Unworthy Stanley Cup Winners?

Started by RazorClaw, June 08, 2004, 09:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~>John<~

Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Garagas Ledavas

Red wings lost to Calgary, so in effect it goes -

Tampa>Calgary>Red Wings
Reg- Garagas Ledavas #248

Turbo-Garagas Ledavas II #139

Former Reg. Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #152 - 10

Darth Bane #47 - Emperor

Former Turbo Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #168 - 10

Garagas Ledavas #9 - 2

Garagas Ledavas #7 - Emperor

user posted image

Tarnak Vishu

I am from Vancouver and I wanted them to win. Then, Calgary beat us (my sunday School teacher was happy). Anyways, Calgary's my second favourite team. So I wanted them to win.
Calgary should have won. The goal was in. In my opinion, Mikka was the better goaltender too.

Oh ya, Razorclaw, great avatar and sig

Orcrist

Well, for me, sports this year were just bad luck. First off- football (American football, not that European stuff which is actually soccer  :P ). I'm from Philadelphia, so of course I supported the Eagles, who lose. Then, the Flyers, who do really well (I've followed the Flyers for at least 6 years now) and they lose to Tampa Bay (I HATE THOSE FLORIDA PEOPLE) and finally, Smarty Jones loses (it turns out that 3 of the jockeys made a pact and ganged up on Smarty so he burned out early, but that doesn't change the fact he lost). :(

OT- That goal was a matter of opinion. If you liked Calgary, it went in. If you didn't, the puck was not a goal. There are solid arguments for both, but honestly, that one goal could have made a difference, but would it have changed the real outcome? If that goal went in, would Tampa Bay have gotten pumped up and made a comeback? There are so many if's that it's all a matter of who you like.
For me, there was a hilight and a lowlight to the playoffs. Lowlights- flyers lost. Hilight- redwings didn't win. :)
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

The Lady Shael

*was bored to death, so dropped on by*

Heehee, the Stanley Cup actually came to my city not long ago. ^_^ The weird thing is, we were sorta rooting for Calgary instead of Tampa, because the majority of my maternal family lives in Calgary, and they've been going crazy over that match.

My aunt and uncle had their 25th anniversary party on the night of one of the games, and they wondered where all their guests had gone, and found them all congregating in the lobby in front of a television...

*goes off to be bored again*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

*gasp*

..was that...

...A SHAEL? Could it be? is she back?