Forced Reset

Started by Retto, May 29, 2004, 05:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

As Josh has overwritten months of everyone's playing, ruining both games, I've cleared them and reset. But not first without a few security measures

One of those measures is that I've...I don't know what the official terminology is, but I've got a filter for all mysql queries. It's a nice filter - it helps out a lot, and I can use it to filter and block bad queries. It also spits out an error message when a mysql error occurs, and if you're an admin (me!) it spits out the query as well - very helpful for debugging.

The other thing it does, perhaps the most important, is that it only allows one query per call. Before, you could piggyback two queries into one call, and that's how I think Josh got in, by finding a spot which I hadn't protected (but I don't know where that is). Hopefully, this will make things more safe.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Wildwood

Thank you Retto!
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

calria

Good work in a short amount of time!
:)

Nohcnonk

The Lady Shael

Retto, you rule.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Myrhakel

:D Retto Rules!
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Larrusus Deathspear

Jesus Is a LIE
One of my classmates remarked that I "emanate evil"
MY science teahcer thinks i'm a muslim extremist
The mormons came to my house and I told them I worship satan
My neighbour think that I perform evil rituals on my porch when i burn candles
maybe I should run for president......

Regular Era 2
#391 Slasssk Troopers
Regular Era 3
#92   Slazzar Ectalask
#214  Slasssk Troopers
Regular Era 4
#37    Slasssk troopers

windhound

*nods*
thankee Retto
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

So much for my 100 billion dollars  :angry:  

calria

Aww, poor Peacey!

wolf bite

... so much for my emperorship ....

(wonders if 8 days of having 2 times the next highest counts if the game does down)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

I was about to steal your thrown anyways wolfy.

Juby (Tercios)

with only 100 bil?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Peace Alliance

120 bil would have held it.

Juby (Tercios)

really? cuase I sent more then 120 billion out in a single load of aid a few times...
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96