Summer Jobs

Started by windhound, June 14, 2004, 07:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

*ponders*
I dont suppose most of yall will have a summer job, other than chores around the house, but I was wonderin who does..  

I have a job at Duke University, which is about 15 min away from where I live..  I work in their Neurobiology Research department and use a computer to pick out protiens from the gels they were in and compare the protiens of one gel to thoes of others..  quite spiffy..  rather tedious..  but it beats workin at Mc Donalds flipping burgers, esp. 'cause I'm a vegitarian  XD..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

calria

In July I'll be working as the student assistant for my college's Disabled Student Counseling Office.
It's only minimum wage, and only 19 hours a week, but it's work.

Wolf Snare

Hehe wow, those jobs sound alot better than the ones I have lined up!
I've a matter of choices, and none sound very appealing...

I can pick cucumbers.... Long hard days... 5 bucks an hour......

I can work at  Wendys as a sub..... Not so bad, but I rarely get a days work....7 bucks an hour....

I could pick blueberries......arg... 5 bucks a bucket....... forget that!

I could do hay..... I Almost had a heat stroke last year from that...... 6 bucks an hour......

But hey, a job is a job. I need to keep saving money for..... What it is I'm planning on doing the rest of my life! Like Aqualis and Naltaca...  ::agrees::  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruatine

*cries* I can't find anyone who will hire me for the length of time that I'm going to be home. I'm going this week to a temp agency. If they don't work out, I don't know what I'm going to do. *needs money badly*
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

VinnieOlle

i need money. i got no job.BUT i have a really good reason...im to young i could start working in a few years im only 12.
SOOO.....if any of you would like to send me some money my address is... lol im jk I wish i could work i would work 10 hours a day if i had the opportunity even if i did get payed minimum wage (you may think im weird but i think im poor lol) when im about 6 years older i can start working at my dads work. my grandpa owns it so i would easily get hired. Well im writing to much about nothing so im done!.  

Germania

I'm a tax collector. I tax people.

VinnieOlle

::cries:: how could you live knowing your taking peoples money? ::cries::  JK that would be kinda fun :snicker:

Naltaca

Germania, if you're a tax collector then that would make you how old?
COOL STORY BRO

VinnieOlle

well he cant be 50 cuz he plays this and nobody that old plays and he would also probably be over 20 so im guessing like 35?

Naltaca

Well I know it's hard to believe but wolf bite isn't in his early 30's as some of us thought he was so there's an adult who plays rwl.
COOL STORY BRO

Ashyra Nightwing

I need to get a job. But I am too young, and too lazy.

Donate to the Buy-Ashy-A-Zeppelin-Fund!

Ruatine

Quote from: NaltacaWell I know it's hard to believe but wolf bite isn't in his early 30's as some of us thought he was so there's an adult who plays rwl.
There are several "adults" who play this game. If you're 18 or over, you're considered an adult. I would fit in this catagory as well as several other members.

And does it matter if wolf bite is 30+ years old? You're never too old to play games and have fun. *nods*
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

calria

Quote from: TeufelAnd does it matter if wolf bite is 30+ years old? You're never too old to play games and have fun. *nods*
Yes!

And, on Terrouge, there's someone on there who's a grandparent, I think!

windhound

O.o
grandparent?  major spiffyness..  
hehe..

old people rocketh..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruatine

*laughs* You don't really have to be old to be a grandparent. My mom is 40, my dad 42, and they just became grandparents last month.