Different type of server

Started by Orcrist, June 11, 2004, 04:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

Well, I have an idea of for the next round of turbo. Since mercs have been disable this round, I have an idea that is quite interesting. Most of the successful players here are very skilled with leaders; however, in a just troops situation, they fail. Why don't we try to disable leaders in the next round? That will force people to play like the old times- lots of troops and guards, and a much more fun game, because you actually have to work with people in order to do well.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

Thats exactly what my suggestion was. I suggested that 2 seasons ago, but instead they just did no merc... Retto doesn't like to make big changes.

Nohcnonk

Yesyesyesyes.  We need a change.

RazorClaw

Yes, that'd be nice, because my failing point is leaders... I once got to rank three with under 400,000 leaders, though, so I wouldn't be too bad with all troops...

IFman

I once got to rank 1 with 0 leaders :shrugs:
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Germania

Quote from: IFmanI once got to rank 1 with 0 leaders :shrugs:
Is murder still broken?

Ashyra Nightwing

Riverpaw

Sure, but how you'd get enough land into the game is beyond me... People leader because it requires less land. Or, you could leave the land as-is and have a closely contested bloodbat. Oh, wait. That is your point.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Holby

Quote from: OrcristWell, I have an idea of for the next round of turbo. Since mercs have been disable this round, I have an idea that is quite interesting. Most of the successful players here are very skilled with leaders; however, in a just troops situation, they fail.
I've succeeded. Nobody starts off learning leaders, either.

QuoteWhy don't we try to disable leaders in the next round? That will force people to play like the old times- lots of troops and guards, and a much more fun game, because you actually have to work with people in order to do well.
People didn't use leaders in the old times because they were believed to be worthless. Not only that, but few could play them.
You still have to work with people to win. I've never made it on RWL alone.
Though I think it's a good idea to knock off the majority of players who only use leaders, the reasons behind are not valid.
Now these ones I like :P
The game needs a change, there are too many leader players.
Troops is more competitive.
It balances the field a little.

Riverpaw, people use leaders because they are the best way to get Net. But you're right, the land definitely comes into it.
I will not deleted this

Wolf Snare

I've suported this idea since the very dat that Peace Alliance brought it into question. I believe it would make the game alot better. The game needs a change from the leader strategies, this will be perfect.
But will retto go through with it?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Nohcnonk

Quote from: Wolf SnareBut will retto go through with it?
He better. ^_^

Or we'll boycott RWL.  Bwahaha...

~>John<~

My addiction doesnt allow it. However, since learning leaders in ROME I've been yearning to stop goldmining and start having barracks again. pleasew retto? Barracks are to me what the sea is to elves.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Aqualis

No mercs would be a good idea. I experimented with a troop strat a couple eras back on turbo, almost no leaders, and I managed to do very well. I think that I even got into the top ten at one point.

QuoteYou still have to work with people to win. I've never made it on RWL alone.

I have.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Juska

Alright if there no leaders next set in turbo I'm gonna be playin again. No leaders No leaders tra la la la la.

Finally no stinking leader strikes to mess up my indy plans. This is gonna rock. Hopefully we can have normal clans because people are going to be land crazy.  As for the land problem how about having everyone start with like 5k land and for the first 100 turns in protection they can only scout and scouting will have a 3x bonus or something.

Thats right I've spoken

Edit: Can we still have the private and public markets? Because true indies rely on selling troops for money.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Orcrist

Um Holby, I meant most successful players, and your better than almost everyone in the game, if not everyone, so you're a cut above what I was talking about. I just thought it would be cool to see what it would be like in a game where you couldn't figure out how much of a troop someone had by espioniage- instead you would have to mass a troop and hope it breaks, while at the same time hoping no one can break you. Another interesting addition to this would be to remove both leaders AND guards. That way, you can only defend yourself through sheer troop numbers. If this would be too much work for the admins, I'd understand, but it is a pretty good idea.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant