Saved!!!! or not.

Started by John Shadeslayer, June 06, 2004, 08:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~>John<~

Quote from: VeranorAlso can we get another opinon from someone else who has seen the movie? John may think that "The Passion" is perfectly acceptable, however some others might not. Oh yeah, I forgot, that movie is going unchecked even though by many it is considered largely anti-semetic.
JESUS WAS A JEW, HIS DISCIPLES WERE JEWS HIS MOTHER WAS A JEW HIS FATHER WAS A JEW HIS FRIENDS WERE JEWS and gentiles. Cut this ..., I mean c'mon. It's anti sanhedrin. So?

The majority of the sanhedrin were corrupted.

You asume this hasn't happned before Veranor? there have been many anti christian movies.

Aus, I don't think America hates Christians, I think liberal Hollywood hates America and thus makes fun of Christianity because it is the rligion of the majority of Americans

Didn't that go unchecked? This one will go unchecked even though it's ....
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Lereac

'Hem.

Christian priests/cardinals/bishops/whatevers are largely corrupt.  A whole whack of people are going to flame me for my views, but I don't care.  They're my views, and debating them with me won't make me change them.  Also, I haven't seen the movie, but I think that if it's anti Christian, what's the big deal?

*imitating John*

The movie is anti Christian.  So?

IFman

I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

~>John<~

Quote from: Lereac'Hem.

Christian priests/cardinals/bishops/whatevers are largely corrupt.   Also, I haven't seen the movie, but I think that if it's anti Christian, what's the big deal?

*imitating John*

The movie is anti Christian.  So?
The point is that the sanhedrin back then do not mean Jews today, while saved is against all Christians.

QuoteDebating with me won't change them

That's closeminded.  If someone could provide logical explanations to arguments I'm against I'd even change my mind. So, your basically saying "lallalala" when ever anyone points ot how your wrong

I pray for your soul if you think that the majority of the Magisterium are corrupt. You must have some skewed mind frame propogated by the fact that you don't listen to others arguments.
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Veranor

Quote from: ~>John<~That's closeminded.  If someone could provide logical explanations to arguments I'm against I'd even change my mind. So, your basically saying "lallalala" when ever anyone points ot how your wrong

You must have some skewed mind frame propogated by the fact that you don't listen to others arguments.
Oh my.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

~>John<~

Can an admin delete that piece of spam above me? And my post, which is spam as well I suppose because its commenting on veranors spam

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

calria

Anything which is produced in our day and time is social commentary.

Racists don't produce anti-minority films because of fear of the backlash.
Christians don't produce anti-non-Christian films for mainstream public consumption because nobody would watch them really, but they do produce other anti-non-Christian propaganda... ALL THE TIME. Often, without even completely understanding the logic behind what they're fighting.
Non-Christians can produce satirical films that portray anti-Christian messages because they don't fear the backlash, and because they know they CAN get people to watch them.

For every anti-Christian movie, there is a televangelist telling someone that they are going to burn in ... for all eternity.
For every anti-Christian comment, there is a website telling parents that Harry Potter and Teletubbies will lead their children to the devil.
For every anti-Christian thing EVER in popular culture, there is a witch burning or Spanish Inquisition.

Christianity isn't all-powerful anymore, and it's time that the other members of society get their own back.

Fun For None

John needs to join Wolf with the Ubiquitous and Omnipresent titles.

What is:

"Propogated?"

Propagated maybe?

"I pray for your soul if you think that the majority of the Magisterium are corrupt. You must have some skewed mind frame propogated by the fact that you don't listen to others arguments."

I pray for your soul.

Now doesn't that just strike a chord with non-believers?

John seems to be our resident leading authority on everything from politics to religion, and even movies. Next time remind me to consult you before I go out.

~>John<~

sorry for the sp Wolf. I will give my opinion. It probably did strike a cord but reading that post just made me sad for them..

Cal....        OK, first off the people who think that about TeleTubbies and Harry potter are wrong, I've already said that, and thats why vatican okayed the books.

I'm Catholic, I don't defend the actions of protestant Televangelists, Catholics believe they won't burn in ... if they meet things that I've already stated about 4 times/.

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Lereac

Now there's the pot calling the kettle black.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I will desist from banging my head against a solid wall, because it hurts.

~>John<~

if you would give tangible arguments instead of useless comments debate would be better on this forum.

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Devari

Ooh... I was thinking about making a thread about this movie a week or so back. Read an article about it in the paper.

It seems to me it is anti-FUNDAMENTALIST, not anti-Christian. ::shrugeth::

I'll see it when it comes to DVD/VHS. (Mom and I won a DVD player a while back :) )

~>John<~

Depends on your definiton of "fundmantalist".

I also hate michael moore's fiction films/[I know he calls them docs, but, come oen/]

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome