What do you think of Elton John?

Started by Menatus, May 28, 2004, 02:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrhakel

Quote from: MenatusMost of the best musicians are gay, and most of the best comedians are lesbians.
Erm. That's your opinion. I can think of only two lesbian comedians.  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Menatus

Nah, that's not my opinion (I'm too in love with Ringo) that's the opinion of my homophobic friend. I'm around and related to too many gay people and too in love with Elton to care ^_^

I don't really like lesbian comedians, though, sometimes their funny.

Menatus

You people and your Stones and your Beatles. Broaden your ... horizons! I mean, I love most of what the Beatles did after 1967 or so, and a few things beforehand, and I have some Beatles memorabilia (mostly for the Ringo) but there's other stuff out there, and you'll never discover it until AHH KANSAS IS ON THE RADIO!!! Okay, random spaz, I love Kansas though. Love. Love love love. Anyway, where was I? Yeah, Beatles. Okay, I love Queen, Kansas, Elton, Beatles, Journey, Moody Blues, ELO!!, Yes, The Who, Kansas, Ozzy, Dan Fogelberg, Supertramp, and I generally like things like Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, the G Dead and what not. Okay, so I'm a bit biased. I rarely listen to CDs or the radio, though, so...yeah. Records are just so much cheaper and funner with bigger pictures and better covers. But my needle broke so I'm stuck listening to the same CDs over and over.

Okay, so 20% of the people here don't like Elton because he's gay, and more than 75% haven't heard more than, probably, 2 songs, I'd guess. Maybe more than 75. I used to hate Elton so much, with a fiery passion. I hated him. I thought he butchered everything. Then I listened to more than 2 songs. But look what happened to me?

It's all Kansas's fault for getting me in to classic rock. Then there's things like The Living End, THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME, post-90s (gasp??) Of course, I like a variety of music. Rock, punk rock, rock & roll, classic rock...XD

Veranor

Quote from: MenatusYou people and your Stones and your Beatles. Broaden your ... horizons! I mean, I love most of what the Beatles did after 1967 or so, and a few things beforehand, and I have some Beatles memorabilia (mostly for the Ringo) but there's other stuff out there, and you'll never discover it until AHH KANSAS IS ON THE RADIO!!! Okay, random spaz, I love Kansas though. Love. Love love love. Anyway, where was I? Yeah, Beatles. Okay, I love Queen, Kansas, Elton, Beatles, Journey, Moody Blues, ELO!!, Yes, The Who, Kansas, Ozzy, Dan Fogelberg, Supertramp, and I generally like things like Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, the G Dead and what not.
Oh I was wrong...

Oooh My Soul is by Little Richard (and oooh my arms, we just flew in from manchester)

But uh...

It's not like I only listen to The Beatles,

- Pink Floyd
- The Beatles
- Led Zeppelin  (Those three = 90% of my music)
- Crystal Method
- Mindless Self Indulgence (Occasionally, though the subject matter is questionable to most people I know)
- The Who
- Jefferson Airplane

See though, it's not as though I don't like some other bands it's just, I don't seek out there music, Greatful Dead, Queen, Elton John, ummm some assorted bands.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Neobaron

(Points to Veranor)

Yeah... what he said...

---

Beatles
The Who
Stones
Eagles (and a bit of Joe Walsh on his own cause hes cool)

---

Not stuck on old stuff...

The White Stripes
Jet (they have a Stones sound to most of their songs...)
Rooney
The Darkness (OOOOOOHHHH YEEEAHHHH!!!!!)

---

I can go back earlier too... but im rather tired...

I have rather 'broad horizons' i suppose.... Just prefer others over Elton John is all...
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

calria

You're all stuck in the dark.
I listen to:

- Smashing Pumpkins
- The Get Up Kids
- Bright Eyes
- Thursday
- Something Corporate
- Screaming Weasels
- The Ramones
- The Ataris
- Yellowcard

Oh, and Abba, Mozart, Vivaldi, and various Broadway Musicals.

Menatus

I love classical music. But when it comes to recent thingies...I'm so sick of Smashing Pumpkins. For me it's all about

The Living End
Goldfinger
The Offspring
Less Than Jake
I used to be really in to the punk scene, but it was a few years ago...I still got all like 10 pairs of plaid pants! XD Still wear the band shirts.
Kansas (well, they're still around XDD)
I should get some of Elton's new stuff...his voice is just so LOW now, though!
Ringo (he's got a really good CD that came out last year; I got the deluxe version)

You have 90% of your songs between 3 bands? AND ONE OF THEM ISN'T QUEEN!?!?

I'm not sorry, but Freddie's voice blew EVERYONE away. EVERY rock star has called him the greatest singer or figure in rock and roll history. PAUL MCCARTNEY said something to that extent. Everyone. The guitarist plays AWESOME guitar, it's just he's so modest at shows, he just stood there and played these mad solos. And the drummer is just plain awesome. The bassist just kind of sits there and strums away XD And Freddie. I love Freddie; he's my idol.  

Naltaca

My being an idiot because I dislike Elton John because he is gay is your opinion. I could have the same opinion about you but what difference would it make? Gay people are bad people and need to stop being gay. The brick testament tells you exactly what you should do with gay people. I know that Ian Mckellan from Lord of the Rings is gay which is a very, very bad thing because Return of the King is the greatest movie of all time. Elvis is also gay and I don't like him either.

Good Musicians that aren't gay:
Ozzy Osbourne
Eric Clapton
Curt Cobain
Jimmi Hendrix
Eddie Vanhallen
(the guy/s from metallica)

and i would keep going but i don't want to waste my time on this listing tons of other musicians. I wish I could have put specific names down on the last one but I couldn't think of them but metallica would definately trump Elton John even if he wasn't gay.
COOL STORY BRO

Trogdor 22

I voted smouldering temptress...don't know why....
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Menatus

I put it on everyone's yearbook ^_^ Next to the usual pineapple relations.

It's not the fact that you don't like Elton John, it's the fact that you don't like him BECAUSE he's gay. It's kind of prejudicial.

Anyway, I love Ozzy, he's one of my four idols. They're Ozzy (Osbourne) Ringo (Starr) Freddie (Mercury) and Elton (John). None of them really need the last names to know who they are. Unless you used real birth names, in which case it would be John, Richard, Farokh and Reginald.

Gay people aren't BAD people. Maybe being gay is wrong, I mean I don't really like it, but I accept it, but it definately doesn't make you a bad person just because of it.

Eric Clapton? ...eh. He has a few good songs.

I don't think Metallica is as homophobic as you, seeing as that the lead singer performed Stone Cold Crazy for Freddie's tribute. I don't mind Metallica I just don't listen to them. And I HATE that Turn the Page cover they did. The song sucked in the first place.

wolf bite

Remembers seeing him live at Dodger Stadium. (had back stage passes but did not have the chance to use them).  Always liked pinball wizard, although ?The Who? did it better.

And for some of you that posted that you like people from the dark ages like The Who, have you heard of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Neil Young?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Myrhakel

Look. I don't like his music. If he wasn't gay I would still not like his music. Sheesh.

Your poll had no option for people who just didn't like his music.

Pink Floyd all the way.
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

calria

Menatus

XD I have a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young record. I have a looot of records. As we speak, I'm surrounded by...10 piles of 33s each a 4 to 6 inches high, plus two cases of 45s. XD Unfortunately, my needle broke and I'm devastated. Been listening to the same Elton, Kansas, Ringo, and Dan Fogelberg records over and over and over and over...

Menatus

XD I have a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young record. I have a looot of records. As we speak, I'm surrounded by...10 piles of 33s each a 4 to 6 inches high, plus two cases of 45s. XD Unfortunately, my needle broke and I'm devastated. Been listening to the same Elton, Kansas, Ringo, and Dan Fogelberg records over and over and over and over...

By the way, Myrhakel Greenfire, I wasn't even TALKING to you so no need to be so touchy. "Sheesh". And it does have an option for if you don't like his music. Just how many have you heard?