Third Server

Started by Aqualis, June 10, 2004, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

I think there should be a new server with five turns every minute (to have a steadier stream of turns) but the server only lasts two weeks. Kind of like a shorter more intense version of turbo but not so intense that the admins can't control it without constantly being on the computer.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

~>John<~

awesome logo, good idea, couple with having commanders every other week. commanders could start at the end of this/
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Holby

Commanders, like every other thing, will lose its funness if you make it a regular occurrence.
As for a shorter Turbo... I honestly don't see a reason for it, just shortening the time to play, and means a pain in the backside reset every two weeks for the admins.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

Yeah, plus a lot of playing the game is for status, like ranking well, so that you can feel you've accomplished something. Faster paced is good every other weekend, but have something similar to that going for 2 weeks... its like nobody would really care how well they did. Especially since it would reset withing a max of 2 weeks...

Nohcnonk

I'd have to agree with Peace and Holby...

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't think another server is a good idea... Resets take time, and having to reset every two weeks would be a little annoying for the admins, perhaps?

Retto

Doing the resetting of the server, without any changes to setup, takes like...3 minutes. I've long since coded a "Reset" ability into the game.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

IFman

Does that mean that there will be a 3rd server :unsure:  
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Retto

Um...probably not. Holby and peace put it well.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

VinnieOlle

yeah peace did put it good ...
QuoteFaster paced is good every other weekend

so when you said
QuoteUm...probably not. Holby and peace put it well.
does that mean you might consider everyother weekend like peace said?

lol sorry im bugging you so much retto but i love warlords and i cant help that

Riverpaw

Quote from: Aqualisfive turns every minute
...would have to be made into 50/10. Otherwise, running the turn script every minute would kill the server. That would be too close to the Commanders turn rate.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Wolf Snare

Well, seeing as how this idea was already brutally shot down, my opinion is not needed.  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

calria

I've seen this sort of server before on other Prom games, and while they're fun sometimes, for the number of members of RWL, it would really spread the numbers kind of thin. It's already to where there's barely enough for two servers, IMHO.

VinnieOlle

Calria im actually glad this isnt too popular. If it got popular as in a lot of people at my school were playing they would put it on the block list and i wouldnt be able to go on at school.

calria

I'm not saying that we need uber loads more players, really. I'm just saying that we shouldn't spread out the number we already have any more than it already is, because any fewer players per server and it wouldn't be so fun. =P