Saved!!!! or not.

Started by John Shadeslayer, June 06, 2004, 08:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Shadeslayer

this movie is one of the most anti-christian films in a looooong time.

When they call it "satirical" it means  they're going to be anti christian values and call it satire.
SMSsoccerkid: I lost it.
SMSsoccerkid: It got eaten by evil mutants.
Chris 1 Life 0: That'll happen.
SMSsoccerkid: yea.

Juby (Tercios)

ahem, calling a movie bad because it's "anti christian" is an arguementative fallacy, and like wise movies Dogma and Life Of Brian were awesome, although I have no idea what "saved" is, I think it's a little weird for you to judge quality based on position.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

John Shadeslayer

being anti- any religion is bad Juby. dont you think so, I thought you were a liberal and being anti anything was bad
SMSsoccerkid: I lost it.
SMSsoccerkid: It got eaten by evil mutants.
Chris 1 Life 0: That'll happen.
SMSsoccerkid: yea.

Juby (Tercios)

criticism is not an evil, as a liberal would I not respect the anti's and the pro's?  theirs a difference between agreement and respectfullness thanky you very much, and for the record cause your statement almost hints at calling me an atheist, at least thats the feeling I got off of it, I'm proudly Serbijan Orthodox and I would be respectful to those who criticize my religion.  You can be agianst something, and debate it and be libertarian, you just can't discriminate or legally rule in favour of one side or the other because their both worthy.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Angst Vulpine

'Scuse me.

I'm an Athiest with Pagan and Lycanthrope beliefs.

This is utter junk.

I can not stand movies media in which ANYTHING, especielly as important as Religion, Athiest though I am, is mocked. Not critisized, MOCKED. However, this is not why this is Jackass-like MTV trash. It is NEVER and WILL NEVER be acceptable to mock mentally disabled people. Ever. There is nothing funny about it, it's sad and it is stupid to the even vaugely educated mind.  What rubbish. If we must look to this for something  remotely"funny", I think I'd rather not watch television anymore.
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

General Austin

Thanks for telling me! I was thinking of watching it, but I won't now. The preview gave it a small hint of making fun of Christianity, but it didn't seem that bad. Sneaky liddle boogers. :angry:  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Ashyra Nightwing

What film is this? I've never heard of it...

General Austin

American, actually. Don't think it's out in other coutnries, or at least I HOPE they weren't dumb enough to publish it internationally.

Not at Ashyra, but at RWL in general:

How would you feel if someone made a movie mocking (Or criticizing, whatever word you prefer) gays or lesbians? Or how about Muslims? Oh, hey, what about atheists, occultists, wiccans, or satanists? Oh! Blacks! No, wait. Maybe Hispanics? Aha! Now THAT would be funny! Everyone loves laughing at poor, illiterate Pablo!

No, none of those things would be even remotely acceptable in today's culture. People would be disgusted at it, and see it for what it really is. Why would someone make a movie like this about christians? I think it is because America, as a nation, now detests christians in general.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Neobaron

No.. America doesnt detest Christians....

Come on down to the Bible Belt good sir... we still got morals and Values!       =-D

(and bad grammer... but that dont matter 'cept to me most of the time =-P )
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Angst Vulpine

Yea, let's make fun of disabled people. Haha! Funny. Not.

I do not detest Christians except hypocrites and televangilests. However that's spelled. Cally did a funny little bit on that. >;)
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Veranor

Quote from: General AustinHow would you feel if someone made a movie mocking (Or criticizing, whatever word you prefer) gays or lesbians? Or how about Muslims? Oh, hey, what about atheists, occultists, wiccans, or satanists? Oh! Blacks! No, wait. Maybe Hispanics? Aha! Now THAT would be funny! Everyone loves laughing at poor, illiterate Pablo!

No, none of those things would be even remotely acceptable in today's culture. People would be disgusted at it, and see it for what it really is. Why would someone make a movie like this about christians? I think it is because America, as a nation, now detests christians in general.
I think I would not think such a movie was one you recommend to be watched in a school classroom, but I wouldn't say the movie was of poor quality because it was anti-minority/majority/somethingsomething.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Aqualis

Quote from: General AustinHow would you feel if someone made a movie mocking (Or criticizing, whatever word you prefer) gays or lesbians? Or how about Muslims? Oh, hey, what about atheists, occultists, wiccans, or satanists? Oh! Blacks! No, wait. Maybe Hispanics? Aha! Now THAT would be funny! Everyone loves laughing at poor, illiterate Pablo!

No, none of those things would be even remotely acceptable in today's culture. People would be disgusted at it, and see it for what it really is.
You've never seen any of the Scary Movie trilogy, have you?
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Veranor

Also can we get another opinon from someone else who has seen the movie? John may think that "The Passion" is perfectly acceptable, however some others might not. Oh yeah, I forgot, that movie is going unchecked even though by many it is considered largely anti-semetic.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Cindarin

You are saying this movie is bad because it makes fun of Christianity?  Can't people say that "The Passion of Christ" is just as bad?  It shows the views of one religion and one religion only.  What about Budhists? (sp?) or wiccans or any other religion for that matter? They have views as well.  And you can't be Athiest towards certain religions.  Athiest means you do not believe there is a god.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

IFman

It's a movie! If you don't like it, don't see it
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.