LETS TRY TO BREAK A RECORD

Started by VinnieOlle, June 12, 2004, 06:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildwood

Good idea.  But like Riverpaw said, you need to understand the different time zones.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Nohcnonk

I'm willing to do it as well... I'm online a lot anyway.

Holby

As said, give it in EST and everyone can work from there.
EST is -5.00 GMT.
Work out what your zone is and take it form there.
Wolf Snare, I applaud you. Everything you said is true, and I stand completely behind you.
QuoteThat might be a good thing to say, but there aren't really social leaders in this type of community, and you can't say that people will come together if... they, well, probably won't.
This is just like the carebears or cheese, or the Ninja Turtles. There are people here who lead what the rest of us do.
Shael, Julie, Tania, Peace, Retto. There are heaps, those just came to mind first.
These social leaders are not so prevalent now, but still existent. And we as a community are much more negative now. In fact, people are more negative- it's easier to tell someone they're wrong then to help them on their way with compliments.
Give this thing a chance, it's an awesome idea.
I will not deleted this

Naltaca

Bah, it's something to do and that's good enough for me ^_^.  Just give me the plan and I'll try to follow it.
COOL STORY BRO

RazorClaw

I'll offer up my... *thinks* I think fourteen accounts to this...

calria

I like this idea.

We ought to list the times for it in all the timezones, remembering to change the dates for those for whom it's a different day. That way, everyone will know for sure when to come online. After all, I know a lot of AMERICANS who don't know their difference from EST, so why should someone in GMT know?

Holby

Often game times and resets are given in EST, and people make it then alright. But for those who have to figure the zones, check your clock and the pluses/negatives.
For me, 6PM EST is 7.30AM...
I will not deleted this

Wolf Snare

Oh good. I'm definately not one to organize this kind of event.....I am glad that everyone is pulling together and making this work.
Holby, I thank you. Your leadership skills have shown through. Those who may not have listened to me have definately listened to you.  We might just get this thing going after all.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

VinnieOlle

................................./ \.................................
..................................|..................................
..................................|..................................
...............Go by this time right here..............

i thought about the time zones. that was the one problem i thought about when i first made this thread my idea is just try to stay on till the time but if you cant due to time zones and other things just leave your computer on and wake up every so often to check up on it and all the people that are on. We could just start a thread and talk about anything just to keep us from getting bored :D

For time Im gonna make a poll asking around what time are you normally on and we can see what time would be best for the majority of us and we could ballance it out if half the people want it one time and the other half wants it at another time.

Holby

`w
/test

The time shown on the bar depends on what timezone you set the board at.
I think EST is the way to go.
And great idea to have activites or something to keep everybody occupied at those times :)
*Tries to think of forum games* Might need a little input there ;)
I could set up a RWL history quiz... :) You could try to remember, or interrogate others for the answers, or even work in small teams to do this.
We could start an RP.
Make posts in Ultramod then modify what we're all saying to something completely different. :P
Oodles of fun stuff to do!

But how about date? What do you think of the 21st of this month? A month and a bit away is too long, IMHO.
I will not deleted this

calria

That sounds good to me, especially since I'm taking summer semester in July so I will have a night class then and probably wouldn't be on when you all were.

VinnieOlle

QuoteThe time shown on the bar depends on what timezone you set the board at.
i didnt know that
we should do eastern then

Sonoras

Sounds like a goody idea.

The Lady Shael

A RWL history quiz! *jumps excitedly* You do that, Holbs!

Er, on topic, sure, I'll try to be there...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Riverpaw

I'm still in school. So are a rare few. Next month is safe.

Games:
Pass-a-long-story
Role-playing
3-word-story
5-word... 10... etc. of above
That person above
Draw a picture using Paint.
etc.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.