attack type (See above), set the number of troops to send, set up their distrabuation in between 4 groups (eg. 25% in group 1, 25% group 2, etc.) for each troop type, select the tatics to be used by that group (eg. Attack, Drive, Flank, etc.) and hit attack.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Nohcnonk

I'd prefer DEX, because then people couldn't sack or capture you, and the % thing isn't too often used or helpful.  But DAXX is much better for some.  I voted other because I'd only like DEX to save myself. XD

Aqualis

BAXX because I just now realized how to use it.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Naltaca

I'm confused by all the acronyms for the choices.
COOL STORY BRO

calria

Orcrist

Heheh- it's says "DAXX", but I chose it anyway (BAXX).
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Riverpaw

I only had a small bit of experience with DEX. It was enough to convince me that the expanision had a few things I didn't quite like. Sack and capture can annoy you, but can also be annoying to others. Drive and the reverse land losses were good for a laugh. I don't like the percents, though. The defender's percents are always more "even" than the attackers, so that a 100, 0, 0, 0 : Drive, Attack, Attack, Attack battle would err in favor of the attacker. Add that to the rat's 2:1 offensive ratio. Suddenly, nobody bothers to defend. Everyone simply "borrows" land and leader-loots. What happened to the value of land? What happened to the quantity of it? What happened to indy strategies?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

bjornredtail

*Was thinking Dark Ages Expantion (Extended), instead of Black Ages Expantion (Extended)*
Does someone mind changeing the poll for me?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ashyra Nightwing

BAXX. *noddles* Superior, yiss, confusing-er, also yiss.

Ruatine

Quote from: nevadacow*Was thinking Dark Ages Expantion (Extended), instead of Black Ages Expantion (Extended)*
Does someone mind changeing the poll for me?
Your wish is my command. *bows and walks away*
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

calria

I like DAXX better. BAXX is for the conformists. ^-^

Badrang the Tyrant

BAXX is better once you figure how to use it.  Really helps with the pesky Leader massers... ;)  

Nohcnonk

Quote from: Badrang the TyrantBAXX is better once you figure how to use it.  Really helps with the pesky Leader massers... ;)
Unless you're a "pesky leader masser"...