A night of Knighting

Started by wolf bite, June 03, 2004, 03:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Mossflower was all steering with the rumors of a Knighting.  Then the sound that all had been waiting for, the trumpets blow from the castle on the hill!  All the vermin of Mossflower raced to their homes to put on their best outfits in hopes that it shall be them that will be Knighted on this glorious occasion.  All of the region stumbled up the long steps in hopes of getting a place with a good view.

Sha and Teufel stood guard in the entryway.  They were before the large double doors that lead to the Grand Ballroom.  Once all had gathered in the entry, the two Mods pushed open the doors to expose the Grand Ballroom.

The room was lavishly decorated with purple tapestries and the rays of the sun shined brilliantly through the stained class windows.  At the far end of the room were three solitary figures.  In the center was Retto with a dark shroud that only showed his arms folded across his chest.  To one side was The Lady Shael, in a magnificent gown with red rubies spun into the fiber that glistens as if the rays of the sun were attracted to her.  On the other side was the six foot long yellow wolf with green eyes, Wolf Bite, in full armor dress.

Aus and Xenocide took their places at the bottom of the steps to insure that all is run in full orderly fashion.  Sha and Teufel remained at the entry doors checking IPs of any late-comers. Those that had been Knighted in the past marched in the room in 2 rows.  The crowd, from both fear and from respect, separated as the Knights walk in.  The Knights lined up in the center of the room making a pathway.  They drew their weapons and saluted the Admins at the front of the room.  With a gentle nod from Retto, all the Knights faced each other and took a step back with their weapons high making a pathway between them for whoever would be the next Knight to join them.  A clamor was heard as Holby raced in at the last moment to take his appointed spot in the line of Knights, (time zone problem you know.)  The room grew still with anticipation as all the beasts puffed their chests out hoping it will be them whose name was to be called.

Then came the ghostly voice of Bose ?Please step forward Sir ??  Everyone whispered among themselves ?Where?s Boze??  Then came what everyone was waiting for, Boze?s mysterious voice continued ? ? John.?  

A squeak was heard in the back of the room, then John strengthened himself and proceeded.  As he walked down the isle of Knights, each Knights lowered his/her head as John walked through.  The crowd was wishing that it was them, but at the same time all lips were turned up in excitement for how John must be feeling.  John waked to the footing of the steps, not fully sure of what to do.  Aus gently put his hand on John?s shoulder indicating for him to kneel.  John took the position.

The Lady Shael walked down the steps with her gown trailing behind as if she was floating.  She took her wond and tapped both of John?s shoulders.  There was not a breath taken in the room as Retto moved for the first time.  With only his arms and the tip of his otter nose exposed from under his cloak, he extended his arm and laid his hand on John?s head.  Then like magic, John was a Knight!  Stormy?s ghostly voice could be heard ?Hence forth you will be known as ??  The crowds whispered among themselves ?Where?s Stormy.?  Stormy continued, ?? Because I said so ??.  And so it became that John was Knighted and John raised his weapon in respect then joined the other Knights.

Then as the people in the room started to leave, Bose?s ghostly voice could again be heard, ?General Austin.?  Aus looked up and said ?Yes Sir??  Again was Bose?s voice, ?General Austin.?  Aus looked around the room as if he could actually see Bose as Aus wondered what Bose needed from him.

Wolf Bite marched to the bottom of the stairs, then in one movement that seemed instantaneous, de-sheathed his double broad swords, swung them around himself then with a ?clang,? that echoed through the room, slammed them together above his head as he was standing in front of Aus.  Aus?s face went pale as shivers ran down his spine, he just realized that the ceremony was not as of yet over.  He dropped to one knee trembling.  Wolf Bite slowly lowered his two blades simultaneously onto both of Aus?s shoulders, then took a step back.  Retto again approached and laid his hand on the top of Aus?s head.  The ghostly voice of Stormy said ?Hence forth you will be known as ??  The room was silent.  ?? In God I trust ??.

Wolf Bite then pulled out a parchment and read some disclaimer about how if the new Knights did not like their titles they could petition the Admins to change it, but frankly with all the excitement, no one listened.

The bells rang out a song and all rejoiced.  Food was brought in as the feast began ?
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Angst Vulpine

(Out of character (?):

That's really cool, Wolf. It's positively one of the things you only find here. Fairly well written, as well. yes, yes...So is this a roleplay for the ones you're giving titles to, or is it merely an announcement?  ::agrees:: )
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

wolf bite

Hummm, did not really think about it that way ... Ah .... Both?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruatine

Teufel grinned, patting both the new knights on their backs, "Good job, boyos!" She then wandered off to find some food and drink.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Nohcnonk

Nice titles. :lol:  "Because I said so"

Scarwake

*moves from his appointed position as a knight in search of food and fun*  Good job ole chaps, what ho!

*pats Aus on the shoulder & gives a thumbs-up to john*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Holby

Holby, resting forward in his chair with his head resting on the table has his sleep interrupted.
"Sir, don't you want to congratulate the new Knights?"
"Yess, tell 'em to sleeeep big drink and timezone I no up get, if you don't mind."
He clumsily knocks over a carton of Strawberry Milk. Gushing out to run all over his armour and clothing.
"Let me help you there, sir".
Holby stirs again.
"Filthy Blades have chocolate milk. Elves drink allll the strawberry!" He giggles.
"One Chocolate Milk for Aus, on Holby." Calls out the waker of sleep and helper of milk spills.
"Waaa, on me? No Steve Irwin for entertainment. Sssly Ratsy, er, waiter, attendant... Fox. Yess, Sly Fox."
"I'm not a fox."
"Oh."
I will not deleted this

~>John<~

My names the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

Because I said so :lol:  
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Ashyra Nightwing

Ashyra picked up a piece of cheese and gave it to the knights.
"Congratulations!"

(OOC: YES, I'M BACK!)

Sonoras

OOC: Why is this in the News/Updates?

Ruatine

*pokes* Silly! Because Aus and John were both knighted and given titles. Because it's news. Wolf just made a boring announcement into an interesting RP-type thread.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart