Ronald Reagan

Started by Ruatine, June 05, 2004, 04:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruatine

"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

calria

The last of the decent Republicans.
*also bows head*

wolf bite

15 years ago I was in a fancy country club buffet line. I tapped the guy in front of me to hand me a bread roll. Ronald Reagan turned around and handed it to me.  Two real big guys, in blue suits taking into their sleeves, took me aside to talk to me.

*Lowers head to the loss of the best president of my lifetime*

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Angst Vulpine

I had nothing against him, but nothing for him. Still, someone has  died, and that calls for silence....

*bows head as well*
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

calria

Quote from: wolf bite15 years ago I was in a fancy country club buffet line. I tapped the guy in front of me to hand me a bread roll. Ronald Reagan turned around and handed it to me.  Two real big guys, in blue suits taking into their sleeves, took me aside to talk to me.
O.O Wow....

IFman

yes indeed

*bows head in silence*
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

~>John<~

One of the greatest....

*Bows head*

He served as a mounumental icon in bringing the communists dowm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently cal doesn;t think we're decent anymore. Fine with me.

If being pro-life ain;t decent or whatever......ok, then I dont want to be decent.

Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Ruatine

Quote from: wolf bite15 years ago I was in a fancy country club buffet line. I tapped the guy in front of me to hand me a bread roll. Ronald Reagan turned around and handed it to me.  Two real big guys, in blue suits taking into their sleeves, took me aside to talk to me.

*Lowers head to the loss of the best president of my lifetime*

Wolf Bite
:o When was this?  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

VinnieOlle

Wolf your a lucky guy, you saw him?!

its a sad thing

David

One of the only decent Republicans.

*bows head in silence as well*

Also helped during the cold war.

John Shadeslayer

what is this "one of the only decent republicans" ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wasn't decent he was great, and their are plenty of decent republicans, just as there are democrats. Your hate is so deep......
SMSsoccerkid: I lost it.
SMSsoccerkid: It got eaten by evil mutants.
Chris 1 Life 0: That'll happen.
SMSsoccerkid: yea.

Naltaca

Oh, I see. So it's divided into groups to control the population. The democrats kill the future and then the republicans get rid of the ignorant which would leave a perfect government. I don't understand why it is that democrats want to change to better themselves for tomorrow yet they kill those of the present, the builders of the future. If anyone should be killing innocent infants it should be the republicans due to their conservative thoughts and wanting to "Live in the past" but why is it that they don't kill their own, oh, I see, it's because the republicans were smart enough to get the picture.

Kerry=Pro-abortion(death to the future!!)

Bush=Wants our country to advance and to do well(death to the Kerry!!)
COOL STORY BRO

wolf bite

There are ?checks and balances? in the American system (government class 101).  Some presidents are wimps and worry about upsetting the other branches of government, so they do nothing. But then you have guys like Reagan that forged ahead with what he knew was the right thing to do.

Few talk anymore and the Iran hostage crises. Carter was in office and a bunch of ?terrorists? broke into the American embassy in Iran and held the people hostage as they made demands that we force other countries into releasing prisoners.  Per international law, an embassy is actually the land of the country it is from, and doing military action in an embassy is a declaration of war.  The Iranian government took no responsibility for the actions of the terrorists and even refused to give us permission to cross their land to save all the people inside.  The interesting thing was that the terrorists were Iranian military working for the government.  For those that did not understand what I just said, the government of Iran declared war on America and was holding hostages!

This was during President Carter?s time in office. He would be a great guy to have as a grandpa, but a wimp of a president. He tried to politically talk to the Iranian government and tried to get Congress to back him in trying to meet the demands of the terrorists. Almost a year passed.

Reagan won the election. During the month before he took office he was asked how he would handle the hostage situation.  He never gave a direct answer but said things like ?I would not want to be them when I am in office.?  Then he started a count down to him becoming president, every day he would go on TV and tell the Iranians how many days they had left.  When asked about that he could not do anything without congressional approval, he responded ?I will be the Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces, by the time Congress knows what I have done, it will be over.? (paraphrased)

Within one minute after President Reagan being sworn into office, the hostages were let go by the terrified Iranian government.

Now that is a president!

For those that don?t know. Reagan was an actor in Hollywood.  He then retired from acting and went into politics.  He became the Governor of California, then went on to the presidency.

Truly a great man!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

calria

Him being an actor is proof that the theatrical arts are the supreme creator of all good human beings.
And let's not get into Bush/Kerry debates in this thread... I think that's disrespectful to Regan's memory.

Angst Vulpine

I do too. *eats fries*

I also agree with, hehe, your first statement.

A fellow on my livejournal friendlist (one you wouldn't know...One of those artist types that seems to be every freeking where...) posted this...

Here. It's a rather good tribute.  ::agrees::  
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3