What do you think of Elton John?

Started by Menatus, May 28, 2004, 02:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veranor

Quote from: Neobaron(Points to Veranor)

Yeah... what he said...

The Darkness (OOOOOOHHHH YEEEAHHHH!!!!!)

I have rather 'broad horizons' i suppose.... Just prefer others over Elton John is all...
Indeed!

I Believe in a thing callled looovee.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Myrhakel

Heh. You created a pretty biased poll and complained about the responces you got. That irked me. And there isn't an option for if you just don't like his music.

I've heard seven or eight songs. Not enough to judge an artist by but I really hated all of them.
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Menatus

I didn't complain about the responses I got. You don't like Elton John, fine, who the freaking ... cares. I was trying to talk about music and then all these people go on about how they don't like him BECAUSE he's gay, which IRKS me, got it?

Heh.

Juby (Tercios)

Older music eh?

Parliament/Funkadelic (George Clinton in that hizouse; Why must I be like that, Why must I chase the Cat, nothin' but the dog in me, nothin' but the dog in me)
Van Morrison
Marvin Gaye
Kool & The Gang
Pink Floyd
Al Greene

And being gay does not mean your a bad person, it means your attracted to the same sex, nothing more, it doesn't make you a violent person or a coniving person, it makes you a person who is attracted to the same sex.  Hating people and calling people evil for being attracted to the same sex makes you a bad, hateful person.  I can't stand it when I here about people going psycho, evil and immoral violent thugs cause a gay guy hit on them, it's no big deal, do what I do, 3 simple words, flattered but straight.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

windhound

*ponders*
I think Queen was atleast part-gay band..   maybe not..  I forgets..
but their music lives on to today, We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions are some of the more well known songs..

I likes Elton John regardless of his gender preferences, hesa good artist and sings better than much of what I've heard today..  
*thinks classic rock > than all other music*
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Menatus

Same here, windy. As for Queen, as I rambled on, Freddie (lead singer of Queen) was gay and sadly died of AIDS, but the rest of them were straight (and have litters of children). Seriously, the bassist has like 8. Everyone is Queen is great, which makes the band great. We Will Rock You has to be one of my least favorite songs by them, though. The second half of it, We Are The Champions, is good. If you ever get your hands on The Show Must Go On, 39, Death on Two Legs, I'm in love with my car, THE PROPHETS SONG (best!) Boho(Bohemian) Rap(Rhapsody) is a great one of course. In fact, go out and buy "A Night At The Opera". It has most of the greatest songs.

Naltaca

Gay people are still bad people. If they stopped being gay then they would not be bad people any more. That's what's the matter with today's society, everyone is corrupted by the government which in turn tells people it's alright to be gay. You know why they didn't have a KKK for gay people? Because they had no problem with people turning gay. If someone was gay I would just assume they might have stoned him with stones as the brick testament suggests or shot them and get it over with quick. That was then and this is now but gay people are still bad people as long as they're gay.
COOL STORY BRO

Myrhakel

*glare* Ergh .. I really disagree with that.

Do you want to start a fight Naltaca?
The man
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

sh0e

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: NaltacaGay people are still bad people. If they stopped being gay then they would not be bad people any more. That's what's the matter with today's society, everyone is corrupted by the government which in turn tells people it's alright to be gay. You know why they didn't have a KKK for gay people? Because they had no problem with people turning gay. If someone was gay I would just assume they might have stoned him with stones as the brick testament suggests or shot them and get it over with quick. That was then and this is now but gay people are still bad people as long as they're gay.
people who's internet name is naltaca are just bad people, if they stopped using that name, they'd be good people, but for no good reason, I'm a hateful ignoramus.  
*rolls eyes*
Turn Gay?  nobody turns gay, most gay people say they wish they were straight cause it would mean they wouldn't have to live through the homophbia and the hatred of other ignorant people, but their gay and they can't change that.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Naltaca

All gay people have to do to not be gay is to like the opposite sex. And no, I don't really care to start a fight I just wish to state my opinion. Gay people have done nothing but cause me trouble. One time, I stated my opinion on gay people at this one site, very politely might I add, and the gay person wouldn't drop it so I was the one who got gagged for two hours in which I had to be online to serve them. That's gay people for ya, nuthin but bad news.
COOL STORY BRO

Myrhakel

QuoteAll gay people have to do to not be gay is to like the opposite sex.

Lol. I don't think it's that simple.

QuoteThat's gay people for ya, nuthin but bad news.

You've probably met annoying people that aren't gay. And if someone said something nasty about me being straight I would get pretty mad too.  
The man
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Naltaca

It's not that they said ne thing to me about my preference it's just that i stated my opinion and i wanted to drop it. So I let him say stuff to me for while (his opinion) and he never stopped and i got in trouble for it. But no, he told me he was gay.
COOL STORY BRO

Ruatine

Enough.

This topic is about Elton John and whether or not you like his music, it is not for a discussion of homosexuality. Drop the subject or I will close the topic. There was already a very long discussion of it in the 'UltraModerated' forum. Make a topic in there, if you must discuss it at all.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Angst Vulpine

I agree. Thanks.

I don't like Elton. Not my favorite musical style. 0_o
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3